Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been honored to own the EV6 GT Line Steel Matte Grey since May 2022. It was 6 months before I saw someone else driving the same version and that was 250 miles away (near San Antonio) while charging during a road trip. Since then, I have not seen any others and it's really surprising. I've seen other colors and models however not this one. And it's not just limited to my hometown (Houston, Tx). I saw other colors in Santa Clara, California, and even a yellow one in Columbus, Ohio. Does anyone have or know how to find the sales data by model and color?
Sitting at 10,400 miles... probably put another 20K miles on it this year.

· Registered
135 Posts
Best looking color but nobody buys them because of the perceived extra care effort and risk of damage repair needs.

At least that was my decision process.
Unfortunately the extra effort is not perceived. I have an FE in Matte gray (4300 miles) Hand wash only and the shape of the car seems like a magnet for rock chips. I didn’t get full frontal PPF for a few weeks but wouldn’t have matte paint without ppf. But it does look good!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

· Registered
57 Posts
Best looking color but nobody buys them because of the perceived extra care effort and risk of damage repair needs.

At least that was my decision process.
@d_b I agree with you on the problems with matte paint. This was a FE and I did not like the other choices for colors that they had especially the yellow, nothing against it since it is unique, but too bright my taste. I do agree if you have matte you should get PPF on the front part of the car, it has made a big difference and when it rains it helps the water bead up and roll off.

· Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD in Aurora Black Pearl and EV6 Wind AWD with Tech Package in Runway Red
84 Posts
There's one on the lot at Jeff Wyler Kia in Fairfield, Ohio -- where I bought my two EV6s.

They added a black out package (not sure what that is) -- that's the +$6K.

· Registered
57 Posts
There's one on the lot at Jeff Wyler Kia in Fairfield, Ohio -- where I bought my two EV6s.

They added a black out package (not sure what that is) -- that's the +$6K.
I love a place that puts an advertised car up without any pictures. Also what is the EV6 SUV? When you find out what the black out package let me know.

· Registered
127 Posts
It is not that big of a hassle to wash it with hand unless you want to keep your car without dirt at all times and have subscribed to unlimited wash for your other cars.

As for the chips and scratches, only the first one will hurt you for some time. After that neither you nor anyone else will notice additional scratches. It is a car and the color is not that easy to chip. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately the extra effort is not perceived. I have an FE in Matte gray (4300 miles) Hand wash only and the shape of the car seems like a magnet for rock chips. I didn’t get full frontal PPF for a few weeks but wouldn’t have matte paint without ppf. But it does look good! View attachment 11487
Yes, PPF is a must! I got 3/4 of the car done 90 days out from the purchase date.... really helps with the peace of mind.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

· Registered
8 Posts
2023 Matte Steel here, North Alabama, with 1000 miles. Come Monday will turn it over to auto detailer to get the front wrapped and the balance in Ceramic. I am fortunate enough to park in garage so car does not stay out in the weather.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts