Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KIA EV6 AWD WIND
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a KIA EV6 AWD WIND edition that was initially a glacier white but vinyl wrapped it in a Blue Chrome with Rose Gold vinyl trim, with Carbon Fiber vinyl wrapped both on the outside and interior matching custom made Rose Gold Ferada FR2 staggered 20x8.5/20x10 in a candy blue rims set with Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires 235/50 R20s(front) and 2 255/50 R20s(rear).

Although I have seen a HUGE difference in performance/speed/handling from Ferada FR2s lighter weight vs. the stock 19” tires provided, I’ve seen a slight drop off in kW per mile. However, staggered tires on the EV6 does eliminate the heavy fish-tailing performance experienced when driving at Hwy speeds in heavy down pour rain and in standing water that’s more than 1/8-1/2” inch deep. In my honest opinion, the EV6 should be required to come with 20” rims as tested and should have the option to give drivers a staggered option without compromising safety/performance.
If this is to be considered an SUV CROSSOVER, then perhaps I would recommend an extra inch or 2 in the rear to allow the hitch to clear and avoid problems with skidding on high dips.

In addition, I just installed the Rydeen Tombo 360 Rearview MIRROR/Video Streaming w/HDCamera with Parking Monitor Features, which has a 360 degree camera on the front and an additional rear view camera placed underneath the hatchback spoiler. I highly recommend this new camera system, which is far superior from the grainy factory version that KIA provided. Unfortunately, when I ordered my KIA I forgot to ask for it with the Tech package, especially since I specialize in technology and cybersecurity and with having paid $59K, you should get the full technology and 20” rims automatically. After driving this BLUE MONSTER 10,000+ miles I can honestly say I am not sick of driving it. Inspiring me to learn more about how much of the electrical system is wired, the mechanics and software involved is quite rigorous. Unfortunately, not all the components of the car are explained in detail in the manual, but understanding how all the parts come off and are put back together is key to learning more than what your local dealer does about these new line of EV’s.
For example, I got my first automatic over-the-air update from KIA connect for updating the infotainment system/ maps/ charging locations/ SXM radio that didn’t require dealership supported services. When I pressed and held down the START BUTTON, I got a pop up screen asking me if I want to update infotainment system which will render the car immobile for about 20-30minutes depending on signal location.
I have also installed a 1 1/4” hitch so I can go bicycling in the mountains again, but got a 2” hitch adapter so I can keep bike rack away from touching car if I hit a pothole. However, I’m upset that KIA did not have mud flaps as an immediate option for this vehicle. In the past 5 months I have had 5 rock chip repairs on this car. Yet, no enforcement for mud flaps on SUVs/TRUCKS in Colorado makes carrying a $1500 policy coverage on windshield replacement/repair an absolute necessity!!
Many who moved from Texas (with plates) don’t have mud flaps. LoL 🧐

I have much work to still do like getting an alarm system compatible for this electrical system and enhancing the audio system with a bit more boom. I also plan on installing its own 5G Multi-WIFi antenna system and receiver/booster with 4G LTE FAIL-safe backup for my Cybersecurity needs on the go.
Wheel Car Tire Cloud Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Bicycle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
186 Posts
Strange that you see a deduction in kmh.

I've had a staggered set up of 20x8.5 - 9.5. Since April. And I have loss no range, and have in fact gained range and kmh.
My FE constantly gets 3.8 to 4.5 kmh mixed and 3.5 kmh highway cruising at 68-72 mph.
But I can agree that my ride , handling and road comfort is better with my new setup.
Also, I'm using my stock Conti
255 45 20"

·
Registered
187 Posts
However, staggered tires on the EV6 does eliminate the heavy fish-tailing performance experienced when driving at Hwy speeds in heavy down pour rain and in standing water that’s more than 1/8-1/2” inch deep.
Now you have me worried about my RWD model that is arriving soon. I don't think anyone else has mentioned this fishtailing, apart from one who did say they were foot to the floor coming off a bend.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,373 Posts
Welcome to the forum, certainly a eye opener of a car wrap.

·
Registered
22 EV6, Wind AWD/Tech Gray/Gray
145 Posts
In addition, I just installed the Rydeen Tombo 360 Rearview MIRROR/Video Streaming w/HDCamera with Parking Monitor Features, which has a 360 degree camera on the front and an additional rear view camera placed underneath the hatchback spoiler. I highly recommend this new camera system, which is far superior from the grainy factory version that KIA provided.
Do you have any details regarding the Tombo 360? Images of the camera, the wiring (is it noticeable). I assume the 'lowered' camera doesn't have interference with the existing plastic housing around the rearview mirror. The rear camera photos? (can't see from the pictures) is it external? Do you have it wired into a cigarette lighter (like manual states) or fuse?

How do you find the rear camera display at night? Glare, etc?

FYI-it says 4k, but the specs show 1920x1920 at 27.5 fps how's the video appear?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
All hail the new king of the Auto Zone parking lot... Good for you if you're happy but this shit looks like taking a big ass cut of prime rib and dumping some generic ketchup on it.

·
Registered
2022 KIA EV6 AWD WIND
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strange that you see a deduction in kmh.

I've had a staggered set up of 20x8.5 - 9.5. Since April. And I have loss no range, and have in fact gained range and kmh.
My FE constantly gets 3.8 to 4.5 kmh mixed and 3.5 kmh highway cruising at 68-72 mph.
But I can agree that my ride , handling and road comfort is better with my new setup.
Also, I'm using my stock Conti
255 45 20"
Honestly, I don’t think the new tires/rims are the cause in slight kmh difference. I honestly think the reduction may have been the cause of the new software update.

I was averaging 235-245miles in range prior to the first update, thereafter I noticed a significant drop to 220-205 range after the first EV6 update in March/April.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Honestly, I don’t think the new tires/rims are the cause in slight kmh difference. I honestly think the reduction may have been the cause of the new software update.

I was averaging 235-245miles in range prior to the first update, thereafter I noticed a significant drop to 220-205 range after the first EV6 update in March/April.
Actually your tires and wheels are the source of your loss without question if you are running those knobby-ish tires on those open wheels you are paying for it in efficiency.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the blue quite a bit!

I did read on few forums that wheel/tire selection makes a difference in range. Can't remember if it was the MME, but going from 18" to 19" wheel reduced the range.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
261 Posts
"also plan on installing its own 5G Multi-WIFi antenna system and receiver/booster with 4G LTE FAIL-safe backup "
Can you explain this more? Is this in place of the on car hot spot? I am also curious, about how much was the wrap? I do like the blue color 😀.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts