Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My name is Niall, I work as a KIA Genius at KIA EMG Thetford UK.

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best I can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and I will do my very best to help you!

I look forward to helping!
Niall

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Niall,

I have just take ownership of an EV6 GT Line RWD. Very impressed to date.

My dealer really is on catch up with regards to my questions.

Do you happen to know how you gain access to the 3 pin socket in the middle of the rear seat? It says use the key which I assumed to be the key inside the fob but doesnt even fit in the aperture.

Also. Is there an issue with the supply of the VTL Adapter? Mine didnt come with one but should be standard with the GT Line. Again the dealer is lagging with giving me a response.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Niall,

I have just take ownership of an EV6 GT Line RWD. Very impressed to date.

My dealer really is on catch up with regards to my questions.

Do you happen to know how you gain access to the 3 pin socket in the middle of the rear seat? It says use the key which I assumed to be the key inside the fob but doesnt even fit in the aperture.

Also. Is there an issue with the supply of the VTL Adapter? Mine didnt come with one but should be standard with the GT Line. Again the dealer is lagging with giving me a response.

Thanks for any help.
Hi Graeme,

That's awesome to hear! What colour did you go for?

We had the same question with we later found out through exploring that you have to remove the blade from the key, the blade should fit into the key hole in the plate once turned and unlocked you will be able to slide the plate over and reveal the 3 pin socket. We didnt understand why they locked it away during shipping your dealer should go through the unlock process during hand over im sorry for this.

In terms of the vehicle to load adapter it should be in it's own little case inside the cable bag at the bottom, I don't know of any supply issue with the adapter I would recommend checking and if not your dealer should supply it as the car should of come with it.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Niall,

Perfect thanks - found it. Just checked and assumed that there was only the cable in the bag. Duh.

Also opened the internal VTL with the blade as you call it. I did try this before but assumed it had to be fully inserted so assumed it didnt fit as it only goes in a couple of mm's.

Needed to vacuum the car this weekend and could of avoided the hassle of an extension lead. Still thinking of other applications.

I went for white. Loved the silver but do know its a whole new ball game with a matt car. Have to say I am so impressed with the car. Absolutely Love it. I think you're going to be extremely busy and appreciate I was lucky to get my hands on one so early.

Thanks again for your support.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Niall,

Perfect thanks - found it. Just checked and assumed that there was only the cable in the bag. Duh.

Also opened the internal VTL with the blade as you call it. I did try this before but assumed it had to be fully inserted so assumed it didnt fit as it only goes in a couple of mm's.

Needed to vacuum the car this weekend and could of avoided the hassle of an extension lead. Still thinking of other applications.

I went for white. Loved the silver but do know its a whole new ball game with a matt car. Have to say I am so impressed with the car. Absolutely Love it. I think you're going to be extremely busy and appreciate I was lucky to get my hands on one so early.

[/QUOTE
Hi Niall,

Hi Graeme,

No worries it is rather hidden in the bag we only found it cause we searched the whole of the car for it! Aha.

Yeah it is odd it doesn't go fully but I'm glad you've got it open, I must admit I didn't think of using it for a hoover that's a great use for it!

We have made pot noodle with it by boiling a kettle and plugging in a light.

Ah yes white is beautiful we just got our in showroom EV6 separate from our demo, white showroom one and black demo. Yes Matte grey is a whole new ball game in caring for the paint.

I love hearing that you're impressed with the car! Yes people are loving them we currently only have AIRs available for December other than that we have sold out of the rest till next year!

No worries! Here if you have anymore!

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
51 Posts
Hello Niall, I’ve got a couple of questions for you. What is the height of the rear hatch when fully opened when measured from the ground? If possible, is that height adjustable (reduced and set as the new default) and if so, how? Also, if you have any pull within KIA corporate, how about mentioning that a few (maybe more) of us here in the US would love to be able to get a new EV6 in that Deep Forest Green exterior color!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Niall, I’ve got a couple of questions for you. What is the height of the rear hatch when fully opened when measured from the ground? If possible, is that height adjustable (reduced and set as the new default) and if so, how? Also, if you have any pull within KIA corporate, how about mentioning that a few (maybe more) of us here in the US would love to be able to get a new EV6 in that Deep Forest Green exterior color!
Hi Chip,

The boot is roughly 2180mm so minimum height would need to be 2200 if you were looking to open it fully, you can adjust the height of the boot via settings.

How to get to power tailgate settings:
  1. Settings
  2. Vehicle settings
  3. Door
  4. Power tailgate height
I have included photos of the menu and there is the function of user defined so you can set it to exactly the height you require.

I wish I had some pull with main corporate but unfortunately not, I understand your desire for the colour we wish we also had the colour as it's not available in the UK either. It's almost worth getting the car wrapped just to get the colour aha! Sorry about that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire Font Audio equipment Gadget Wheel

Gadget Font Audio equipment Vehicle Personal luxury car

Brown Wood Art Font Symbol

Wheel Gadget Vehicle Font Audio equipment

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
51 Posts
Hi Chip,

The boot is roughly 2180mm so minimum height would need to be 2200 if you were looking to open it fully, you can adjust the height of the boot via settings.

How to get to power tailgate settings:
  1. Settings
  2. Vehicle settings
  3. Door
  4. Power tailgate height
I have included photos of the menu and there is the function of user defined so you can set it to exactly the height you require.

I wish I had some pull with main corporate but unfortunately not, I understand your desire for the colour we wish we also had the colour as it's not available in the UK either. It's almost worth getting the car wrapped just to get the colour aha! Sorry about that.
Great info. Niall, thanks! By my conversion that's just about 87 inches for those of us on this side of the pond. I wonder though if that measurement includes the additional height of the spoiler / light bar on the top of the boot which would be taller than the boot bottom edge. (if that makes sense?) Also, out of curiosity and jealously which countries will be getting the Deep Forest Green?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great info. Niall, thanks! By my conversion that's just about 87 inches for those of us on this side of the pond. I wonder though if that measurement includes the additional height of the spoiler / light bar on the top of the boot which would be taller than the boot bottom edge. (if that makes sense?) Also, out of curiosity and jealously which countries will be getting the Deep Forest Green?
Hi that is to the light bar on the boot as that was the highest part with the boot fully open :) I don't have a list of countries that get the deep forest green however I know Spain does as well as Germany so would assume most of Europe gets it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello Niall, I looked in the manual for guidance on use of voice commands, i.e. range of functions and any special terminology...... but nothing found. Can you comment and/or point to relevant literature. I have a test drive on Mon and I'm keen to test the system. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,

So as a KIA Genius my role is to inform anyone about all KIA vehicles answering queries and doing the best I can to make you more comfortable and feel more informed!

So please feel free to ask me anything big or small and I will do my very best to help you!

Niall

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,

Niall

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Niall, I looked in the manual for guidance on use of voice commands, i.e. range of functions and any special terminology...... but nothing found. Can you comment and/or point to relevant literature. I have a test drive on Mon and I'm keen to test the system. Thanks
Hi Amo,
Sorry for late response have been on holiday from work. Owner's Manual
Is what I have found for relevant information on everything Kia in the cars.
This is what I have found specifically for EV6 has everything to help you hopefully:))

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all,

Niall
Hi Niall,

my name is Luismi, I'm a happy owner of a RWD Long Range EV6 Air.
I have the car since a couple of weeks and I've been enjoying it. But soon after start driving the car I noticed there were no warm air coming from the heating system. Actually it starts blowing hot air and after driving 30 minutes or touching any parameter from the climate console it stops heating. To get heat again I need to stop the car, switch it off and back on again.

As I read in this forum I'm not the only one affected.

And there's more issues involving the heating and pre-heating from the car and also from the app.

Someone in this forum posted a polish review of the EV6 in which the author says it talked to Kia about this and they said they were aware of this and actually they have a fix.

The thing is that we, owners of the EV6 with this problem don't get any info on this regard.

Do you have any info on this, as a Kia representative?

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Niall,

my name is Luismi, I'm a happy owner of a RWD Long Range EV6 Air.
I have the car since a couple of weeks and I've been enjoying it. But soon after start driving the car I noticed there were no warm air coming from the heating system. Actually it starts blowing hot air and after driving 30 minutes or touching any parameter from the climate console it stops heating. To get heat again I need to stop the car, switch it off and back on again.

As I read in this forum I'm not the only one affected.

And there's more issues involving the heating and pre-heating from the car and also from the app.

Someone in this forum posted a polish review of the EV6 in which the author says it talked to Kia about this and they said they were aware of this and actually they have a fix.

The thing is that we, owners of the EV6 with this problem don't get any info on this regard.

Do you have any info on this, as a Kia representative?

Thanks very much!
Hi Glezster

Unfortunately we as a dealer have no knowledge of any issues surrounding the heating while driving at least nothing experienced by us.

We are aware of some hitches within the app regarding remote heating and we are waiting for any information from Kia about this.

In regards to a fix we haven't been told about anything and this could be an over the air update for the car which could be automatic. It may be worth your time to take it back to the dealer and see if they can diagnose anything in particular with the car causing this heating issue.

I will update you all on any bulletins about heating and the app in regards to a fix or update.

Sorry I'm not much help!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Glezster

Unfortunately we as a dealer have no knowledge of any issues surrounding the heating while driving at least nothing experienced by us.

We are aware of some hitches within the app regarding remote heating and we are waiting for any information from Kia about this.

In regards to a fix we haven't been told about anything and this could be an over the air update for the car which could be automatic. It may be worth your time to take it back to the dealer and see if they can diagnose anything in particular with the car causing this heating issue.

I will update you all on any bulletins about heating and the app in regards to a fix or update.

Sorry I'm not much help!
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts