Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Steel Gray 1st edition today 0756/1500.

Didnt’ pre-order, I guess whoever ordered canceled. Was sitting on the lot in Beaverton OR.

Had to pay $3500 over MSRP, better than what some other dealers are asking around here. Also didn’t get a free gift.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just bought a Steel Gray 1st edition today 0756/1500.

Didnt’ pre-order, I guess whoever ordered canceled. Was sitting on the lot in Beaverton OR.

Had to pay $3500 over MSRP, better than what some other dealers are asking around here. Also didn’t get a free gift.

View attachment 2589
Just curious, did you pay for any add-on stuff like protection package, LoJack etc, or was that $3500 a Market adjustment?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just curious, did you pay for any add-on stuff like protection package, LoJack etc, or was that $3500 a Market adjustment?
It was a market adjustment. They were asking $5k but I was able to talk them down a bit.

Looks like they typically also charge a $1295 Pro Package but not on this car because of the Matte finish.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Congrats on the car! It's a beauty. I got to see a grey matte EV6 first had and was lovely.

Can I ask about MSRP... it has always baffled me what it is. In the UK we pay a deposit and then finance the rest, that's it, with MSRP do you still pay a deposit, then MSRP, then finance?. I suppose I can Google it :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats on the car! It's a beauty. I got to see a grey matte EV6 first had and was lovely.

Can I ask about MSRP... it has always baffled me what it is. In the UK we pay a deposit and then finance the rest, that's it, with MSRP do you still pay a deposit, then MSRP, then finance?. I suppose I can Google it :)
MSRP is just Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price a.k.a. "List Price". The actual transaction price is negotiable, up (nowadays) or down ("the good ole days").

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ahh ok, so dealers make up their own MSRP prices, EV6 seems fixed in price here in the UK, I went to 4/5 dealers, EV6 GT Line RWD was the same price everywhere, finance was different though APR% wise, second hand may be inflated slightly as demand outstrips production.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ahh ok, so dealers make up their own MSRP prices, EV6 seems fixed in price here in the UK, I went to 4/5 dealers, EV6 GT Line RWD was the same price everywhere, finance was different though APR% wise, second hand may be inflated slightly as demand outstrips production.
NO! Dealers don't set MSRP, that's what the manufacturer/distributor does. Each car/trim line/option package has a nationally advertised MSRP, but it's just that, "a suggestion". Mfrs cannot obligate franchised dealerships to sell for any specific price. What dealers do is either agree to sell a car for a price at/below MSRP (after negotiation), or they attempt to sell for MORE than MSRP, which many have been able to do in these times of scarcity - especially with "hot" new models. Markups are always technically "negotiable" but if a dealership is certain it can sell a given car to someone else for their asking price, they won't budge on the markup.

This is from the Kia USA website:

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
25 Posts
NO! Dealers don't set MSRP, that's what the manufacturer/distributor does. Each car/trim line/option package has a nationally advertised MSRP, but it's just that, "a suggestion". Mfrs cannot obligate franchised dealerships to sell for any specific price. What dealers do is either agree to sell a car for a price at/below MSRP (after negotiation), or they attempt to sell for MORE than MSRP, which many have been able to do in these times of scarcity - especially with "hot" new models. Markups are always technically "negotiable" but if a dealership is certain it can sell a given car to someone else for their asking price, they won't budge on the markup.

This is from the Kia USA website:

View attachment 2679
I got my dealer to send me an email stating they will sell me the car at MSRP without markup. Only doc + destination/prep cost

I also saw other people who had agreed to a markup, not sure why.

To protect your cost, ask your dealer for it in writing. If they refuse, go to another Kia Dealership place a pre-order for the EV6 under a different name, at this point make sure the dealer agrees to MSRP and provides it writing.

When the first car comes and they refuse to sell at MSRP, tell them to go fk themselves and reject delivery, then wait for the second car to arrive that you have in writing.

If Dealerships want to be difficult and try to screw their customers over, it's only fair we play by their rules and make multiple pre orders.

If Kia wants to avoid falsely inflation of their numbers, they should step in and ensure their dealerships don't markup the price on pre orders. They already receive a 2.5% holdback from manufacturers, markup is just pure greed

Markups should only be applied to cars that were sitting in the lot. Not on pre orders

1 - 11 of 11 Posts