Kia EV6 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is definitely true that some dealers got higher allocations. My dealer originally thought they would get 8 total but in the end got 5 including demo. I talk to another dealer and they said they were only getting 2. Also geez lucky on the A77EV6 walking into a dealer getting a car just like that.
Dealers getting less than what they thought they were allocated certainly looks like Kia could be shifting units to other dealers, but it could also be supply constraints. I've been hearing certain models are shipping with less features and all sorts of things. But you could be right.

And yes it was ridiculous, I had no idea when I was looking into it that no one could get these cars, I just saw the news about Kia's EV6 coming out and the dealer closest to me happen to be one that had allocation left. Stupidly lucky. But they also charge almost $3k for dealer delivery and I see others on here are only being charged $1200 or so, so I'm paying for the privilege I guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dealers getting less than what they thought they were allocated certainly looks like Kia could be shifting units to other dealers, but it could also be supply constraints. I've been hearing certain models are shipping with less features and all sorts of things. But you could be right.

And yes it was ridiculous, I had no idea when I was looking into it that no one could get these cars, I just saw the news about Kia's EV6 coming out and the dealer closest to me happen to be one that had allocation left. Stupidly lucky. But they also charge almost $3k for dealer delivery and I see others on here are only being charged $1200 or so, so I'm paying for the privilege I guess.
Well I got my one 2 weeks ago. AWD. If it makes you feel better I was still charged $2495 for dealer delivery

·
Registered
14 Posts
I find it strange that your dealer got their full allocated 8 cars in one go. When other dealers have only received a demo and have 4 allocated. I'm also intrigued how some dealers have details on shipping arrivals and others have no info at all. I'm seeing a definite trend of east coast being favoured over the west coast. So much for fair allocation and delivery.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To be more accurate, they had only 7. One of their allocation was used for a demo, so they had only 6 for orders. But I don't know what determines how many they get vs other dealers.

If dealers are saying they have no information on shipping I'd say that's more laziness than anything. My dealer called me to let me know my car was leaving production and was able to text me updates about where the ship was currently, which allowed me to work out which ship it was, he also got lead times for arrival at the pre-delivery centre and texted me when he got notified that there was a delay and it would be the 28th not the 21st. I've received 4 text's so far with updates. 1 when it left production and was being loaded onto the ship, 1 when it was almost here travelling between Brisbane and Sydney, another when it arrived at the dock, and another to say that there was a delay.

I wouldn't personally bother to speculate on whether Kia favours East coast dealers based on this level of information. Sounds more like a difference between the work ethic of Kia dealer staff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't personally bother to speculate on whether Kia favours East coast dealers based on this level of information. Sounds more like a difference between the work ethic of Kia dealer staff.
You're right that we don't have complete information here on the forum. But I have 99% confidence WA members in this forum post are using different WA dealers. Makes less sense that everyone here from WA are saying they're not being updated. My dealer is fairly communicative and earlier on in the process even told me he had reached out to other local dealers to see if they had any information he didn't (which they didn't).

I've definitely bothered him enough that it's probably an easier job just to give me an update rather than me emailing/calling every other week.

But who knows, maybe WA is lazier haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm from WA. When I placed my order at the start of the month I was told I was 15th (I think) in the queue and I wouldn't hear anything most likely until the order had been processed by Kia and the build was to begin. If I recal my dealer said this would be about 6 months out from them arriving for pickup. Estimated wait time is 18 months. The contract speficied the 2023 build with potential to hold out for the 2024 build. I'm not in a huge rush to get an EV right now but this wait also allows for me to see what happens with the car's missing features i.e. Kia Connect, HDA, Nvidia powered infotainment etc, in the newer builds.

That said, my dealer was expecting to get an AWD demo in at some point and mentioned he'd give me a call to check it out when it arrives as I ordered the AWD and they only had a RWD.

Also for reference, I've been to two dealerships, both had 1 car each - 1 AWD and 1 RWD, so I got to test drive both. Both were expecting the wait times to be quite long.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just checked the Build and Order calculator for Tasmania and it has a bug. When you upgrade from runaway red to snow white pearl (+$520) it fails to give the stamp duty rebate 100% from the Tasmanian Government, bumping the price about $3000. I have used their contact kia page informing them of the error. Will have to see how they respond? The site works ok for a Sorento phev but not the EV6.
They were complete uninterested and said just talk to your dealer about pricing. Unbelievable, they put up erroneous info and don't care.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm down in Melbourne. Dealer has told me that my car has gone from 'not scheduled' to 'its on a boat' in the past couple of days. Due to dock in Melbourne mid May so hopefully delivery by the end of May. AWD GT-line in white
Sounds like the exact same timeline I was given. Easter threw that out by about 1 week so I think you'll be fine. About 17 days on the ship, 2 weeks from dock to pre-delivery facility, 1-2 days to dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid my deposit on 19th of March. I was told 6-9 months but I feel thats optimistic. Havent heard anything from the dealer, but I know it will take while, so I understand the wait.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid my deposit on 19th of March. I was told 6-9 months but I feel thats optimistic. Havent heard anything from the dealer, but I know it will take while, so I understand the wait.
While there was still allocation available, the timeframe is about 2-3 months.

After the 500 allocation was exhausted it's totally based on where you are in the queue. With orders into 2025 it could be a very long wait. I hope yours isn't too long and you get behind the wheel sometime soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I'm sure I was after the initial 500 cars :) I feel the only way I will get mine sooner is if my dealer was allocated some cars and didnt get much interest. Still, I am prepared to wait. Lets also hope that Kia churns out a few thousand more to clear some of the backlog :)
Also hope you have an awesome time with yours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in Melbourne
I ordered and paid a deposit on 29/1/22 and was number 6 in the queue at my dealer.
As of this week I am number 3 as one car was delivered and I guess 2 people pulled out
Like everybody else I am hoping that KIA will release more cars to clear the back log.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, Loz on Sunshine Coast here; I lodges my order for ev6 rear wheel drive blue on 08/11 2021. No info yet from dealer on delivery or my position on order list other than you are one of the early ones. I noticed that A red all wheel drive has been delivered via the dealer in past two weeks. I have been told by dealer that I will be advised once vehicle is designated and deliver approx 6 weeks later. I guess patience is a virtue, Loz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all, Loz on Sunshine Coast here; I lodges my order for ev6 rear wheel drive blue on 08/11 2021. No info yet from dealer on delivery or my position on order list other than you are one of the early ones. I noticed that A red all wheel drive has been delivered via the dealer in past two weeks. I have been told by dealer that I will be advised once vehicle is designated and deliver approx 6 weeks later. I guess patience is a virtue, Loz
That's my dealership (if you are referring to Maroochydore). We placed our name down in July 2021, but didn't get any notification until sometime in Feb 2022, then it all happened very quickly. We had the first one out of that dealership on March 16, since then I believe a matt-grey and that red one you mention have gone out, but when we took delivery of ours, Dale said he had no clue when the next would come. They really don't know, the allocations seem to happen very fast. At least you're not waiting until 2025! (And it's worth the wait :) )

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's my dealership (if you are referring to Maroochydore). We placed our name down in July 2021, but didn't get any notification until sometime in Feb 2022, then it all happened very quickly. We had the first one out of that dealership on March 16, since then I believe a matt-grey and that red one you mention have gone out, but when we took delivery of ours, Dale said he had no clue when the next would come. They really don't know, the allocations seem to happen very fast. At least you're not waiting until 2025! (And it's worth the wait :) )
My situation is similar except I reckon my agent has fewer cars sold per year and so its allocations are coming more spread out than yours. I am first on the list here, october 2021 deposit, but they have only received their demo rwd so far. Suppose that makes sense kind of. You were well quick off the mark with a July deposit, well done. My guys didn't even know they were getting their own demo when it turned up so delivery is a big last minute reveal thing it seems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Mark, yes I am with your dealer, well done you getting your order in so early; I am reassured to know those being delivered were ordered well before ,me and that you are happy with your purchase. I spoke to a guy today about installation of a three phase zappi charger in anticipation of a delivery sometime this year. I guess as you say it all happens quite quickly when your order falls due!. Would be interested to know if you have installed a smart charger?
Cheers, Loz

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Mark, yes I am with your dealer, well done you getting your order in so early; I am reassured to know those being delivered were ordered well before ,me and that you are happy with your purchase. I spoke to a guy today about installation of a three phase zappi charger in anticipation of a delivery sometime this year. I guess as you say it all happens quite quickly when your order falls due!. Would be interested to know if you have installed a smart charger?
Cheers, Loz
Yes I have a Zappi, single phase 7.2 kW charger with solar monitor that allows detection of times where you have excess solar to use on charg I ng rather than exporting to grid. It is,all hooked up but no car to test it yet. Cheers.

261 - 280 of 384 Posts