Kia EV6 Forum banner
621 - 640 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yay! My Melbourne dealer rang to say my car is on the water; likely to be in my hands before end August. Blue AWD GT-Line.

Dealer also wondered whether Kia Australia had got an increase on Australia’s allocation of 600 EV6’s for 2022. Kia were asking that dealer about more orders. I was later rung & cheekily asked "what colour did I want" by a different dealer who I had originally enquired with but not progressed with coz they were so #!*^%# to talk to, which fits with the additional possible allocation to Australia. Optimistic implications?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yay! My Melbourne dealer rang to say my car is on the water; likely to be in my hands before end August. Blue AWD GT-Line.

Dealer also wondered whether Kia Australia had got an increase on Australia’s allocation of 600 EV6’s for 2022. Kia were asking that dealer about more orders. I was later rung & cheekily asked "what colour did I want" by a different dealer who I had originally enquired with but not progressed with coz they were so #!*^%# to talk to, which fits with the additional possible allocation to Australia. Optimistic implications?
Can I ask which Melbourne dealer.
I am number 3 in line so any movement is good for me
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered from Essendon Kia. Happy with them, too. Won't defame the one I didn't progress with :)

No, I received no prior advice about delivery, & have religiously had a 3 weekly conversation with my dealer since ordering end January.

Essendon said I was No 3 of 7 they'd got allocated in the original 500 allocated to Oz. However, I believe production didn't supply in the sequence that customers ordered e.g. Air's & RWD may have been prioritised over AWD's, & colours may have further changed the delivery sequence. I also suspect Kia may have tried to spread deliveries around the country for equity’s sake. But maybe I’m being overly generous!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I ordered in January I was 6th in line
I ordered RWD GT-Line in Black or Red.
I don't know if cars had been delivered to push me up the chain or people got sick of waiting.
I suspect the release of the Tesla Y had something to do with it as people change their preference

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’d be grateful for thoughts about Type 2 to Type 2 charging cables for charging when you’re away from home or work & needing to charge at a universal charging station. I believe they aren’t included by Kia – but disagree if you reckon I’m wrong.

If not included, what length will you get? I’m told by Jetcharge that they normally sell 5 meter. They mention that the longer 7m is somewhat bulky and heavy, so not as easy to carry around. But will 5 meters normally be long enough in most situations, particularly when out of large cities?

What Type 2 to Type 2 cable length do you have, or plan to have, please?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’d be grateful for thoughts about Type 2 to Type 2 charging cables for charging when you’re away from home or work & needing to charge at a universal charging station. I believe they aren’t included by Kia – but disagree if you reckon I’m wrong.

If not included, what length will you get? I’m tol by Jetcharge that they normally sell 5 meter. They mention that the longer 7m is somewhat bulky and heavy, so not as easy to carry around. But will 5 meters normally be long enough in most situations, particularly when out of large cities?

Type 2 to Type 2 EV charging cable (Not Included). Your EV6 comes with portable granny charger with standard domestic plug, you can change the settings to 6, 8 10 amps, including your V2L adapter (GT line only) in KIA bag.

Its personal preference, We have 22kw - 7 metres cable, which I keep in the KIA bag. Check your charging locations easy of parking, where's the charger positioned, one way streets, will I receive a fine for reverse parking into spot, etc

·
Registered
107 Posts

If not included, what length will you get? I’m told by Jetcharge that they normally sell 5 meter. They mention that the longer 7m is somewhat bulky and heavy, so not as easy to carry around. But will 5 meters normally be long enough in most situations, particularly when out of large cities?

You are correct - KIA do not supply a Type 2 to Type 2 cable. What comes with the car is the mains trickle charger, which can charge at 10Amps - this means that it would take around 30 hours to fully charge a dead battery. This is still useful, as you will hopefully never have a dead battery, and you wouldn't need to fully charge it anyway.
In answer to your question regarding the length of the cable, I got myself a 5 metre unit from Evolution Australia. I have not used it at a public charger yet, but I reckon it is a good compromise as a longer cable would get bulky.
Whatever you buy make sure you get a 22kW cable (ie 3 phase). This would allow the EV6 to charge at its maximum AC capability of 11 kW.
I paid $249, including freight, for mine.
Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dropped into the Rockingham dealer this morning.
White AWD GT-Line demo on display. Got to have a good llok over it and was really impressed with the quality.
Sales manager handed me the key and asked if i'd like a drive ?

HELL YES !!

Gotta say, i'm still shaking. Such an impressive car.

Confirmed my decision to order. The wait continues !
I also ordered with Rockingham in April for just a white air. The bloke there was great, rocked up and had a look through while he was selling another car. Sat down and ordered the car then rocked up next day and he threw the keys at me and said have fun.
Haven’t heard much since, called to see what was happening with the price rise as I only went the air for the rebate, he had no idea there was a price rise then said he’d contact me if it did affect me, that was a few weeks ago now but still nothing.

Not sure I’m gonna get it at this stage now, if I knew the price would rise I would’ve just got the GT line rwd but now I can’t swap without losing my spot haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
Phoned my KIA dealer to see if ther was any progress on my order. They said they would get back to me but ....crickets.
Will be putting my name down for the IONIQ 6 as well, so it may be a race to see which one is available first.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also ordered with Rockingham in April for just a white air. The bloke there was great, rocked up and had a look through while he was selling another car. Sat down and ordered the car then rocked up next day and he threw the keys at me and said have fun.
Haven’t heard much since, called to see what was happening with the price rise as I only went the air for the rebate, he had no idea there was a price rise then said he’d contact me if it did affect me, that was a few weeks ago now but still nothing.

Not sure I’m gonna get it at this stage now, if I knew the price would rise I would’ve just got the GT line rwd but now I can’t swap without losing my spot haha
No harm in trying your luck with the dealer - you never know. My two bits worth is that you don't want to spend all that money on a model trim that you are not really keen on. If that means waiting, then so be it - the upside is that some of the outstanding teething problems (Meridian failures, tailgate misalignment, KIA Connect...) will have been sorted out.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I followed up with my dealer, given my car is on the boat and due soon, and given some of the commentary on this an other forums regarding when the price rise comes into effect. Here's the response after he raised it with Kia:

Vehicles cannot be invoiced to dealers until they have landed and been made complianced.

Your vehicle is due to arrive on 05/08 which unfortunately means it will not be exempt from the price rise.

I would imagine those on the forums have cars already delivered or have already landed in Aus

Obviously not the answer I wanted, but the follow-up was quick when I asked the question.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I followed up with my dealer given some of the commentary on this an other forums regarding when the price rise comes into effect, here's the response

Vehicles cannot be invoiced to dealers until they have landed and been made complianced.

Your vehicle is due to arrive on 05/08 which unfortunately means it will not be exempt from the price rise.

I would imagine those on the forums have cars already delivered or have already landed in Aus

Obviously not the answer I wanted, but the follow-up was quick when I asked the question.
At least they bothered to get back to you. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interested in current owners views on rear and blindspot visibility in the EV6, given I know it's a concern of my wife. We have the GT-Line coming with all the tech, but I suppose we are all used to glancing over our shoulder and not relying on tech.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interested in current owners views on rear and blindspot visibility in the EV6, given I know it's a concern of my wife. We have the GT-Line coming with all the tech, but I suppose we are all used to glancing over our shoulder and not relying on tech.
It's not that bad really.... I have actually turned off the blind spot view in the cluster as I found it too distracting and invariably obscures other information on the dashboard while it is on. The side mirrors are convex and provide a decent view, plus the blind spot radar covers everything else.
The rear window is a bit on the small side, but the rear view camera as well as the 360 degree view make up for that.
Overall, I would not let that worry me....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I followed up with my dealer, given my car is on the boat and due soon, and given some of the commentary on this an other forums regarding when the price rise comes into effect. Here's the response after he raised it with Kia:

Thanks for the information. Noting that, will just keep my order in place and see what happens. I’m interested to see what the dealer can offer me. I’d be more than happy to pay a price increase after the sale through increased prices on accessories so I still get a government rebate but combining the two losses makes it not worth it in my eyes.

My plan B is the current failed attempt by Toyota, I’m in no big rush, worst thing that happens is I pay off my mortgage instead.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I finally got the call today letting me know that my Red Air has arrived in the country and will be ready for delivery this week, I received no info pior to this and i put my deposit down in Jan. Even though i called my dealer 10-12 times all the info i ever got from them was "we have no idea", I am so disgusted with Kia Australia during this time and now with the price increase i am considering not going ahead with the sale.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
I finally got the call today letting me know that my Red Air has arrived in the country and will be ready for delivery this week, I received no info pior to this and i put my deposit down in Jan. Even though i called my dealer 10-12 times all the info i ever got from them was "we have no idea", I am so disgusted with Kia Australia during this time and now with the price increase i am considering not going ahead with the sale.
I think your beef is with the dealer and not Kia Australia. I placed an order in November for my AWD GT Line. I had calls every few weeks and while dates were hard to get, I had plenty of good info on my questions like "Will I get Kia Connect? Will it be retrofitted? Why not?.... I know he got the info from Kia Head Office guys. On deliveries I knew that he was getting 4 cars in 2022 and I was getting his first one. I was given a build date and shipping info in enough time to watch the vessel come into port. If my dealer gave me that info then maybe he knows his way around the Kia Oz world better than others - but it is possible

621 - 640 of 697 Posts