Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to buy a new car since 2019. Have had my heart set on an EV6 since they were announced. To my demise, I'm cheap, indecisive, and very patient.

What I want:
  • Steel Gray AWD Wind
    • Wind Tech Package and auto-dimming RVM
    • Any other options are gravy
  • New, or "like new" with <10k miles
  • At or under MSRP

I'm in Central Florida, paying all cash.
I don't think any dealer wants my car as a trade in. ('09 Altima, 95k miles, runs fine but worst looking car you have ever seen) I'd be happy to trade it for $500+, which is probably what I would try to sell it for privately assuming no dealer wants it.

I recognize that negotiating deals on cars is pretty much a thing of the past now, but I cannot bring myself to pay over MSRP or hidden markups like mandatory care packages. I'd rather own nothing.

What are the top two or three strategies I should employ to get what I want? Or, is what I want simply not possible in current market conditions?

· Registered
7 Posts
You should contact dealers in your immediate area and dealers up to 250 miles from your area and and ask the following questions.

1. Are you selling at MSRP?
2. Are you including any add-ons to the MSRP?
3. If the answer on #1 is yes and number 2 is no add-ons, that is the dealer you want to buy from. Buying an EV6 at MSRP with no add-ons is a good deal in this environment. If the dealer adds t he add-ns then negotiate them away with leverage that you will pay cash. You should be successful in negotiating the Add-ons away.

I just purchased a 2023 Ioniq 5 and I contacted 5 dealers. The dealer I went with offered me no dealer add-ons and reduced the MSRP $2000 for my business.

· Registered
280 Posts
It was nuts last fall, but I think you are getting below MSRP now. The dealer near me (Renton, WA) literally had TWELVE of the EV6 on the corner of their lot last time I passed by (as opposed to them disappearing instantly when we bought last September)

· Registered
76 Posts
Don't tell them you're paying cash.

Verify the OTD price, before setting foot in the dealership.
If you're financing through KMF USA, you should be able to buyout the vehicle without penalty.

I would wait until KMFUSA offers "lease cash" (presumably this Spring) and buyout the lease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts