Kia EV6 Forum banner
301 - 320 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have just heard from my dealer - my car is on a ship (Jupiter Saturn) and will be available towards the end of the month or early next month. GT-line RWD Pearl white.
I had put my deposit down in early February, so that was not such a long wait......
It's off the coast of Japan right now.

It'll be another 2 weeks to port and at least a week from the dock to the pre delivery facility before it makes it to your dealer. So second week of June I'd say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow Ron, That seems really quick. I phoned my dealer this week and he said no sign of my car yet. I put my deposit down mid March so it was always going to be a bit later i guess. On the phone he still said 9-12 months.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow Ron, That seems really quick. I phoned my dealer this week and he said no sign of my car yet. I put my deposit down mid March so it was always going to be a bit later i guess. On the phone he still said 9-12 months.
Last week, the dealer told me that my order had been moved from "Unscheduled" to "Scheduled for production". Today, just a matter of a few days later, he tells me my car is on the ship and on its way. I think there is a lot of churning with the orders happening behind the scenes. Not unexpected, as customers may be cancelling orders and KIA adjusts their delivery to suit.
Hope you get yours quicker than 9-12 months.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My dealer has informed me that mine is on the water, but can't tell me the ships name as he doesn't have that information.
In all probability, it will be the same ship as for mine and buckgw - the Jupiter Spirit. With the limited number of EV6's coming to Australia, I can't see more than one ship at a time bringing stock over...

·
Registered
37 Posts
In all probability, it will be the same ship as for mine and buckgw - the Jupiter Spirit. With the limited number of EV6's coming to Australia, I can't see more than one ship at a time bringing stock over...
There are 2-3 ships in the water at any one time. The ships are not just carrying your car but a variety of cars of all types ICE and EV alike.

My dealer didn't know the ship name but he knew the timing of it being from production to loaded onto the ship. I was able to work out the ship name based on that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are 2-3 ships in the water at any one time. The ships are not just carrying your car but a variety of cars of all types ICE and EV alike.

My dealer didn't know the ship name but he knew the timing of it being from production to loaded onto the ship. I was able to work out the ship name based on that.
Using your ship as a basis then there is a high probability that my car arrived in Fremantle yesterday, still in port today, so I may have my car in a few weeks. Dealer did estimate first week next month.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Using your ship as a basis then there is a high probability that my car arrived in Fremantle yesterday, still in port today, so I may have my car in a few weeks. Dealer did estimate first week next month.
I don't know the travel time specifically, but you have to add unloading time in Port Kembla and Melbourne, that's at least 2 days. Then sometimes it has to wait to dock also, saw my ship wait a day to dock. Then whatever it is from Melbourne to Fremantle, maybe 3 days @ 18 knots.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know the travel time specifically, but you have to add unloading time in Port Kembla and Melbourne, that's at least 2 days. Then sometimes it has to wait to dock also, saw my ship wait a day to dock. Then whatever it is from Melbourne to Fremantle, maybe 3 days @ 18 knots.
I'm hoping my car is on the car carrier Positive Pioneer which is already in Fremantle and came from Korea. My dealer had told me my car was on its way last Friday, 6th May. It might not be as the ship left Korea April 30th. Not sure how quick the dealers info is updated. I'll be sure to update once I know more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When everyones cars arrive, can we please make an agreement that you take a photo with the car and post it here. It will keep the people in the queue enthusiastic 😀
For those in Perth. Looks like Wangara and Midland motors are selling their demo vehicles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those in Perth. Looks like Wangara and Midland motors are selling their demo vehicles.
Both of those ads only state available for test drives.

AVAILABLE FOR TEST DRIVE AND SHOWING PURPOSES ONLY. ENQUIRE TODAY FOR AVAILABLE OPTIONS

·
Registered
37 Posts
When everyones cars arrive, can we please make an agreement that you take a photo with the car and post it here. It will keep the people in the queue enthusiastic 😀
Will do. I pick up my car tomorrow.

Also, can we share if we are missing any of the features / capabilities we were meant to get.

I know we are currently not getting the Kia Connect App, so no remote functions, and we also don't seem to receive any free charging unlike other countries. But I'd also like to hear if Kia are dropping anything due to material constraints.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first post, tho been following for a few weeks.

Did my periodic 3-weekly call to my Melbourne dealer yesterday for an update on my AWD order – deposit given 8 Feb. Essentially got no delivery news, but it’s worth sharing the call because it reinforces key points made by others.

Kia control allocations (an e.g. of that was made clear in Feb when Kia queried whether I really wanted 2 EV6’s. I’d moved the order to a different dealer because the first one said they’d over filled their allocation, but that first dealer hadn‘t cancelled the order with Kia).

Switching to the car magazines, back in February, they carried articles quoting Kia saying Kia was going to be careful to distribute orders fairly around their 90 odd Australian dealers

My dealer has received 3 of their 7 allocation for 2022 – their AWD demo, an Air & a GT Line. I’m their 4th deposit giver, so in theory, next cab off the rank. However, what colours & models are being run in Korea will presumably determine when I get my vehicle – has the 5th deposit giver at my dealer ordered an Air or a GT Line of a colour that Korea next run? Where is my order in relation to orders with other dealers? Although I’m their 4th order, I may thus not be the 4th order supplied by my dealer – tho I’ll get grouchy if I’m too late in the pecking order!

I understand my dealer’s on-line info system with Kia no longer gets updates on whether customer orders are “unscheduled” or “scheduled”, the dealer just gets advice when the vehicle in on a ship. The dealer used to allow around 3 months from an order being scheduled to it getting to the customer.

My dealer salesperson has maintained close relationships with Kia & was a Kia employee, & seems to be an honest communicator with me. Cross-matching what my dealer knows with what the car magazines write, I’m confident Kia do not try to keep dealers informed. (Moral: keep up with Kia articles in the car mag’s).

·
Registered
37 Posts
What colour and spec did you order? Others might be able to give some hints to timing based on their delivery timeframes.

For example, mine is a black AWD gt line and was ordered Feb 6th and arrived last week.

301 - 320 of 384 Posts