Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KIA EV6 AWD WIND
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
What are the wheel specs? The 20x10s in the rear seem to fit nice. No rubbing?

Yes, the 20x10s Ferrada FR2 rims in the rear have 255/50s Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires as previously noted in my initial POST. The fronts have 20x8.5 rims in the front with 235/45 Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires. No rubbing whatsoever has occurred.

However, I actually believe the rear suspension is actually too low after installing the 1 1/4” trailer hitch because hitting a deep pothole literally threw my bike off the bike rack when the kua tracks NV 2.0 failed to hold my E-Bike while going about 30-35 miles. Come to find out that the Ebike rated bike rack used a hard plastic candy-Cain design and literally broke off and caused a serious dent to the back of my trunk. I was truly pissed after only having for a week.

I think it is ridiculous that KIA doesn’t even provide a 2” inch hitch as an option to purchase either. I had to get a 2” inch hitch extension to allow for the majority of most hauling in the states for ideal hauling needs, considering it extends the length of the hitch to the back of your bumper, is indeed necessary to avoid any situation in damages going forward.

Just FYI, Colorado has such badly paved roads that it is ideal to drive slowly and more conservative when it comes to using it for hauling bicycles up to the mountain trails, etc.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Package
126 Posts
Yes, the 20x10s Ferrada FR2 rims in the rear have 255/50s Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires as previously noted in my initial POST. The fronts have 20x8.5 rims in the front with 235/45 Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires. No rubbing whatsoever has occurred.

However, I actually believe the rear suspension is actually too low after installing the 1 1/4” trailer hitch because hitting a deep pothole literally threw my bike off the bike rack when the kua tracks NV 2.0 failed to hold my E-Bike while going about 30-35 miles. Come to find out that the Ebike rated bike rack used a hard plastic candy-Cain design and literally broke off and caused a serious dent to the back of my trunk. I was truly pissed after only having for a week.

I think it is ridiculous that KIA doesn’t even provide a 2” inch hitch as an option to purchase either. I had to get a 2” inch hitch extension to allow for the majority of most hauling in the states for ideal hauling needs, considering it extends the length of the hitch to the back of your bumper, is indeed necessary to avoid any situation in damages going forward.

Just FYI, Colorado has such badly paved roads that it is ideal to drive slowly and more conservative when it comes to using it for hauling bicycles up to the mountain trails, etc.
What's the offset on the wheels?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts