Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done? This is needed for leaving the car on ferries so the alarm doesn't keep going off when the sea rolls the ship, also useful if the car has to go on the back of a breakdown truck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Usually, this is two clicks of the key fob within 2 seconds, it is on Audi and Ford fobs anyway, or so I have experienced, press once to lock normally, press lock again to disable alarm inside. Maybe same on EV6, not seen anything about it yet. I will also need this feature when I finally get the EV6.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Usually, this is two clicks of the key fob within 2 seconds, it is on Audi and Ford fobs anyway, or so I have experienced, press once to lock normally, press lock again to disable alarm inside. Maybe same on EV6, not seen anything about it yet. I will also need this feature when I finally get the EV6.
I have a SAAB 9-5 and two clicks double locks the car, preventing opening doors from the inside. You unintuitively have to press the Night Panel button before arming from the fob to keep perimeter protection but disable the tilt sensor and interior detector. I think locking it with the mechanical key does the same, obviously not an option with these new spaceships. There must be something at least to let you leave a dog in the car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just had a look at the online manual, nothing about disabling the alarm easily, with key for example. LOTS about keys, locks, rain unlocking the car… and more. Bed time read for sure.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Just had a look at the online manual, nothing about disabling the alarm easily, with key for example. LOTS about keys, locks, rain unlocking the car… and more. Bed time read for sure.
Do you have a link to a manual you can download as i can only see the manual online?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Can it be done? This is needed for leaving the car on ferries so the alarm doesn't keep going off when the sea rolls the ship, also useful if the car has to go on the back of a breakdown truck.
Settings/Vehicle/Convenience stop Advanced Alarm. Has to be done every time you want to use as it resets itself when the car is switched on.

KIA EV6 Online Manual in Eng

·
Registered
53 Posts
As there are three different programmable buttons in the system (two on the steering wheel) it would be useful if one of these could be set to do this as us dog owners are going to get pretty bored with the menu option. Anyone know if there is any way of requesting features with Kia? All my cars over the last 12 years have had a button on the ceiling to disable sensors prior to leaving car so odd it isn’t there.

·
Registered
294 Posts
As there are three different programmable buttons in the system (two on the steering wheel) it would be useful if one of these could be set to do this as us dog owners are going to get pretty bored with the menu option. Anyone know if there is any way of requesting features with Kia? All my cars over the last 12 years have had a button on the ceiling to disable sensors prior to leaving car so odd it isn’t there.
Is it possible to set one of the programmable buttons to turn off the Advanced Alarm? Or is that what you are asking for?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hence my question as to how to raise it as a query/suggestion with Kia. If the buttons can point at certain features in theory they can point at others - they need to add it to the list. I have now emailed the main customer care department in Kia asking them to consider adding it as an option in the 'button programming'. I would suggest others who would like to see this do likewise. Any dog owners for example.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had the issue with the alarm triggering when I leave the dog in the boot, I don't have the option to disable intrusion protection, so I assume that option isn't on my car, but looking at the manual, I think it's the rear occupant alert that is triggering the alarm. Based on the manual, it should just be a matter of pressing the OK button to disable it after turning the car off; KIA EV6 Online Manual in Eng

·
Registered
19 Posts
If Kia want to improve how their new EVs are accepted they really should have an easy to feedback suggestions area. This is a very good idea and I've seen a few others pop up on this forum. Having to dive into the menu for this isn't acceptable. On its own it's not a big issue as I doubt it comes up much pre sale but that isn't a reason to not collect these ideas and do something about them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If Kia want to improve how their new EVs are accepted they really should have an easy to feedback suggestions area. This is a very good idea and I've seen a few others pop up on this forum. Having to dive into the menu for this isn't acceptable. On its own it's not a big issue as I doubt it comes up much pre sale but that isn't a reason to not collect these ideas and do something about them.
Really agree with you. Unfortunately it's like the iphone, you learn more from youtube !

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S AWD with Heat Pump
7 Posts
Hence my question as to how to raise it as a query/suggestion with Kia. If the buttons can point at certain features in theory they can point at others - they need to add it to the list. I have now emailed the main customer care department in Kia asking them to consider adding it as an option in the 'button programming'. I would suggest others who would like to see this do likewise. Any dog owners for example.
Agreed. I will definitely email them. As I don't have my car yet (BOOO!) would you mind sharing the detail of the menu item that would need to be added? (I think it's "Settings/Vehicle/Convenience: Advanced Alarm off" - is that correct?) and, also, the email address? Thanks!

Actually, maybe just copy your entire email here?! Ta

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got my EV6 today, and the dealer mentioned something…. I was chatting about kids in the car, auto door locks, disabling rear windows, etc and she said… you can turn off the alarm if kids are in the car.. it only just dawned on me… we have this thread on this exact subject.. I should have really asked her how to do it. Certainly can’t see any easy way via a button. Would be great if they could make a button in Kia Connect to do just that. Instead of faffing in the menu.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts