Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Its meant to be a restriction on Android Auto app itself not the car.

Does anyone have Android Auto widescreen on another vehicle?
Actually, AA can do widescreen now and there are folks out there using it. The restriction is within the EV6 unit telling AA that widescreen dpi is available. So what we need is a software update to do just that. My understanding is the EV6 head unit tells Apply Carplay that the full screen is available.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, AA can do widescreen now and there are folks out there using it. The restriction is within the EV6 unit telling AA that widescreen dpi is available. So what we need is a software update to do just that. My understanding is the EV6 head unit tells Apply Carplay that the full screen is available.
OK well Kia are telling me its the App not the car.

Guess were have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will try later thanks, didn't have option when I got the car. So let's see.

And it's 100% the cars responsibility to have wide-screen set to true so AA knows. This is the problem on all Kia and Hyundai that I have used. And very frustrating. That it's so easy for them to change

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep, reckon there is a bit of trickery going on here.

Maybe using something like a UX-999 carplay android box to enable full screen and allow full android apps.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, reckon there is a bit of trickery going on here.

Maybe using something like a UX-999 carplay android box to enable full screen and allow full android apps.
Would be good to know for sure as it may allow others to do the same.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You need a rooted phone and special APK to use Netflix in AA.
Ah, ok, wasn't even thinking about rooting in that, but yeah. I recall that being something a rooted phone could do. You're right. I'm certainly interested to see an update roll out that enables that. Hoping to see something from you guys over the pond on that soon if this is the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts