Kia EV6 Forum banner
781 - 800 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
For us the fault was: the unit made a constant beeping sound for hours after a couple of days. Then it would start a continuous re-boot cycle. After a while it died altogether. When I talked to the local installer they said that of the 10 previous installs they did 3 seemed defective. One was dead straight out of the box. I googled around and found a bunch of other problem examples online. EVolution also confirmed that there had been a problem batch of Zappis. Hopefully the 24hr bench test will be enough to sort out the problem units.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is there many people here still waiting for a car?
Ha! I'm still waiting on an official launch of my car (the GT) to hear pricing and detailed specification, to know if I still want to follow through with my order! We must be one of the last countries in the OECD to get launch details. Even New Zealand has announced it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wonder if the up coming GT will be the "refreshed" version ?
That, and the price are my key questions.
The refreshed version should include Kia Connect. But based on the NZ prices, I expect it will be over my budget. UK converted price was manageable, but NZ copped a huge mark up and I expect we will too. I just wanna know, dammit!

·
Registered
44 Posts
But based on the NZ prices, I expect [the GT] will be over my budget. UK converted price was manageable, but NZ copped a huge mark up and I expect we will too. I just wanna know, dammit!
Ooh, I just did some NZ-AU price comparisons for the GT-Line.
The GT-Line costs NZD$111,990 + ORC in NZ, which converts to AUD$99,743.
I think the Australian price for the same car is AUD$87,690 + ORC.
That's quite a difference!

The key takeaway is that maybe, just maybe, the insane cost of the GT announced in NZ might not be reflective of the Australian cost. 🤞
I'm speculating it will be around $110k plus on roads here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seen this crazy number today that New Zealand has sold 625 while australia is at 426 YTD. I’d probably say nz has sold more of the non gt line trims but regardless, think it’s crazy they’ve managed to get more into the country than Australia. To make things worse, Australia’s only been confirmed for 600 cars in 2022 meaning we won’t overtake nz anytime soon and that our delivery rate should fall off as the year progresses.

Getting pretty frustrated seeing people in New Zealand get delivered the same car Months after when I ordered. Props to Kia New Zealand but honestly Kia australia wth

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw my first definitely wild EV6 other than my own other day. I've seen a couple others but pretty sure they were dealer demo's. This one however was Runway Red and GT Line, same as me and in Ellenbrook, same as me. What are the odds?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seen this crazy number today that New Zealand has sold 625 while australia is at 426 YTD. I’d probably say nz has sold more of the non gt line trims but regardless, think it’s crazy they’ve managed to get more into the country than Australia. To make things worse, Australia’s only been confirmed for 600 cars in 2022 meaning we won’t overtake nz anytime soon and that our delivery rate should fall off as the year progresses.

Getting pretty frustrated seeing people in New Zealand get delivered the same car Months after when I ordered. Props to Kia New Zealand but honestly Kia australia wth
Pretty frustrating that the best car in the world has terrible support from the distributors and the dealers.

Customer service does not take any huge amount of money or effort, and yet Kia Australia are failing at both.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could you share your ideas about how far we can drive between charging when doing longish trips, please? It’s hugely important when planning our holidays. I ask having just returned from driving Melbourne-Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne.

My view is that we seem to need to take 100km off Kia’s WLTP laboratory distances when we drive at 100km/hour on highways & use our air con/heating, or take off 120km when we do that at night with headlights & windscreen wipers.

So GT-Line’s AWD WLTP range of 484km when the car is 100% charged really means we can travel less than 380km between charging stops during the day, & 360km between charging stops at night.

Does that fit with your views? Or is my experience untypical?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey EV6 owners. My car has been charging at home fine now the new Zappi has been installed. This Zappi seems to be reliable which is great.

I wanted to ask what you need to do for charging on the road. I have the Plugshare app, but I have heard some chargers need a supporting app. Some just need a credit card. Some are free.

What apps might I need to download before I go on a trip, or can I do most of this with a credit card swipe?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey EV6 owners. My car has been charging at home fine now the new Zappi has been installed. This Zappi seems to be reliable which is great.

I wanted to ask what you need to do for charging on the road. I have the Plugshare app, but I have heard some chargers need a supporting app. Some just need a credit card. Some are free.

What apps might I need to download before I go on a trip, or can I do most of this with a credit card swipe?
Chargefox is the one I have been using so far. Guess it depends where you are and who owns the chargers in your area

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think I might get a Tesla destination charger adapter as well. There are quite a few of those chargers around, and it gives me more options on a trip.
I may have misunderstood the post, but I don't believe that non-Tesla vehicles are allowed to charge at Tesla charging stations in Australia. This may change further down the track.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I may have misunderstood the post, but I don't believe that non-Tesla vehicles are allowed to charge at Tesla charging stations in Australia. This may change further down the track.
Tesla destination chargers aren't Tesla chargers exactly. They are an AC charger capable of up to 22kw depending on the model. Believe some are Tesla exclusive, some aren't. Didn't know you needed any form of adapter though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've recently returned from a Melbourne-Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne trip & used Plugshare, Chargefox & Evie. Those 3 covered all non-Tesla chargers I encountered, including the free NRMA ones.

On Tesla, I've read they'll make their chargers available to non-Tesla's in Australia early next year. They've done that in a dozen or so countries so far. You'll need a Tesla account. Jetcharge say no adaptor will be needed for us to use the Tesla chargers.

I saw heaps of Teslas on the road but no Kia EV6s. Didn't have to wait at any location for a non-Tesla charging spot. That's despite some Teslas charging at the non-Tesla chargers coz it can be a faster charge if there's lots of them drawing current from the Tesla charging banks. Tesla also is said to be a bit more expensive e.g. 66c vs 60c at one of the places I charged at. Tesla are said to be taking orders at the rate of thousands each month in Australia so they may overwhelm the non-Tesla charging stations in the foreseeable future.

781 - 800 of 834 Posts