1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 G-Line RWD Yacht Blue
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line (Urban Yellow, 1st Ed, 881/1000)
122 Posts
I love my Toyota RAV4 Prime. It's sad to see Toyota stumble out of the gate with their first EV like that. The reviews of the bz4x haven't been that great either.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD with Tech Package (Runway Red)
30 Posts
I was a very serious Solterra buyer until the details about the car came out. Bought my EV6 last week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love my Toyota RAV4 Prime. It's sad to see Toyota stumble out of the gate with their first EV like that. The reviews of the bz4x haven't been that great either.
Yeah, Toyota sat on top for so long with their reliability and hybrids that they didn't want to innovate and move to a new technology where the playing field would become even again. The resistance to making the transition means they now find themselves far behind other manufacturers. They're not the only Japanese automaker in that boat though, they're all currently posed for a fall from grace. Hyundai and Kia on the other hand have never looked better.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD Tech package
76 Posts
more demand for EV6 with these botched rollouts from other mainstream manufacturers. I don't see the KIA EV6 price depreciating much anytime soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Toyota really seemed to lean into their Fuel Cell car line instead of Battery Electric. I don't see that paying off. Though the reviews of their Fuel Cell cars are high, Fuel Cell technology seems much better suited for large cargo trucks than personal passenger vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,373 Posts
Its a tough one, on one side they are saying they can not give a date to sort the issue so your supposed to drive around in a car you did not want and is why you did not buy that car while they try to sort out the issue if they can and then on the other side they are saying here take your money back and be left without a car.

If cars would not an issue to buy then I am sure many would take the money and go else where but were not in that situation.

Its a crap call whichever way you go.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind AWD/Tech Package/Pearl White
23 Posts
Pretty sad as my first two vehicles were Toyota's. A ‘96 Corolla and an 07 tC. Was honestly considering this car before I saw the specs were kind of underwhelming, but this is worse!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Sad to see Toyota in this state. They had the lead and could’ve pushed out something desirable (especially Akio’s desire to make Toyotas “fun to drive again”). But the boss’s head is more in combustion engines (gasoline or hydrogen) than BEVs.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,373 Posts
wait, people have already gotten bz4x's on the road?
Yes and they should now be off the road for there safety and other road users. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ga9213
1 - 11 of 11 Posts