Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Font Material property Advertising Transparency

Is this the new record for dealer markups on the EV6?!
To save you the click, Motor1 spoke to an auto journalist named Anthony Fongaro who spotted an EV6 First Edition at McGrath Arlington Kia in Palatine, Illinois with a nearly $19,000 markup.
From the article:
Auto journalist Anthony Fongaro spotted this EV6 on the showroom floor, snapped a picture, and posted the image to Facebook. In the photo, you can see a dealer market adjustment of $12,000 – for the First Edition model – a vague "interior protection pack" that costs $3,995, and a "pro pack" option that asks another $2,495.
Motor1 contacted the dealer and they quote they got back is kinda insane when you consider what the purpose of a car dealership is: "Because of the limited inventory, these cars are somewhat irreplaceable..."
The quote goes on to say they're competitively priced with other Kia stores, so I guess my question is, have you all seen anything like this near you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 2256
To save you the click, Motor1 spoke to an auto journalist named Anthony Fongaro who spotted an EV6 First Edition at McGrath Arlington Kia in Palatine, Illinois with a nearly $19,000 markup.
From the article:
Auto journalist Anthony Fongaro spotted this EV6 on the showroom floor, snapped a picture, and posted the image to Facebook. In the photo, you can see a dealer market adjustment of $12,000 – for the First Edition model – a vague "interior protection pack" that costs $3,995, and a "pro pack" option that asks another $2,495.
Motor1 contacted the dealer and they quote they got back is kinda insane when you consider what the purpose of a car dealership is: "Because of the limited inventory, these cars are somewhat irreplaceable..."
The quote goes on to say they're competitively priced with other Kia stores, so I guess my question is, have you all seen anything like this near you?
I paid $10k on my lease at Gerald in North Aurora. They didn’t tell me about it until making the deal with finance. But was in love at that point. Crazy 😜I know!

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
View attachment 2256
From the article:
That reporter clearly hasnt visited Southern California where the several are at $87K

·
Registered
FE Glacier 1500/1500
90 Posts
View attachment 2256
From the article:
Another post showed $87k w/ $20k markup

·
Registered
94 Posts
View attachment 2256
From the article:
They should shove that car up where the sun don’t shine. Hopefully everyone in the area remembers this dealer when things get better. They should be driven out of business.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kia McHenry Illinois told me selling at MSRP was for locals only and the markup was 20K for out of town buyers. This is America...guess they can do that if they want.
Uh? I was just there 2 weeks ago and they told me 5k markup for RWD and 10k for AWD. I wanted to buy an AWD but I don't want to pay the markup. Maybe I need to go back there. I would pay MSRP right now for it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I talked Gary Lang Kia in Mchenry down to $3K for GTL AWD over on the phone, probably could have done better in person, but the first dealer I stopped at that day got the deal for much less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked Gary Lang Kia in Mchenry down to $3K for GTL AWD over on the phone, probably could have done better in person, but the first dealer I stopped at that day got the deal for much less.
Yup that is the same dealer I was referring to. I just checked and it seems they have the same EV6's as they had when I was there. No doubt since they were telling people 10k extra for AWD.

I am going to go look at the Ioniq 5 this weekend too. I want to buy something in the next month but not paying a premium.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yup that is the same dealer I was referring to. I just checked and it seems they have the same EV6's as they had when I was there. No doubt since they were telling people 10k extra for AWD.

I am going to go look at the Ioniq 5 this weekend too. I want to buy something in the next month but not paying a premium.
Yeah I wanted to look at the Ioniq 5 too, the problem is that in the Chicago area I was told there are fewer Hyundai "Authorized EV Dealers" than there are Kia certified EV dealers since Kia has been selling EV's for longer. So while many areas of the country are seeing more stock of I5's, there are not many available in the Chicagoland area to even see or test drive. I was more likely to buy the EV6 anyway based on exterior and interior looks, plus I'm a huge fan of what Kia has been doing the last few years. Now the Kia dealerships just need to get their act together. And don't let them blame it on "supply chain issues". These Chicago Kia dealerships have been pulling this BS, especially on Tellurides, since before the supply chain issues or even COVID.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't let them pull your chain. Call around... Got my pearl white Wind AWD w/tech package for $500 over sticker at SoCal dealer. I would have gone with the Boise dealer and driven home, but Boise was out of my preferred color choices. Had a good purchase experience, very professional group. Direct and to the point, no games. Alhambra Kia ask for Adan Reyes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts