Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Finally got my car this week. We're out for a country drive, it's an amazing car! Although I'm quickly learning the perils of out of service chargers...
Nice! It looks great. I have a deposit down for the upcoming EV6 GT (in white). I'm sure it will blow my mind when it arrives, but the wait for it to even hit the market is killing me. I'm very envious of those who are taking delivery of their EV6 now. I haven't seen any on the road yet, but clearly they're out there. I'll be one of those people checking out your car if I see you drive past.

· Registered
61 Posts
Has KIA released any pricing information on the GT ?
Not official Kia pricing, but this article popped up today speculating on the Australian price based on just-announced UK pricing.

Short story: a guess of $94,500 plus on roads ($105,000 drive-away).

· Registered
61 Posts
Glad my order for the amazing GT will be next year. Time to get some of this "sillyness" sorted. ( looking at you Kia Australia )
I wouldn't count on getting these things sorted in the next 6 months or so, though you never know.
I have money down on a GT as well, but am learning that it's missing a few things that I would have liked.
  • No Kia Connect (and maybe unable to have it retrofitted)
  • Possibly no sunroof (not a big deal to me, but kinda nice sometimes)
  • Sports seats with no power adjustment or driver memory, and no ventilation (I really liked the ventilation in the GT-Line seats!)
It will still be amazing, but not... perfect.

· Registered
61 Posts
I'll shoot an email off to Kia AUS ......
Maybe a bunch of us should go into our local dealership and ask them to voice to Kia HQ about how customers are annoyed at the lack of Kia Connect. It might carry more weight coming from dealers than email from random people on the internet.

But then again, with a huge backlog of orders already, there is zero real pressure for Kia to need to change anything.

· Registered
61 Posts
To anyone who knows for certain (eg. those who have taken possession of an EV6), does the Australian car support the feature where you can use the key remote to drive the car forwards or backwards? Since we're missing so many other things that the overseas markets have, I'm wondering about this too.

· Registered
61 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested, I've been scoping out the exterior visual differences between the Air and the GT-Line so I can tell them apart on the street, and I put together some side-by-side images to compare.

Key differences are:
Air has black trim on the wheel arches; GT-Line is body colour.
Air has a different front bumper and "grill".
Air has a completely different rear bumper and number plate backing.
Air has a different rim pattern (and 19" instead of 20").

Air (Red) on the left, GT-Line (White) on the right.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Does anyone know if the GT-Line has any visual differences between the AWD and RWD? Is there an AWD badge or anything?

I'm guessing the 430kw GT is almost identical to the GT-Line but with 21" rims (with a slightly different rim pattern), neon brake calipers and I assume a GT badge on the back.

· Registered
61 Posts
Hey folks.
I currently drive a 27 year old Mazda which has a classic old mechanical key with no fancy electronics. I also do a bit of scuba diving, and currently can easily take a key in a wetsuit pocket, leaving the car locked while I'm gone.

I'm wondering how this will work when I get my EV6. Friends of mine with more modern cars will often leave their keys in my car while we go diving. Others use a key safe padlocked to their car. But if the EV6 uses key proximity to unlock the car and pop out the handles as you approach, even a key safe wouldn't work.

What options are there for locking the car while I'm off in the water? Can the proximity unlock be quickly and easily turned off and on, so that I can turn it off and leave the key in a key safe on the car? Is there any sort of mechanical "valet key" that doesn't have the electronics and could get wet? As a last resort I can take a small waterproof container diving with me to hold the key, but that's not my preferred option.

· Registered
61 Posts
It seems like the GT is still on track for first deliveries in 2022. 😀
2023 Kia EV6 GT due in Australia this year with local tuning - Drive

I'm hoping that I might get an awesome Christmas present.
But really want to know if the GT (and other MY23 cars) will be fitted with Kia Connect yet.

Edit: That same news about a handful of GTs landing here for local tuning is popping up on lots of news sites now.
This article includes a lot of photos.
Kia Is Readying The EV6 GT For Australian Roads | Carscoops

· Registered
61 Posts
Picked up my GTLine AWD on Tues, very happy with it.
Oooh, the blue looks sooo good!
I'm torn on my colour selection. I love the blue, but I find it masks the contrasting black highlights, and I like the contrast of those bits. So I'm tossing up between blue (great colour, less contrast) or white (less exciting colour, but good contrast).

· Registered
61 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
You might have seen reports from the US launch of the EV6 GT that range is being listed as only 206 miles (330km).
If that ends up being true and we get the same (noting that the advertising in Europe still says 424km), then it's quite likely I'll cancel my GT order. A sub-400 km range just doesn't work for me and simply isn't good enough against the competition (eg. Model Y Performance is 514km).
I would consider a GT-Line instead, but the wait for orders placed now is what, 2 years or something? 🙄
God f'king dammit!

· Registered
61 Posts
I cant see why you need more performance than the vanilla AWD.
Yeah, that's what my grandma says too.

Seriously, don't try to tell people that X is fast enough; you may not get it, but it comes across as if you're belittling our opinions. I've driven the GT Line and it has great pick up, but it's not what I'd call crazy fast. The GT is a great opportunity to get supercar-like acceleration at a more tolerable price than a Ferrari or Lambo. So I'll be pretty gutted if the range turns out being like a Nissan Leaf.

· Registered
61 Posts
Jeebuz :oops: Anyone seen the GT pricing (just released) for NZ ? $139,990 NZD plus on roads.

That would convert to AUD$125k plus on roads LCT etc putting it north of AUD$140K

I'll wait for the official Aus pricing , but looks like I'll have to cancel my order :eek::mad:

Ouch!
If that is the case, I'll be cancelling my order too (which I was considering doing anyway over range issues).

If I instead order a GTL I can look forward to ventilated power seats and better range, but will be right to the back of the queue and have a two year wait.

Maybe I might consider a Polestar 2 instead. I could get that in 6 months rather than 2 years.

· Registered
61 Posts
My two bits worth: make sure you go for a test drive in the Polestar - I found it too cramped for my liking.
Have you had a chat to your KIA dealer about changing your order to a GT-Line, and whether that puts you right back to the end of the line ? You never know .... with the recent price hikes of the GT-line itself, there may be a few cancelled orders as well.
Good advice, Ron.
I'm doubtful about the Polestar... it just doesn't provoke an emotive "I love it" response in me like the EV6 does.
Once pricing for the GT comes out, if I kill my order I might place a new order for a GTL anyway, and either get lucky with a cancellation or during my long wait a better new EV might hit the market and I'll jump ship to that instead.

Frustrating though. I was hoping to be in the GT by Christmas (though I note the NZ news says "next year", not Q4).

· Registered
61 Posts
Where are you? I'm in St Kilda Rd Melbourne and get out most days...just to have a drive
I'm usually to be found at various places on a direct line from the Melbourne CBD out to Ferntree Gully, and from FTG down to Portsea.
I get a view along St Kilda Rd from my office window, but probably a tad hard to make out your car without binoculars!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts