Kia EV6 Forum banner
641 - 660 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
Interested in current owners views on rear and blindspot visibility in the EV6, given I know it's a concern of my wife. We have the GT-Line coming with all the tech, but I suppose we are all used to glancing over our shoulder and not relying on tech.
I had similar concern enough to keep my 2018 Peugeot 3008 in case my wife found it too hard. Not an issue at all, backing is done with cameras, we use the blind spot in dash but not that much. I don't think you'll have an issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think your beef is with the dealer and not Kia Australia. I placed an order in November for my AWD GT Line. I had calls every few weeks and while dates were hard to get, I had plenty of good info on my questions like "Will I get Kia Connect? Will it be retrofitted? Why not?.... I know he got the info from Kia Head Office guys. On deliveries I knew that he was getting 4 cars in 2022 and I was getting his first one. I was given a build date and shipping info in enough time to watch the vessel come into port. If my dealer gave me that info then maybe he knows his way around the Kia Oz world better than others - but it is possible
You are prob right as i told hime i know people getting dates of build and shipments and he told me that there is no way to know and the other dealers must be making a guess

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think your beef is with the dealer and not Kia Australia. I placed an order in November for my AWD GT Line. I had calls every few weeks and while dates were hard to get, I had plenty of good info on my questions like "Will I get Kia Connect? Will it be retrofitted? Why not?.... I know he got the info from Kia Head Office guys. On deliveries I knew that he was getting 4 cars in 2022 and I was getting his first one. I was given a build date and shipping info in enough time to watch the vessel come into port. If my dealer gave me that info then maybe he knows his way around the Kia Oz world better than others - but it is possible
sounds like you had a good dealer!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It seems like the GT is still on track for first deliveries in 2022. 😀
2023 Kia EV6 GT due in Australia this year with local tuning - Drive

I'm hoping that I might get an awesome Christmas present.
But really want to know if the GT (and other MY23 cars) will be fitted with Kia Connect yet.

Edit: That same news about a handful of GTs landing here for local tuning is popping up on lots of news sites now.
This article includes a lot of photos.
Kia Is Readying The EV6 GT For Australian Roads | Carscoops

·
Registered
18 Posts
You are prob right as i told hime i know people getting dates of build and shipments and he told me that there is no way to know and the other dealers must be making a guess
I don’t think this would stop me getting the EV6. My dealer hasn’t been the best but as long as everything goes right, you shouldn’t have to deal with them much after delivery compared to the time you spend with the car.

But this whole process and then the spit in the face by Kia to up the prices and not guarantee the original price on the contract, it’s disappointing, especially when you compare the price guarantees overseas and the other regions getting a generally better car.

I feel if you’re going the air, you’re going it like me in the fact that you want a entry to the EV space but you want your best bang for buck. For me at least, this was the best option in WA with the rebate, now that’s out the window you have to be honest with yourself. The car is in the same price bracket now as the Kia Niro EV GT line and that things got all the same features and more, including the Kia connect, so why would you pay more for a car with less?

If I do get offered it at the original price, I’ll still take it but I doubt I will and then it’s going to be hard to get me back for a future Kia knowing what I’ve been through. Worst thing is now is that the dealer probably knows I’m gonna get the new pricing but may as well keep my deposit until my delivery date. Hopefully more air orders are cancelled and it sends Kia some sort of message.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Slightly different topic, but has anyone got any experience with Kia's Protection Package? I was going to get Gyeon Quartz Ceramic paint protection and Ceramic tint but Kia offered me a competitive price on their own branded product. The only negative is the tint isn't ceramic but the price is pretty good. Apparently Kia are the only company that has it's own product and they guarantee it for life

·
Registered
49 Posts
Updated my order to blue.

My dealership had a blue AWD as a demo. It looks really good and I'm glad I got to see the blue in person.

Enquired about the price increase. Apparently some customers are priced locked, some aren't. He is waiting on information from head office about how to proceed before updating customers.

Also mentioned about waiting for at least the MY24 which he said he'll leave a note about. Not sure what that means, I guess bumping other people up in the queue. Also seems like Kia aren't communication much with the dealership as he wasn't aware the current model wasn't weren't getting app connectivity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

We're picking up our Air on Tuesday. Contract was for red but settled for grey as this meant we could get it now. We're both happy with the colour and the test drive. There's some trim on the dash that looks a bit naff like grey office carpet but like everything else about the car. Dealer is honouring original contract price from February thank goodness. Question for the forum. Have you set your battery charge limit to 80% as per the manual (best practice to maintain life of the battery) and would 90% be a good compromise between range and battery maintenance?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you set your battery charge limit to 80% as per the manual (best practice to maintain life of the battery) and would 90% be a good compromise between range and battery maintenance?
80% I assumed would be fine for daily commuting, assuming you can charge up overnight. 90% - 100% would be for road trips (I would think anyway).

·
Registered
49 Posts
View attachment 7916

We're picking up our Air on Tuesday. Contract was for red but settled for grey as this meant we could get it now. We're both happy with the colour and the test drive. There's some trim on the dash that looks a bit naff like grey office carpet but like everything else about the car. Dealer is honouring original contract price from February thank goodness. Question for the forum. Have you set your battery charge limit to 80% as per the manual (best practice to maintain life of the battery) and would 90% be a good compromise between range and battery maintenance?
It looks great mate!

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 7916

Looks great,
Can i ask how your dealer is honouring the original price as my air has just come in and they say that they cant as its set by Kia Australia not the dealer. Any info would help. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great,
Can i ask how your dealer is honouring the original price as my air has just come in and they say that they cant as its set by Kia Australia not the dealer. Any info would help. thanks
Sounds like the vehicle may have landed before the price increase, dealer demonstrator, cancelled contract order/didn't meet terms & conditions subject to test drive, specifications. As Cattleya said contract was for runway red, settled for grey as it was available now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have come across references that quote that charging outside the 10% - 80 % range is slower than charging within that range. I have charged my battery to 90% a couple of times, but if I am going on a long trip, I would probably charge to 100%.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great,
Hi Brenan sorry no further information. Car isn't ex-demonstrator, we tracked the ship which arrived a couple of weeks ago. I think someone in this forum mentioned it is based on the build date (original price if build started prior to increase, new price if build started after increase) so that might be it. Also with the release of the Telsa Y there's now some competition. I think there is an earlier post where someone said nah to the price increase and the dealer then backtracked and agreed to original price so maybe read back a bit and check in with that poster to see how that panned out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This lack of visibility and clarity from Kia regarding the price rise is disappointing - as I am being asked to pay it, and my car lands this week, and was likely manufactured prior to the rise being announced.

On another note, does the GT-Line come with mudguards, it's not clear anywhere that I can see? If it doesn't, have others negotiated to get them thrown in as part of the deal? Thanks.

·
Registered
2022, Kia, EV6, GT-Line, AWD & 2014 HSV GenF GTS
2 Posts
I originally put down a deposit in Oct 2021 for a Blue GT-Line AWD, though the initial contract was for a Sorento, but in the notes said "Actually an EV6" as they could not put EV6 in the system back then.

Then in about Feb, the dealer took delivery of a Black GT-Line RWD, so I got to have a test drive.

Then many months of silence, except an updated contract for the correct car with a correct price.

Then July hit and on the 2nd I got the call that my car was on the boat, and would hit the dealer around Jul 29th.
I did some research, and found out about the details about changes to LCT. I queried the dealer if that would affect the price. Turns out that yes the LCT had reduced, but the initial $3,300 discount had also reduced by the exact same amount, so same final price (who would have thought).

While still mulling over how pissed off I should be about that, got the call about the price rise, but if I could pay in July (even with delivery early Aug), I would avoid that. So payment went through on 28th.

The car hit the dealer's delivery workshop a week early, and I should be picking it up tomorrow. (Though probably without the tow bar yet was the last advice).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I originally put down a deposit in Oct 2021 for a Blue GT-Line AWD, though the initial contract was for a Sorento, but in the notes said "Actually an EV6" as they could not put EV6 in the system back then.
Mine was the same. In December 2021 my dealer wrote up the contract for a Niro rather than an EV6 and put some comments on the bottom that it was for a car not yet in the system. That worked OK for me since I got my car in April and I was very flexible on colour and even spec stating I would take an Air or a RWD GT-L depending on availability.

Ended up with the Air and if you never knew the GT-L existed, you'd be blissfully happy. Sure there are a few extra things I would have liked but this won't be my last EV so there's always next time. I'm glad I never drove an AWD and will deliberately avoid doing so because of FOMO.

641 - 660 of 698 Posts