Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I feel really stupid to ask this question...

If you want to end charging despite not having reached the set charging percent. How do you do? The charger connected to my car stays locked and I have to use Kia connect and choose end charging to release the charger. I have tried to switch from always locked to auto in the EV meny to no effect.

Help!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello!

I feel really stupid to ask this question...

If you want to end charging despite not having reached the set charging percent. How do you do? The charger connected to my car stays locked and I have to use Kia connect and choose end charging to release the charger. I have tried to switch from always locked to auto in the EV meny to no effect.

Help!
Not tried it myself but I believe that you press the bottom button inside the charging flap (below the one that closes the flap)

·
Registered
52 Posts
You have to unlock the car and then immediately unplug the charger.
When you first plug in the charger, the port will lock even though the car is unlocked. Unlock the port by clicking the unlock button on the driver door or on the key fob. Then remove the charger before it relocks.

Coming from a Tesla, I kept looking for the unlock button somewhere on the car screen. Eventually, I was able to unlock the port by changing the charging limit lower that the current state of charge.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The whole concept of just ripping out the charge plug without stopping the car sipping juice from it is bad. It does send the Leaf charger into error mode, which is understandable.

It should not unlock the charge plug until charging has been stopped, which can be done in the app and hopefully also the charge door button inside the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went into the settings and set it to never lock the connector and then just use the app to stop charging and pull it out. I mean what is the problem only takes a few seconds to use the app to stop it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Seems just a little silly that you have to use a phone to stop charging when you are right there at the car. I sure hope Kia adds a start and stop charging button on the EV page when the car is plugged in.

In my other EVs (Tesla and BMW i3), I just press the button on the plug to release the latch and listen for a mechanical disconnecting sound. Then I just pull out the plug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts