Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

So here is my story. Ordered a model 3 long range from Tesla for about 53k, eta May11-June8. They offered about 24k for my Kia K5 which I thought was great. Went into the Kia dealership to see how much they would straight out buy my car for and they informed me they have a EV6 Gravity Blue WIND RWD they will be getting next week on 2/10. I thought sweet...definitely interested after all, I would only be out the 250 deposit on the Model 3 if I cancel the order. He gave me a copy of the window sticker and the suggested MRSP says $48,445. I figured yeah right, there will be a slight markup. I asked him for the dealer price and he said 58k and if I was to get it, he would offer me more for my car, about 28k. Could never get a price for my car if I was NOT to buy the EV6 though, they kept beating around that bush. I told him I would have to wait until it comes in and drive it to make a decision. I really would rather have the EV6 because its something new and different but dang...that markup. What to do!!?? Oh yea forgot to mention I'm impatient when it comes to new technology and hate waiting lol. Open to suggestions!!!

Font Material property Paper Publication Document

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
10K markup, I am in the wrong job.

Did they ask for your wallet also as this is robbery.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Place an order they same dealer and then see if they will honor the reservation prices as no mark up lol and since they see you have an order in system they may let you get it with no markup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone!

So here is my story. Ordered a model 3 long range from Tesla for about 53k, eta May11-June8. They offered about 24k for my Kia K5 which I thought was great. Went into the Kia dealership to see how much they would straight out buy my car for and they informed me they have a EV6 Gravity Blue WIND RWD they will be getting next week on 2/10. I thought sweet...definitely interested after all, I would only be out the 250 deposit on the Model 3 if I cancel the order. He gave me a copy of the window sticker and the suggested MRSP says $48,445. I figured yeah right, there will be a slight markup. I asked him for the dealer price and he said 58k and if I was to get it, he would offer me more for my car, about 28k. Could never get a price for my car if I was NOT to buy the EV6 though, they kept beating around that bush. I told him I would have to wait until it comes in and drive it to make a decision. I really would rather have the EV6 because its something new and different but dang...that markup. What to do!!?? Oh yea forgot to mention I'm impatient when it comes to new technology and hate waiting lol. Open to suggestions!!!

View attachment 1903
Also from Arkansas. I called Hyundai in Springfield and they charge 2k for mark ups. Im gonna call Dallas and see more options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts