Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Kia fam!

I have a delimma as I am a kia guy and love their cars, as I feel they are some of the best cars especially for the price. I have put in for my order several months back and my sellesman got back to me about ordering recently. My heart was set on this ev6 but during the wait time I had been watching videos and came across this amazing mercedes EQE that will be coming out soon (mercedes EQS is out now but that's top of the line which I don't need).
So now I can't decide.

I'll be honest the main factors are mostly the hypersceeen in the mercedes (if you haven't seen it check it out, makes any other vehicles screen look small lol) and wireless AA, map tells you where charging stations are if they are open or being used and other stuff and panoramic sunroof.

As we know the ev6 doesn't have those. The main thing for me was the not having wired AA that thing disconnects and just makes me angry to no end. I did not want another car that requires a cord, I mean it is 2022 🤷‍♂️.

But I did see a Motorola wireless device that will allow AA. So now I'm torn.

What are yall thoughts? Have yall see the mercedes EQE?
I honestly had no interest in any mercedes or expensive cars but I do love that car, but I still love my kia's as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure I care for the outside but that cockpit is just stunning! And will probably be a lot more expensive, with the higher base and expensive options that are included in EV6. But still, that cockpit is gorgeous.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
188 Posts
I have three Kias- a 2017 Sportage, a 2019 Sorento, and a 2022 Stinger(scorpion). needless to say I like my Kias. I have only seen the Mercedes in a commercial. I am not a fan of Mercedes, nothing wrong with them they just don't appeal to me. I say , honestly get what works for you. I am looking at the EV6 to make the jump to an EV. I like and am already familer with the drive systems, user interface, sounds, buzz and whistles of Kias so I figure it would make it easier for me to get an EV Kia. I am well familiar with having to use the cord, and while it is a little annoying it is no real big deal or deal breaker for me. I wish the EV6 did have a full opening panoramic moon roof like my Sportage and Sorento but the FE and GT line does have an opening sunroof like my Stinger and that is fine. What is the price of the Mercedes vs the Kia? that would be a bigger deal for me. As I like the reliability and warranty and price point that comes the Kias, which is the biggest plus to me. I tend to keep cars forever. My two cents. I will look at the videos of the Mercedes now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure I care for the outside but that cockpit is just stunning! And will probably be a lot more expensive, with the higher base and expensive options that are included in EV6. But still, that cockpit is gorgeous.
I agree. Most hate the outside lol. It's OK to me but not terrible but the interior and hypersceeen is one of a kind. No specific pricing information but they suspect it will start at $70k which I'm not worried about that price as much, long as it's something I want. I just never owned a mercedes and this is their first EV so idk I'm torn.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Wow that interior is amazing, love the interior, the outside i am 50/50 over, like some parts and dislike some parts.

One thing to look out for and I am not sure if it will be the same, the EQA and EQC models are all based off the ICE cars and have been converted to all electric, the issue with this is the batteries are positioned in areas like the boot meaning the boot area is smaller then it should be if the car was an electric designed from the ground up car.

Does claim also upto 410 miles range.

10-80 charge in 35 minutes.

Just thought it may help you and others.

Video link below.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Wonder if that mahoosive screen will get widescreen Android Auto / CarPlay support 😂
Think I can hear my wallet screaming "don't go towards the shiny thing, you've just got an EV6"
Don't walk into the light.

Just hope it works out of the box as its a massive screen to look at if it is not working correctly.

If you could play videos on the screen it will keep the passengers happy on long trips.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So that interior on the EQE is awesome! I don't even mind the exterior look either. The exterior is not as exciting and sexy as the EV6 but then again Mercedes just has a different styling approach. I'd say the shape of the body on the EQE is more in line with a Model 3.

I think you have to ask yourself what you prioritize in your next car. Yes, we'd all like to have everything in one car but that's hard to accomplish. But would you say you prioritize the interior experience (UI, screen, sunroof) or the overall driving experience (handling, speed, range)?

I'd say the EV6's strength lies in how much fun it is to drive, the cool exterior body, fast charging and the fact that the EV6 is truly a CUV and not a sedan like the EQE. So while the EV6 doesn't have a huge amount of space in the back like other true CUV's, it should have more than the EQE.

On the other hand, in my opinion the EV6 has some disappointments. For example, the top range on the AWD came in low at 274 miles (240-250 with real world driving). The sunroof is a bit old school. In today's market, most OEM's are delivering full glass roofs reaching the back seat of the car. With the downward slope the EV6 has towards the back seat (Slope needed for the cool body design) it would have benefited from having an all glass roof like the EQE, Polestar 2, Tesla, or Ioniq 5. Finally the screen/UI of the EV6 is not great.

It's hard to compare the EV6 with something not yet available and I have no idea how that MB will feel like to drive on the road. However, if you feel you gravitate more toward the interior experience in a car versus range and/or how fun a car is to drive; then perhaps you can just wait until the EQE is available and you can actually touch and drive it. Heck, most of the KIA dealerships are drastically abusing the markups right now anyway. Unless you have the time and patience to hunt down a dealership that is legit and does not markup. You'd likely have to get something shipped to you or you'd have to wait (perhaps months) till an order arrives.

But if you wait for the MB, you could literally compare both cars side by side. Perhaps by the time the EQE arrives the EV6 pricing markup issue might have also come back down to earth and they become easily accessible within local dealerships that were previously jacking up the price. Then at least you'll have done your due diligence on your purchase and you should be able to know what is right for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for
So that interior on the EQE is awesome! I don't even mind the exterior look either. The exterior is not as exciting and sexy as the EV6 but then again Mercedes just has a different styling approach. I'd say the shape of the body on the EQE is more in line with a Model 3.

I think you have to ask yourself what you prioritize in your next car. Yes, we'd all like to have everything in one car but that's hard to accomplish. But would you say you prioritize the interior experience (UI, screen, sunroof) or the overall driving experience (handling, speed, range)?

I'd say the EV6's strength lies in how much fun it is to drive, the cool exterior body, fast charging and the fact that the EV6 is truly a CUV and not a sedan like the EQE. So while the EV6 doesn't have a huge amount of space in the back like other true CUV's, it should have more than the EQE.

On the other hand, in my opinion the EV6 has some disappointments. For example, the top range on the AWD came in low at 274 miles (240-250 with real world driving). The sunroof is a bit old school. In today's age of cars most are delivering full glass roofs reaching the back seat of the car. With the downward slope the EV6 has towards the back seat (Slope needed for the cool body design) it would have benefited from having an all glass roof like that EQE. Finally the screen/UI of the EV6 is not great.

It's hard to compare the EV6 with something not yet available and I have no idea how that MB will feel like to drive on the road. However, if you feel you gravitate more for the interior experience in a car versus range and/or how fun a car is to drive then perhaps you can just wait until the EQE is available and you can actually touch and drive it. Heck, most of the KIA dealerships are drastically abusing the markups right now anyway. Unless you have the time and patience to hunt down a dealership that is legit and does not markup. You'd likely have to get something shipped to you or you'd have to wait (perhaps months) till an order arrives.

But if you wait, you could literally compare both cars side by side. Perhaps by the time the EQE arrives the EV6 pricing markup issue might have also come back down to earth and that cars becomes more easily accessible within local dealerships that were previously jacking up the price. Then at least you'll have done your due diligence on your purchase and you should be able to know what is right for you.
Thanks for your reply. Made alot of good points.

As for the markup there is none at the dealer I found. They don't do markups. I live in Houston (there are a few places here that sell at msrp that I find out til later) but order from this place alot of people but at msrp from in Colorado.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer just texted me and said they have my color of matte Grey 😬 didn't expect it this soon, thought I had time to think. He originally said I could order one and he would let me know when I can order but the one he has an ETA of mid March so I still got some time. I just reserved but I want to see pics because he said it comes with a clear bra (not sure what to expect there). It does come with tinted windows and a charger though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts