Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sort of on topic: quite a few years ago we arranged to buy our son a new car as a high school graduation present (Honda Civic). When we arrived at the dealer about 50 miles from our home we learned that the car had a tiny scratch at the bottom of one of the rocker panels.

My son was distressed that he could either take the car 'as is' or wait for them to fix it and get it in a few days.

I solved his dilemma by telling him to take it with the scratch and then he'd not have to agonize in the future when the car was dinged. I told him that the distress is with the first defect. After that it wouldn't be that big a deal for subsequent ones.
I say go one further, get another car and open the door into your own car. If you're going to get dings, might as well do it under your own terms... :LOL:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've outlawed food in the 6, but we'll see how long that lasts.
Ha! I outlawed food in my RX7. Later I met a new girl and the first time we went on a long drive in the car and stopped for fuel, she came back to the car with a slurpee in hand. She was gobsmacked when I told her she can't bring that in the car, and made her sit on the kerb until she'd finished it. :LOL:

When I get my EV6 GT I do plan to relax that food rule somewhat. We plan on doing long roadtrips in it, so I'm conceding a level of practicality. But, having read this thread, I think I'll implement a "no kids" rule!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ha! I outlawed food in my RX7. Later I met a new girl and the first time we went on a long drive in the car and stopped for fuel, she came back to the car with a slurpee in hand. She was gobsmacked when I told her she can't bring that in the car, and made her sit on the kerb until she'd finished it. :LOL:

When I get my EV6 GT I do plan to relax that food rule somewhat. We plan on doing long roadtrips in it, so I'm conceding a level of practicality. But, having read this thread, I think I'll implement a "no kids" rule!
This is pure comedy and I thank you for it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I drove my last new car into a shopping cart corral next to me... touch-up paint is not optional.
Beard Jaw Flash photography Facial hair Font

I went on a date and didn't know that my date was a smoker. After dinner we walk to my truck when she begins to light up. I told her to go ahead and finish before getting in. It was about 35 degrees outside (F for you fernerz :p ) and had her sit outside while I sat inside the toasty truck. I'll never understand how some people will assume that you allow food/drink/smoke/feet on the dash of a vehicle without asking. When I did Uber, I had one instance where a guy (it's always the &*#^! guy!) tried to reach for my stereo knobs and I grabbed his arm. I have a good 10 years worth of General Motors assembly line forearm strength (I swear it's not from THAT activity!) so I think I caught him off guard. Oh well, Uber passengers can be some of the biggest dregs of society.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a scratch on my passenger door from another car. The dealer fortunately repairs those free of charge. But the door dent on the driver side, well I'm out of luck on that one. I learn to let it go, it sucks to look at but sucks to stress about it too. I'm happy to have a car and not pay for gas. :)
Kia dealers will repair scratches free of charge? This would be amazing because I have a scratch on the side of the car that appeared out of nowhere.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Kia dealers will repair scratches free of charge? This would be amazing because I have a scratch on the side of the car that appeared out of nowhere.
I think that is if you purchase their "insurance" when you're in the finance office. On that note, I would totally consider getting a "Wash contract" that lets me take it to the dealership for a wash on the Matte finish paint. I figure that might be a worth while investment, and would let them keep some of their "make ready" porters on the payroll.

Speaking of, if you wash your vehicle that's another way to disappoint yourself. I was detailing today and found another small nick in the paint on the roof. You always flashback to when it probably happened, driving around joyful on the highway and hear a "clunk", yep that's probably a future scratch. If you wash your car often enough, you start to remember where all the scratches and paint chips are. Fortunately, I had a clear-bra installed so a few "chips" are only affecting the plastic film. Something I highly recommend to anyone that doesn't have the Matte finish.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts