Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
GT Line AWD should have got a heat pump
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea why the front sensors only stay on for a short time, even when pressing and holding the button? Really annoying as every time I’m in a dodgy situation, I have to look down to press it back on. Dealer hasn’t got back to me after he couldn’t figure it out himself..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Front sensors? Do you mean parking sensors? They are always on, but you can momentarily deactivate them by pressing the P-button. If they deactivate and you haven’t pressed the P-button it means that they are defective.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - I’ve booked it into KIA for them to have a look, just wanted to check on here if anyone had solved the same issue. My back ones are always on at least. I also think the rear camera is misaligned as every time I park it’s off to the side which never happened with my Toyota! I’ve never managed to get the remote climate control working so they are looking at that. The app says it’s set and has 10 minutes left etc but I get into the car and nothing has happened. And finally, the door handles are awkward and embarrassing. They should either stick out and work easily mechanically or be flush and automatic. In my opinion they are not fit for purpose.
On the plus side, the car is super fast, economical and great on the motorway. Also like the matte grey, which hasn’t caused me any bother so far. I ask the hand car washes to use a decent shampoo and no wax or shiny stuff and it still looks fine! I enquired about ceramic coating, but it takes 2 days so I can’t justify it atm with my schedule.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Letting you dealer look at the issues was the right thing to do. I haven’t heard about the misaligned camera and the faulty parking sensors before - but they are very straightforward issues that Kia should be able to fix for you.

I may be wrong but you seem quite frustrated, and I can certainly understand why, so right now this may not be the right time for you to read about the other two problems.

I think you should relax right now and wait to hear what Kia has to say. But when you are ready there’s more info below.

The preheat issue is a known and recognized problem, and there’s a thread about it here. There’s not a complete fix for it yet, but I am sure there will be soon.

About the door handles try reading this thread.

Good luck with everything (y).

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line (AWD) White
110 Posts
No idea why the front sensors only stay on for a short time, even when pressing and holding the button? Really annoying as every time I’m in a dodgy situation, I have to look down to press it back on. Dealer hasn’t got back to me after he couldn’t figure it out himself..
KIA EV6 Online Manual in Eng
Check the settings and operation links in the manual... especially: Settings → Vehicle → 'Driver Assistance' → Parking safety → Parking Distance Warning Auto On

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KIA EV6 Online Manual in Eng
Check the settings and operation links in the manual... especially: Settings → Vehicle → 'Driver Assistance' → Parking safety → Parking Distance Warning Auto On
Thank you that worked for me. I still don’t have enough warnings for my liking. My Toyota c-hr had 360 degree sensors which was far safer. I preferred their parking camera as well. If KIA can’t sort the camera I’m going to ask Toyota to put theirs on my new car. I need to idiot-proof it lol

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
48 Posts
Carla the 360 deg cameras are only available on the GT Line S which is a large step up in price. No chance of retro fitting. The rear camera alignment should be fixable by Kia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts