1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an EV6 GT line S AWD. UK
The car is due in the next week or so.
I ordered a heat pump, but was told it does not have one as they did not
have any at the factory, and shipped it without out one.
Has anyone on here had delivery of their car with a heat pump fitted?
Is anyone expecting one this month with a heat pump fitted.
Has anyone else been told they will not get a car with a heat pump, even though they ordered one?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
293 Posts
I ordered an EV6 GT line S AWD. UK
The car is due in the next week or so.
I ordered a heat pump, but was told it does not have one as they did not
have any at the factory, and shipped it without out one.
Has anyone on here had delivery of their car with a heat pump fitted?
Is anyone expecting one this month with a heat pump fitted.
Has anyone else been told they will not get a car with a heat pump, even though they ordered one?
Hi @Henryvl , happy Tuesday!

So, as a US Kia dealer, I will tell you that the factory will NOT simply make your car without parts that you requested. One of two things happened: 1) your dealer screwed up and built your order with the wrong model code in the system that didn't fit it with the HP or 2) your dealer is simply trying to "assign" you to an inbound unit that matches except for not having the HP. I speculate it's the first.

I see this all of the time with Telluride's here in the States. It's wildly popular and is on an order only basis. Dealers screw up customer builds in the system all of the time and point the finger at the factory to take the fall instead of taking responsibility for their mistake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A beginners ev question, but here goes
How would I know (apart from the salesman telling me) my EV6 has been fitted with a heat pump. I've zero mechanical knowledge which doesn't help 😒

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
60 Posts
A beginners ev question, but here goes
How would I know (apart from the salesman telling me) my EV6 has been fitted with a heat pump. I've zero mechanical knowledge which doesn't help 😒
I take it in the UK you don't have window stickers on your cars like we do in US? This would be clearly listed on the required Monroney Sticker here.

Example:
Font Rectangle Parallel Electronic device Web page

·
Registered
143 Posts
How would I know (apart from the salesman telling me) my EV6 has been fitted with a heat pump.
With the car sitting idle but the heat running, the heat pump should require heat transfer from the outside air. The damper in the lower front grille should be open and you should be able to hear a fan running near that area, just like when the AC is running. Electric resistance heat, on the other hand, does not require airflow over the outdoor coil. Best to test this when the car has been sitting idle for a bit... warm batteries can add another variable to whether or not airflow across the outdoor coil is needed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is it possible to instal this kind of heat pump after reception of the car ?
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it certainly wouldn't be trivial. It's not just a heat pump for the cabin, it also scavengers heat from the batteries, motors, and electronics. So it wouldn't just be evacuating the system, adding a reversing valve, check valve, expansion valve, charging it back up, and changing some controls programming. There are refrigerant to coolant heat exchangers that would have to be added, maybe the standard AC compressor is the same, or maybe it's different. Maybe the condenser is the same, maybe not. The HP diagram shows a HGRH coil for dehumidification... maybe it's also there in the standard system, or maybe it would have to be added.

I wouldn't expect this to be a financially beneficial retrofit.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
293 Posts
Would something online like this help determine if you have a heat pump?

I don't think that they use the same VIN coding that we use here in the US. Also, the VIN won't code deep enough to note a heap pump or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts