Kia EV6 Forum banner
501 - 520 of 548 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think what Kia AUS / NZ need to understand is that we, as potential buyers, are now-days a pretty informed lot. The inter-webs is a very powerful tool !

We can see very clearly what is available globally and when we see that available tech has been cut from our local models, we will be asking why !
Especially with the premium prices that we pay down here.

If there is a valid legislative reason, come out and say it ! We could then lobby the pollies to make a change. ( but that argument does not hold water as other locally available vehicles ARE fitted with the tech )

The next couple of years will see a flood of new EV makes and models that we will be able to purchase.

Kia needs to think about that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Other cars already offer app support (this is already going to be added to Hyundai and Kia just not on the cars we want). Why would the emergency call function be an issue? Just don't enabled if it is, I don't see how this would be a show stopper.

We also already have cars on our road with level 2 driving automony so this is not the issue. If anything, all of this is most likely due to component shortages and AUS/NZ simply getting the short end of the stick.
I said the same thing to the guy who gave me this opinion. What he did say, is that other car makers actually take the emergency calls themselves and THEN forward them if necessary to the authorities. KIA connect, on the other hand, forwards the call directly to the emergency numbers. I agree that I cannot see why that would be a show stopper, but I am struggling to understand why KIA would not include a feature that is standard everywhere else. It probably costs them more to omit it !!!
Regarding driving autonomy, I only know of Tesla with that feature in Australia. Tesla have a more relaxed attitude to dealing with regulation - I think KIA are more conservative.
One feature that we are not getting is the matrix headlamps - Intelligent Front Lighting System. That is standard on most of the GT-Lines overseas except US/Canada where it is not allowed. I had a similar feature on my 2015 Mazda 6 Atenza. So I cannot fathom out why KIA did not include it. If I am not mistaken, it is available in the NZ models.(unless of course, it is due to component shortages - I believe Polestar stopped providing the Matrix headlamps because of that reason)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has KIA released any pricing information on the GT ?
Not official Kia pricing, but this article popped up today speculating on the Australian price based on just-announced UK pricing.

Short story: a guess of $94,500 plus on roads ($105,000 drive-away).

·
Registered
91 Posts
I reduced it enough to mean I'll take it before July 1
Good for you !
I will be picking up my baby early next week - Wednesday the latest.
I have told the dealer that I will be picking up some accessories after the sale - floor mats etc.
I am lining up a place (not KIA) where they apply ceramic paint treatment - that will cost around $1100 for paint, alloy wheels, glass and interior treatment. I have used these guys with all the cars that I have bought over the years. The paint stays immaculate for years - no need to polish, in fact, they tell you NOT to polish.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was originally leaning towards a black licence plate but I'm digging the white plate with black text. How does the white colour (of the licence plate) hold up over time?
It holds well. On my previous car, which was red, I had customised the plate to be red on white. The white was still as good as new after 7 years. I had had the car treated with a ceramic coating (which included the plates) Maybe that helped.......
Incidentally, this is the first new car that I did not have to fix up the tyre pressures after delivery! Usually the tyres are inflated to around 50PSI as it helps to stabilise the vehicle during transport. Some dealers forget to adjust the pressure down. (36 PSI for the EV6). It might be worthwhile to check your tyres if you have just taken delivery.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got my generic response from Kia re HDA2 and Kia Connect.

"There are no present plans to include the features you have mentioned in the trailing email, if in the future there is a change to these plans announcements will be made n the Media."

I specifically asked about future availability, current availability, and retrofitting of existing models.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did a bit of snooping in the car.....No WIFI is available although the hardware is installed. There is no voice command unless you are using Android auto / Apple carplay. And of course, no KIA Connect or HDA2....
I tried to look up the KIA update site (Australia) to look for potential map updates - the EV6 is not even listed among the models.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

It kind of takes some of the shine off the purchase when you see these deliberate omissions.. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
It kind of takes some of the shine off the purchase when you see these deliberate omissions.. :(
Honestly mate dont feel too bad about it. I have been contemplating cancelling my order due to the above items not being available. But in the end I saw a white EV6 driving around my area last week and I knew cancellation wasnt an option :D. Its still a great car, and won Wheels COTY despite not having HDA2 and Connect. I have decided I will get it regardless (whenever it actually arrives). Some of the items above are ones that I would use rarely anyway (voice recog for example). It might not have HDA2 but will still follow lanes and active cruise, which is kinda the most important part. WiFi and Connect would be handy, so they are the main regrets, but in the end not deal breakers.

501 - 520 of 548 Posts