Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove one….it’s absolutely bloody brilliant and I cannot wait for the day that Kia finally deliver AWD models to NL.
It’s so comfortable, quiet, easy to drive, amazing sound system, great sunroof, responsive screens and some very very slick driver aids.
👍👍👍👍👍
I had a 40 minutes test drive and the car only had 180km on it! Had a blast on the motorway and it performed well. The ipedal was really effective around town, but I preferred a little bit of coasting ability too.
Whilst I didn’t do any sort of energy testing, I will say that the EV monitoring on board seemed very accurate in telling you how much you use versus regen and what’s left.
Time will tell when some people actually get theirs. Can’t wait to hear from them

·
Registered
46 Posts
I drove one….it’s absolutely bloody brilliant and I cannot wait for the day that Kia finally deliver AWD models to NL.
It’s so comfortable, quiet, easy to drive, amazing sound system, great sunroof, responsive screens and some very very slick driver aids.
👍👍👍👍👍
I had a 40 minutes test drive and the car only had 180km on it! Had a blast on the motorway and it performed well. The ipedal was really effective around town, but I preferred a little bit of coasting ability too.
Whilst I didn’t do any sort of energy testing, I will say that the EV monitoring on board seemed very accurate in telling you how much you use versus regen and what’s left.
Time will tell when some people actually get theirs. Can’t wait to hear from them
Lucky you Mr Sprout!

Please say it wasn’t another matt grey model! What was the colour? I have ordered white and it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually been up close to one “in the flesh.”

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky you Mr Sprout!

Please say it wasn’t another matt grey model! What was the colour? I have ordered white and it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually been up close to one “in the flesh.”
It was a white one I drove. I’m not usually a fan of white cars but I must say that with all the details of the lights, grill and other details the EV6 looks really smart in white.
I’ve ordered a yacht blue one as I like it’s shiny metallic bits!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It was a white one I drove. I’m not usually a fan of white cars but I must say that with all the details of the lights, grill and other details the EV6 looks really smart in white.
Thanks. Yes, the yacht blue looks great too.

I think all of the colours will sell, I just wish there had been a wee bit more choice…

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tomorrow I have a test drive as well.
With a black one RWD (but ordered a red one GT-Line AWD).
I'm also curious how it will drive.

Couple of weeks ago I had a testdrive with an Ioniq 5 AWD.
That feld pretty good.

So hope I can tell you more tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
👍👍👍👍👍
Was the car you drove one with the Meridian sound system or the regular on? Thanks 😊

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered a White GT Line S AWD way back in May. Later I saw videos on YouTube showing the car in Yacht Blue. I contacted my dealer to see about changing the colour but was told it would put me to the back of the queue. He did suggest I visited the showroom where he had a Yacht Blue E Niro. When I got there the car was no where near as bright as the blue in the video, Sales guy said it would never be as bright as the videos were under ultra bright studio lighting. So, I decided to stick with the White Pearl, which should have been delivered this month!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drove as well today with a RWD GT-line
I only had less than hour , so no photos sadly.

Some things I liked:
- quiet:
The car is super quiet (at least my perspective). I drove with a polestart 2 and that car had a lot of road/tire noise.
In the EV6 I didn't heard it (this one had nexen tires).
Wind noise was also not very present.
I heard it when I drove about 140Km/h, but very little

- lane assist / adaptive CC
Works great (like my mercedes C from 2015).

- HUD
Couldn't see it very well. I think it was net set to very bright and it was sunny. But what I saw did look ok.
In this video you have a better impression

- interior finish:
Did feel/looked good.
Glossy black maybe a fingerprint magnet, but yeah, it's there...

- Seates:
The seats were fine and the position was good.
The ventilation worked also great.

- Meridian sound:
Sounds good. Didn't tested it very well.
So maybe in an next test drive something to look at.

The (one) thing I didn't like (that much):
- trunk space
On paper the trunk space should be almost the same as my C class variant.
But in real world it is a lot less.
I think trunk space is measured until the height of the backseat.
But in de C class you have more space above the height of the backseat.
Also the roofline of de merc is longer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Within two weeks, after the license plate has been issued and the towbar has been fitted, I will get my black EV6 GT-line RWD. Last Saturday I had the opportunity to drive a white one, just for a few minutes, but it felt great. So soon I can share my experiences with you.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
24 Posts
So jealous of you all getting to take some test drives - hopefully soon in US for the FE folks

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
20 Posts
As you folks get opportunities to drive the EV6 please do take some time to consider the sound quality of the Meridian audio system. In fact, make a point of taking some source material that you are fond & familiar with to be able to compare the capability of the Meridian System to a system you have time listening to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove as well today with a RWD GT-line
I only had less than hour , so no photos sadly.

Some things I liked:
- quiet:
The car is super quiet (at least my perspective). I drove with a polestart 2 and that car had a lot of road/tire noise.
In the EV6 I didn't heard it (this one had nexen tires).
Wind noise was also not very present.
I heard it when I drove about 140Km/h, but very little

- lane assist / adaptive CC
Works great (like my mercedes C from 2015).

- HUD
Couldn't see it very well. I think it was net set to very bright and it was sunny. But what I saw did look ok.
In this video you have a better impression

- interior finish:
Did feel/looked good.
Glossy black maybe a fingerprint magnet, but yeah, it's there...

- Seates:
The seats were fine and the position was good.
The ventilation worked also great.

- Meridian sound:
Sounds good. Didn't tested it very well.
So maybe in an next test drive something to look at.

The (one) thing I didn't like (that much):
- trunk space
On paper the trunk space should be almost the same as my C class variant.
But in real world it is a lot less.
I think trunk space is measured until the height of the backseat.
But in de C class you have more space above the height of the backseat.
Also the roofline of de merc is longer.
What about seat height position? Is it much lower than an ordinary SUV, I'm driving an X3 today and do not want to go to a sedan level. Understand it is lower but how much? Compared to Ioniq 5?

·
Registered
25 Posts
What about seat height position? Is it much lower than an ordinary SUV, I'm driving an X3 today and do not want to go to a sedan level. Understand it is lower but how much? Compared to Ioniq 5?
I'm coming from a mercedes C class (2015) and the EV6 is higher, but how much... (quest maybe 10 to 15cm)
It's definitely lower than an X3.

Compared to the ioniq 5 I drove in it is lower as well.
I quest a couple of cm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm coming from a mercedes C class (2015) and the EV6 is higher, but how much... (quest maybe 10 to 15cm)

I quest a couple of cm.
Thanks, it seems to be acceptable level then. It’s OK to go down from X3. Somewhere inbetween X3 and Mercedes C would be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I quest a couple of cm.
The EV6 is 1550mm tall. Ground clearance is also very low. Compared to your C-Class it's 150mm taller and has 38mm more ground clearance. A better comparison is with an Estate / Wagon; something like a Ford Mondeo Estate is 1501mm tall and has 130mm ground clearance. I think an Audi A6 Avant has the same ground clearance as the EV6 at somewhere around 170mm.

Whilst Kia market the EV6 as an SUV it's officially an Estate/Wagon, which is why it's not very tall at all when compared to other Estates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a White GT Line S AWD way back in May. Later I saw videos on YouTube showing the car in Yacht Blue. I contacted my dealer to see about changing the colour but was told it would put me to the back of the queue. He did suggest I visited the showroom where he had a Yacht Blue E Niro. When I got there the car was no where near as bright as the blue in the video, Sales guy said it would never be as bright as the videos were under ultra bright studio lighting. So, I decided to stick with the White Pearl, which should have been delivered this month!!
My girl friend has a eniro in yacht blue, its like you say, quite dark blue, and not so beutiful ass some others cars blue colors.. But i orderd mine in yacht blue any way... 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 33 Posts