Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing these on eBay lately:

Does anyone think it's even possible/compatible to put these in the USA model?

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Package
313 Posts
Seeing these on eBay lately:

Does anyone think it's even possible/compatible to put these in the USA model?
I saw them too. I honestly think they are likely plug and play. It'd be nice to see the connectors on the back. The underlying controls I would think would be similar between low and high beam.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,004 Posts
Yes agree with the above, what am i missing, why do you guys need to change your headlights?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
330 Posts
I doubt it will work. The North America version has just single wires for the turn signal and headlights, along with a high beam wire. I'm willing to bet the progressive signals have either multiple wires connected to an ECU, or a CAN bus connection. Here's what The non-NA version looks like.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those headlights probably have the matrices that dim in with on coming traffic. You would probably buy them and not be able to control them at all. You would have to custom wire them to make them work like regular led headlights best case scenario. I seriously doubt the left the programming for the automatic projector headlights in our cars so you could just plug and play.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,004 Posts
Non-USA cars got projector headlights instead of the reflectors. I think they look 1000% better than ours. I also wonder if they are functionally better.
OK makes sense, crazy why they do things like this but I understand it could be a legal issue in your country.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind RWD Yacht Blue
215 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts