Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
For 20 years I owned a Subaru XT6 which also had flush door handles. Not exactly the same design, but similar. Many times the car was a frozen block of ice in the morning, but not once did enough water get behind the handles to prevent me from pushing them in and opening the door. The door locks were a problem, but the handles always worked

XT 6 --> EV 6. I guess I have a type?

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
Just keep a hair dryer in your car and hook it up to V2L! lol
Snarkiness aside, that's actually a really good idea. I imagine you'll almost always be able to get at least one of the five doors open, and there's more than just door handles that might need some help with getting the ice off. There's a decent chance this may turn out to be one of the more common real-life uses for V2L. I may keep one in the car.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
I believe some of the trims also include an inside power outlet.
they do but it is getting a little sad when we are talking of using a hair dryer to get into a 50K car. 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
22 G-Line RWD Yacht Blue
88 Posts
I forgot about that! do we get this in America? My Niro doesn't have it but the rest of the world's Niro's do. Also don't you have to get into the car in order to use the inside outlet 🤣
My GT-Line RWD had the outlet in the center of the rear seat base. Also, if you can get the rear open, you can use the V2L outlet.

Personally, I turned off the auto unlock so I at least won't have to worry about burning out the handle mechanism when it's iced over.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Telluride and 2022 KIA EV6 GT-Line First Edition
64 Posts
You can manually push the handle out into the open position. I would manually exercise the handles before unlocking. Even though the motor broke through the ice, doing this regularly will burn out the door handle motors. Thankfully I have a heated garage.

When I was a kid, my mom once poured boiling water on frozen car door. She is lucky it didn't shatter the glass or cause any damage. That car was from the late 1970's. You could stand or sit on the hood or roof and the metal didn't dent. We actually did sit on the roof at movie drive ins, haha. That was back when they used a ton of steel to make cars. I am pretty sure boiling water would destroy any modern car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts