Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been following the forum for quite some time as a guest, but finally managed to register😅
I am impatiently waiting for my GT-Line yacht blue, ordered in December 21 hopefully delivered end of this year last I heard😯. This is our first new car, so why not go electric 😇 I cant wait…..
Our mazda6 from 2006 is still running, but it is slowly falling apart. 🤞

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you received your VIN from the dealer? Once VIN is issued, the car is manufactured within a week. Then it takes about 1 to 2 months for the car to be loaded on a vessel to port of discharge. Kia uses its sister company Hyundai's marine shipping line. Not Maersk 😉

·
Registered
157 Posts
I’ve been following the forum for quite some time as a guest, but finally managed to register😅
I am impatiently waiting for my GT-Line yacht blue, ordered in December 21 hopefully delivered end of this year last I heard😯. This is our first new car, so why not go electric 😇 I cant wait…..
Welcome to the forum @EV6GTLDK! Is this your first EV along with your first new car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you received your VIN from the dealer? Once VIN is issued, the car is manufactured within a week. Then it takes about 1 to 2 months for the car to be loaded on a vessel to port of discharge. Kia uses its sister company Hyundai's marine shipping line. Not Maersk 😉
No VIN yet, unfortunately 😔

·
Registered
Red GT LIne AWD, 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300
107 Posts
Welcome! I just got my Runway Red GT LIne, AWD and it is a fantastic car!

BTW, where are you in Denmark? I have been there a few times. My daughter and son in law live there. They have Teslas a Model X (with the gullwing doors) and a Model S.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! I just got my Runway Red GT LIne, AWD and it is a fantastic car!

BTW, where are you in Denmark? I have been there a few times. My daughter and son in law live there. They have Teslas a Model X (with the gullwing doors) and a Model S.
Thanks for the welcome.
i live in copenhagen (Capitol of Denmark)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum and soon to be Yacht Blue club. (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
@EV6GTLDK

Sorry for bringing some bad news:

I ordered the exact same model and colour of GT Line December 2021 and was told to expect a delivery time of 9 to 14 months... :rolleyes:

Today I got a call from the dealer telling me, that the expected delivery has now been postponed to end of 2023, maybe even 2024! :mad:
I don't think we are ever going to get the ordered cars - and even if we wait, the price will be adjusted.

After waiting 9 months this is a huge disappointment and not very customer friendly of Kia...! They should not sell cars that they can't deliver!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@EV6GTLDK

I ordered the exact same model and colour of GT Line December 2021 and was told to expect a delivery time of 9 to 14 months... :rolleyes:

Today I got a call from the dealer telling me, that the expected delivery has now been postponed to end of 2023, maybe even 2024! :mad:
I don't think we are ever going to get the ordered cars - and even if we wait, the price will be adjusted.

After waiting 9 months this is a huge disappointment and not very customer friendly of Kia...! They should not sell cars that they can't deliver!
I am sorry to hear that :mad:

I only hear from my dealer when I visit them at the dealership to follow up, so maybe I am lucky since they didn't call me?
Anyways, if we are waiting until 2024 I will unfortunately have to choose another car, I don't want to say it but (Tesla) perhaps:unsure:

·
Registered
26 Posts
@EV6GTLDK

I just got the call yesterday!
have waited since dec. 2021 and now it's delivery in Q1 2024. and what happens when we gets to Q4 2023 will they call and say that they can't deliver ?

dealer said it's a long list and they are hoping most of people will cancel the order.
right now we really don't know that to do, buy another car or keeping our current ones (peugeot 107 and Peugeot 208) hate that we have to get a baby and everything inside the 208.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
I just got the call yesterday!
have waited since dec. 2021 and now it's delivery in Q1 2024. and what happens when we gets to Q4 2023 will they call and say that they can't deliver ?

dealer said it's a long list and they are hoping most of people will cancel the order.
right now we really don't know that to do, buy another car or keeping our current ones (peugeot 107 and Peugeot 208) hate that we have to get a baby and everything inside the 208.
Wow 😮

That has to be the longest wait ever.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
KIA must be a unreliable car brand... even before delivery of the car 😅
We are seeing 10 to 12 month lead times in the UK but not over 2 years, hopefully this is not true.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same call for a red GT Line ordered i April 2022 at Kia Horsens, with new expected deliverytime around newyear 2023/2024.
Order was including headup display etc, but it seems like Kia Korea just informs dealers, that all EV6 orders will be delayed “just” another 6 month.

Was also asked by dealer, if I wanted to stay in orderline, or jump out…. I stayed, and hooping everybody else will jump out….
Find it strange, that it seems like US customers can order with delevery in just a few month to a year…

20 month are a very long waitingtime……

1 - 20 of 21 Posts