Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having an issue programming homelink?
Was trying to program it on my FE EV6 GT Line AWD with no luck.
Am able to easily program it on my Carnival (same process as in the EV6 manual) and Honda Accord, but after many tries including reseting my garage door opener (having to reprogram the other cars and the keypad) and erasing the buttons on my EV6 Homelink and trying again - no luck - that thing will not program.
My garage door opener has rolling codes and I am following the instruction for rolling codes programing.
Any ideas on how to resolve it or what I might be doing wrong?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had some issue initially. I have both a gate opener, and garage door opener. The gate opener programmed fine, but the garage did not, and I couldn't even get it to delete out, following the instructions repeatedly. I ended up having to do a complete reset (clearing the entire thing, rather than just one button), and it seemed fine after that. The gate does seem like it sometimes sends double codes... it sometimes moves a small amout and stops, but not a big enough issue to mess with re-programming.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally resolved. Having rolling codes I skipped the part of trying to program it with the remote knowing it would fail ( as I did with the Carnival). However, homelink customer support had me do it before using the learn button on my garage opener and it worked.
FYI - homelink website doesn’t have EV6 on their website yet as a supported car, but had no problem getting phone support

1 - 3 of 3 Posts