Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this video posted on the Joy of EV6 channel.

I've been having seemingly random issues with the HVAC - generally car refusing to stay warm with auto demist on, with auto demist off stays warm on auto climate but goes cold if front demist pressed.

Anyone else having issues and anyone spoken to dealer/had a fix applied? Will speak to mine.

Mark.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
We'll it appears there maybe some resolve to the issues, just need someone who has been having issues to get there car updated etc and let us all know if this resolved the issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It seems like a fake document.. It is on a white paper an behind is a paper with Kia logo on it.
Not sure if we can rely on it. Or it is from internal in KIA and person has copied the info and made sure it is not traceable to him/her

·
Registered
81 Posts
It seems like a fake document.. It is on a white paper an behind is a paper with Kia logo on it.
Not sure if we can rely on it. Or it is from internal in KIA and person has copied the info and made sure it is not traceable to him/her

“I got a call from dealer today about this. I'll take my EV6 to perform theuodate this Friday and will post here if it works out.

Have somebody got it done already?”

From another thread so seems legit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks like an internal memo/email, Highly doubt they would send all dealers actual letters about it, or branded emails, why would someone fake such a document anyway?. Let's keep our fingers crossed it is happening, will improve those charger times and give us UK folks some heat

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Looks like an internal memo/email, Highly doubt they would send all dealers actual letters about it, or branded emails, why would someone fake such a document anyway?. Let's keep our fingers crossed it is happening, will improve those charger times and give us UK folks some heat
It must be a letter to a single dealer or all dealers as it starts with "Dear Dealer".

Internal memos would not start with this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My UK dealer hadn't had the letter from KIA UK by 5 o'clock yesterday. I think that letter was for the Irish dealers. The dealer has got the car in the workshop at the moment and will do the fix as soon as it comes available to them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I found out that KCE21- refers to an internal Kia system bulletin for 2021, KCE20 for 2020 and so on so this code likely refers to some type of internal Kia knowledge article on a Kia system, that print out letter is maybe a direct printout from that system?.

Also while chatting to a Kia technician today, I found out we as owners can update EV6 navigation and head unit software ourselves using https://update.kia.com/EU/E, however, please use this will caution if you haven't done something like this before as I understand from ICE BMW & Audi USB updates in the past if it goes wrong, it's a trip to the dealers to fix it and maybe a cost involved and since these are basically computers, it could even lead to your EV not being able to drive there to get help..... And once the software is on, it's on, no rolling back to a previous version, so I have been told.

The question is... Does this update include what we are looking for, HVAC fixes?. I can see anything about that... mostly UI changes in the head unit UI, map changes, radio fixes etc. A whole list of stuff from Notice | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website

It may be likely those who have their cars already have this update? those whose cars are on order and have been on a ship to the UK since...September? have not had this update yet. Maybe just maybe looking for updates is included in the dealers PDI checks and we would get it anyway.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
I am sure any cars not delivered the dealers will have to do the update so should be good for new deliveries.

Would be good to know what the update fixes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Also found out that there are fixes not listed above for a bug relating to the charging flap, some type of heating rod issue and some type of front camera calibration all to be done before handover of cars, maybe these are the fixes from the letter posted above?. No one can confirm though at this stage, waiting game :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts