Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I'm sitting waiting until March for my car to arrive, I find myself trawling YouTube for EV6 videos, trying to pick up any little bits of info I wasn't already aware of...

The car I tested was a GT Line S; in the last couple of days, I've seen a couple of videos looking in depth at the entry-level spec, which has shown me what my GT Line might be like without some of the "S" features.

This video - see 35:48 - interested me. I've seen many reviewers talking about the touch-buttons for seat heating controls, and I triggered a couple of them myself on my test drive. But this model seems to have physical, non-piano-black buttons:

Is this the difference between the Air and GT Line specs, or is it the difference between the specs with and without the ventialted seats (5 vs 3 buttons)? Does anyone have a GT Line, with 3 buttons - are they physical or touch?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep, that's the air/earth model depending on which country you're in. Your GT-Line will have the soft touch buttons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that's the air/earth model depending on which country you're in. Your GT-Line will have the soft touch buttons.
Even though it's just got the 3 buttons?

Just found this video, which seems to be the UK GT Line spec. 3:53 appears to show physical buttons:

Surely it would be odd for them to have 3 different button setups:

• 3 button (physical) - Air/Earth
  • 3 button (touch) - GT Line
  • 5 button (touch) - GT Line S

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Norwegian "Exclusive" is more like Gt-Line has five touch buttons and piano black. I really wish Kia did physical there aswell. During my test drive i turned on cooling in the seats twice when fiddling with the (also annoying but at least useful) climate/media panel.

Pretty sure I will hate that part of the car.

·
Registered
366 Posts
3 button = heated driver and passenger seats and heated steering wheel
5 button = heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats and heated steering wheel

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Norwegian "Exclusive" is more like Gt-Line has five touch buttons and piano black. I really wish Kia did physical there aswell. During my test drive i turned on cooling in the seats twice when fiddling with the (also annoying but at least useful) climate/media panel.

Pretty sure I will hate that part of the car.
Yep, I already hate this also 😒 Why, Kia??! 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
281 Posts
And 4 button, as shown in some US spec cars = heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats 😐

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And 4 button, as shown in some US spec cars = heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats 😐
What, no heated steering wheel? I've never had one before, but instantly fell in love with it on my test drive!

From what I can tell:

• if you have 3 buttons (no ventilated seats) they are physical
  • if you have 5 buttons, they are piano-black, touch

Unless anyone has seen a 3-button touch config?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
613 Posts
What, no heated steering wheel? I've never had one before, but instantly fell in love with it on my test drive!

From what I can tell:

Right. Here in the US, the EX will probably be heated seats only and will have a brushed metal trim instead of black with toggle switches instead of touch.

·
Registered
21 Posts

From what I can tell:

Can confirm UK GT Line has 3 button setup - left heated passenger seat, middle heated steering wheel, right heated driver seat

All work well from my side. Phyical push button not haptic flippy heating to radio media touch buttons

I think only the lower flip dial (need better name) is touch on my car (other than left screen) all the others, right of dash, on wheel are physical.

And both heated wheel and heated seats are awesome - really warm. full setting seat is actually a bit too warm if weather is reasonable.

M

·
Registered
244 Posts
Maybe haptic / touch buttons are less maintenance in the long run (can't get gunked up), but buttons with an actual physical press are so much easier to use without looking and more difficult to press accidentally.

Touch buttons also suffer from sensitivity issues when wearing gloves or just when hands are really cold. I really wish automakers would avoid them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have taken delivery of my GT Line S in the UK and it has a 5 button set up on the console. They are sensitive but far enough placed away from teh dual climate/ medial panel to avoid accidental activation. I agree both heated and cooled are very effeciive as is the heated steering wheel. 👍

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Earth model here in Ireland comes with the 3 physical buttons and I think having seen some reviews mention the touch buttons are too easy to accidentally hit when operating the radio, I prefer the physical ones to touch.

Overall, the EV6 has made me appreciate the fine balance of touch vs physical buttons when driving, I used to want a Tesla but now I'm not so sure I'd like everything being touch based.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
119 Posts
I, personally, almost never touch my radio controls or my climate controls. I set it to auto and that is the setting that I use 99% of the time. I’m fortunate to live in Arizona where that just works for me almost all the time. As far as radio controls I’m always using Apple CarPlay and never listen to the radio or really anything else. So the buttons being touch mean absolutely nothing to me.

I do feel like reviewers are playing with the buttons more than any person ever would normally driving the car. However I fully understand that everybody drives and interacts with the car differently .

I may feel differently once I spend some time in the car but I just don’t see this being an issue for me at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts