Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example, let’s say I am the driver and my wife is in the backseat with my 6 month old daughter, how can I leave them locked in the car with the AC running and the car on?

Right now the only way is if my wife reaches over from the back and hits the lock button after I’ve left. There has to be a better way? The car can’t be this stupid in this regard?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd suggest using the utility mode for that purpose (same as the camping mode in Tesla). Independent of the car's status (utility mode / car fully on), it's a bit inconvenient procedure to have the doors locked while you are outside of a running car:

1) open drive side window
2) get out of the car
3) lock the doors with the button on the door (trough the open window)
4) close the window and remove your arm

That's it. You'll need to use the manual key or Kia Connect to unlock the car. Then we can all hope that Kia makes a more convenient way to achieve this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd suggest using the utility mode for that purpose (same as the camping mode in Tesla). Independent of the car's status (utility mode / car fully on), it's a bit inconvenient procedure to have the doors locked while you are outside of a running car:

1) open drive side window
2) get out of the car
3) lock the doors with the button on the door (trough the open window)
4) close the window and remove your arm

That's it. You'll need to use the manual key or Kia Connect to unlock the car. Then we can all hope that Kia makes a more convenient way to achieve this.
I do this now and it works quite well! Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was unfortunately able to lock my keys in the car while it was not running! spent 45 mins looking for them. finally got the Access on my phone to send the message to unlock the car and saw them sitting between two things in my seat.

I didn't think that was supposed to be possible. manual says it isnt...be aware!! rep at Kia was fantastic morale support while we worked through several options.

·
Registered
KIA EV6 AWD Wind w/Tech Package
128 Posts
i was unfortunately able to lock my keys in the car while it was not running! spent 45 mins looking for them. finally got the Access on my phone to send the message to unlock the car and saw them sitting between two things in my seat.

I didn't think that was supposed to be possible. manual says it isnt...be aware!! rep at Kia was fantastic morale support while we worked through several options.
I think the key falls asleep (or something) after it’s day dormant for a period of time. It’s so car thieves can’t steal your car by amplifying the signal from the fob. Not sure if that was the cause in your case or if they have anything setup to prevent that while the fob is in the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts

I lost my key in the car once. It ended up way in the back under the back seats. I couldnt lock the car unless i used the phone ap. I have noticed recently that after the dealer updates sometimes the car will light up, pop open the mirrors and know I'm around it but will not unlock the doors. Maybe it's just me but maybe something has changed to where the key detection isn't as sensitive anymore and it was possible for you to lock the keys in the car.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,373 Posts
Thread Cleaned, be careful with comments. ;)

Reactions: Ev6fan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts