Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tinting guy removed my front door panels to do a proper install. Only 1 screw holding the door panel. The rest are plastic clips. On the door grab handle inside, remove the rubber mat on the bottom. It just lifts up. The screw is under the mat. Once removed, run your fingers or pry tool thru the door panel to unsnap the plastic clips. You can see the holes where the green clips go in the pic attached. Thats it.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Engineering Auto part

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Great share, thank you!, nice to see those speakers units there on show..... wanting to drop some aftermarket ones in I have that fit, should "should" be a direct swap, just need to find the EV6 amp and verify watts on the standard EV6 sound system which in all fairness is really good with some tweaks of EQ on car and phone.. Much better removal than an Astra! 8 screws! 2 sizes! and a lot of plastic wrap covering the door internals weirdly. Which had to be broken and cannot be replaced easily. EV6 don't have this thankfully :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing.
If the plastic clip remains in the metal sheet of the door, then it is very likely that the door panel is damaged. Just check it.
Thanks for the heads up but its already put back, so too late to check. Guess I shld've thought about this when I took the pic!

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
That's a panel clip, if you buy a removal kit on places like Amazon or Ebay you should be able to get these out at the time of removing the panel without any damage.

If you tug on the panel when removing it could damage the part.

Something like this will cover everything.

·
Registered
490 Posts
This is exactly what I am saying: if this green clip remains in the door but not in the door panel, then it is highly likely that the panel is damaged now.
Highly, but not absolutely likely; hopefully the clip didn't stretch or otherwise damaged the area where that clip was attached to. OP should be able to easily tell if that specific corner of the panel was securely reattached by gently pulling on that corner of the panel and see if it easily separates from the door.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Andrei is correct. It was a clip stuck to the door. I tried pulling that corner of the panel and it feels secured. I've removed many door panels where the clip just slides onto a "clip holder" so it can be easily replaced. Hopefully this is one of those and just slid off while prying apart the panel. It feels attached for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts