Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those tall people who test drove ev6, how do you find it? how was the head room?

I am 6'5 or 195cm tall.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am 6'0" and test drove a GTLine S with sunroof, if you like a high driving position you will be brushing against the sunroof, if you lower the seat it might be OK, I'm currently driving an Audi Q3 and found the EV6 was a lower seating set up. Car's without sunroof would be OK but then you lose the 'S' goodies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was a bit worried at first as well, but after trying it out on the EV6 presentation I was totally relieved and satisfied about the seating position and headroom.

I'm 198 cm (6'6) tall and don't use the most backward seating position by far. Still lots of room at my knees and have no problems with headroom at all (I've driven a 77kW RWD EV6 without sunroof for about 2000 km now). I feel the EV6 offers me way more space and a feeling of comfortable seating position than other (and even higher) SUV's I've owned, like the Nissan Qashqai which is 4cm taller.

Only thing is, I do have to stretch my arm a little bit to reach the center screen (nav., settings, etc.), but it doesn't bother me that much. The EV6 feels very spacious to me when sitting behind the wheel, even though I'm quite tall.

So I would say you don't have to worry about it. You'll feel very comfortable in it and have lots of settings to find your best seating position.

Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was one of my main concerns prior to test driving the ev6 GT line S (I wanted the sunroof the the other GT-line S extras.). I’m 6’3’’ and I had to adjust the set to almost the lowest height setting I was perfectly comfortable….I was also able to sit in the back with the drivers set in my driving position,…so nothing to worry about front or back….I’ve now ordered my EV6 Gt-line S AWD. Hopefully taking delivery late spring/early summer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took me a while to get comfy but my main issue was having long legs I found the steering wheel a bit too far away and slightly more angled than I prefer. I like to sit low but with some tweaking I did find a sweet spot. I did not have an issue with headroom really. Might have preferred a longer seat squab but impressed by seat shape overall. I am going to be swapping to the EV6 after 4 Volvos that have had just the best seats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 6' 7" and had a GT-Line S RWD for a 2 day loan weekend. Just about managed to get myself in comfortably with my hair just brushing the sunroof surround - seating position was ok but for me the relationship between the seat, wheel and displays was less than ideal. Not really enough adjustment in the wheel and a comfortable(ish) position for me left the top corners of the main display obscured. So not perfect and this along with a couple of other fundamental issues means I won't be buying one - or given the recent updates in other threads should more correctly say wont be adding my name to a likely 12 month waiting list!

But we're all different so what doesn't work for me may well do for others. Strong recommendation to try for more than a 20 min test drive before placing an order - especially if you're tall!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 6' 7" and had a GT-Line S RWD for a 2 day loan weekend. Just about managed to get myself in comfortably with my hair just brushing the sunroof surround - seating position was ok but for me the relationship between the seat, wheel and displays was less than ideal. Not really enough adjustment in the wheel and a comfortable(ish) position for me left the top corners of the main display obscured. So not perfect and this along with a couple of other fundamental issues means I won't be buying one - or given the recent updates in other threads should more correctly say wont be adding my name to a likely 12 month waiting list!

But we're all different so what doesn't work for me may well do for others. Strong recommendation to try for more than a 20 min test drive before placing an order - especially if you're tall!
how was the seat, does it fit?? I test drove the ioniq 5 and the seat doesn't fit me properly. it is too narrow for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
how was the seat, does it fit?? I test drove the ioniq 5 and the seat doesn't fit me properly. it is too narrow for me.
The seat was ok - certainly way better than the unsupportive thing in the Ioniq5, back ache after 20 mins wasn't great! The EV6 seat was by no means perfect, a bit short in the squab, but liveable with for me

I say again tho, we're all different and when you're at the edge of what's comfortable, try it for yourself first

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took me a while to get comfy but my main issue was having long legs I found the steering wheel a bit too far away and slightly more angled than I prefer. I like to sit low but with some tweaking I did find a sweet spot. I did not have an issue with headroom really. Might have preferred a longer seat squab but impressed by seat shape overall. I am going to be swapping to the EV6 after 4 Volvos that have had just the best seats.
Glad I found this thread. Thanks for this. Mind me asking how tall you are? I am 6'4" but I have longer legs and rather normal torso. I like to sit higher, but also often find steering wheels don't come out far enough to accommodate my having to push the seat back to accommodate my long legs. I am not willing to sacrifice comfort at my age.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts