Kia EV6 Forum banner
521 - 540 of 548 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honestly mate dont feel too bad about it. I have been contemplating cancelling my order due to the above items not being available. But in the end I saw a white EV6 driving around my area last week and I knew cancellation wasnt an option :D. Its still a great car, and won Wheels COTY despite not having HDA2 and Connect. I have decided I will get it regardless (whenever it actually arrives). Some of the items above are ones that I would use rarely anyway (voice recog for example). It might not have HDA2 but will still follow lanes and active cruise, which is kinda the most important part. WiFi and Connect would be handy, so they are the main regrets, but in the end not deal breakers.
I think a bunch of us are in the same boat. I have driven the car a few times now and it is amazing. I really do not want to cancel my order either but I am happy to push out my order a bit more just in case - my wait time is still end of 2023 anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad my order for the amazing GT will be next year. Time to get some of this "sillyness" sorted. ( looking at you Kia Australia )
I wouldn't count on getting these things sorted in the next 6 months or so, though you never know.
I have money down on a GT as well, but am learning that it's missing a few things that I would have liked.
  • No Kia Connect (and maybe unable to have it retrofitted)
  • Possibly no sunroof (not a big deal to me, but kinda nice sometimes)
  • Sports seats with no power adjustment or driver memory, and no ventilation (I really liked the ventilation in the GT-Line seats!)
It will still be amazing, but not... perfect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll shoot an email off to Kia AUS ......
Maybe a bunch of us should go into our local dealership and ask them to voice to Kia HQ about how customers are annoyed at the lack of Kia Connect. It might carry more weight coming from dealers than email from random people on the internet.

But then again, with a huge backlog of orders already, there is zero real pressure for Kia to need to change anything.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
I’ll mention it to my dealer tomorrow when I pick her up as Kia connect would be good.
I have posted this before...I got this from Kia Head Office in various emails some months back..
EV6 missed out on the Telematics hardware
Australia side just isn't ready
First vehicle to get Kia Connect will be SG2 Niro
Then after than, every facelift and New Model
It won't be until the facelift of EV6, will it adopt Kia Connect

The current EV6 head unit doesn't include the onboard Modem, and Sim Card

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hope that maybe KIA would consider retrofitting the missing hardware when this is resolved.
It's not inconceivable - on my previous Mazda vehicle, Mazda introduced Android auto a few years after I bought my unit. I was able to purchase the provision and fitting of the Android auto hardware into my vehicle.
In the meantime, I am really pleased with the EV6, despite these omissions.
Lastly, the lack of a spare wheel really bothers me. This is not unique to the EV6 or to KIA for that matter. I asked the dealer what happens if I use the "stuff" (for lack of a better expletive) in the mobility kit. Not only does it ruin the tyre but it also destroys the TPMS sensor.
If you have ever been caught without a working spare wheel on a freeway, you will know that it is an experience to be avoided.
I considered buying a full size wheel, but it does take up a fair bit of room in the back.
I have finally decided to spend a bit more money and get a spacesaver wheel from www.modernspare.com . They do ship to Australia. Currently they are out of stock of the EV6 wheels, but I placed a reservation order. You can get a full kit which includes a jack, lug wrench as well as a soft case to hold the whole lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As our emails to Kia get completely ignored,I have taken to commenting on posts in the KIA Australia FaceBook page. I'm being completely respectful but just pointing out the facts that we have mentioned here. Probably wont change anything, but who can say. Worth a shot. I suggest you try it as well. Its harder for them to make the Facebook comment go away as it is to send an email dismissing us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received another reply from KIA New Zealand that OTA will be introduced with the EV9 first, together with the Highway Driving Pilot.
From 2025, all new Kia vehicles will be equipped with class-leading connected car features. With the availability of OTA software update (Over-the-Air) and FoD (Feature-on-Demand) services across the Kia line-up, customers will be able to keep their vehicles up-to-date with various features and technologies.

I think this reply is just a copy/paste from the KIA 2030 roadmap....
Kia roadmap 2030

But again - they say "major markets"

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope that maybe KIA would consider retrofitting the missing hardware when this is resolved.
It's not inconceivable - on my previous Mazda vehicle, Mazda introduced Android auto a few years after I bought my unit. I was able to purchase the provision and fitting of the Android auto hardware into my vehicle.
In the meantime, I am really pleased with the EV6, despite these omissions.
Lastly, the lack of a spare wheel really bothers me. This is not unique to the EV6 or to KIA for that matter. I asked the dealer what happens if I use the "stuff" (for lack of a better expletive) in the mobility kit. Not only does it ruin the tyre but it also destroys the TPMS sensor.
If you have ever been caught without a working spare wheel on a freeway, you will know that it is an experience to be avoided.
I considered buying a full size wheel, but it does take up a fair bit of room in the back.
I have finally decided to spend a bit more money and get a spacesaver wheel from www.modernspare.com . They do ship to Australia. Currently they are out of stock of the EV6 wheels, but I placed a reservation order. You can get a full kit which includes a jack, lug wrench as well as a soft case to hold the whole lot.
Ron i like the idea of the spare wheel and its associated bits, all the info on that has gone over my head when i read the specs, so it will fit our 20" wheels i presume. did they give you any idea of timing? cheers Michelle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wheels mag compared the EV6 base model with the Model Y and the EV6 basically won! I was a little bit suprised as many other reviews favour Teslas in comparison. I generally trust Wheens mag as they are very thorough. Anyway it does highlight that the EV6 really is a great bit of kit even taking into account the stuff we dont get.
Now just wish mine would arrive!
EV6 vs Tesla Wheels comparison

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ron i like the idea of the spare wheel and its associated bits, all the info on that has gone over my head when i read the specs, so it will fit our 20" wheels i presume. did they give you any idea of timing? cheers Michelle
Mitch
Our wheels have an overall 28.5 inch diameter. This is the same for the Air and the GT-line even though one has a 19" hub and the other a 20" hub. It's all in the aspect ratio of the tyre.
This spare is an 18" hub, however the tyre's aspect ratio is such that it ends up being a 28.5 inch wheel, exactly the same as the GT-Line and the Air. The only difference is that the width of the tyre is 155mm rather than the 255mm of the normal GT-line tyre. It is a temporary tyre - speed limited to 80km/h.
I have heard from them and they are currently waiting on the tyres which they expect late in July.
Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mitch
Our wheels have an overall 28.5 inch diameter. This is the same for the Air and the GT-line even though one has a 19" hub and the other a 20" hub. It's all in the aspect ratio of the tyre.
This spare is an 18" hub, however the tyre's aspect ratio is such that it ends up being a 28.5 inch wheel, exactly the same as the GT-Line and the Air. The only difference is that the width of the tyre is 155mm rather than the 255mm of the normal GT-line tyre. It is a temporary tyre - speed limited to 80km/h.
I have heard from them and they are currently waiting on the tyres which they expect late in July.
Cheers
thanks Ron, looks like the way to go, i cant seem to find how much it would cost me to replace the tyre if i used the "stuff" to fix it , any idea?
:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Check out these tyre prices from JAX. Buy Wheels Online & In Store - Wheels From $79 | JAX Tyres & Auto
These are for the Hyundai Ioniq5 which is identical to the EV6. JAX have not yet included the EV6 in their vehicle database.
Plus $30 - $50 for a TPMS sensor. (This is the sensor that sends the tyre pressure information back to the dashboard.)
The other concern of not having a physical spare wheel is that if the damage happens to the sidewall of the tyre, the KIA provided kit is of no use. In that case, most probably the tyre will need replacing anyway, but at least with a spare wheel you can actually drive to the tyre shop...
The other (cheaper) option is to actually buy a full size wheel and use that as the spare. I concluded that it would take up too much room in the back (around 100 litres of space) whereas the spacesaver takes up around half that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
damage happens to the sidewall of the tyre
I've had a 10mm bolt go through the sidewall near the edge of the tyre before in my old car which also didn't come with a spare but gave a pump and sealant goo, didn't expect that it'd work this way but the goo was good enough to seal the leak and I was able to drive to a shop for a replacement. Had the bolt not stayed stuck in there or had it been a gash instead then I wouldn't expect the goo to do much and it would definitely been much better to have a space saver in that instance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To anyone who knows for certain (eg. those who have taken possession of an EV6), does the Australian car support the feature where you can use the key remote to drive the car forwards or backwards? Since we're missing so many other things that the overseas markets have, I'm wondering about this too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To anyone who knows for certain (eg. those who have taken possession of an EV6), does the Australian car support the feature where you can use the key remote to drive the car forwards or backwards? Since we're missing so many other things that the overseas markets have, I'm wondering about this too.
I haven't done it but it does, the dealer told me how to. 😁

521 - 540 of 548 Posts