Kia EV6 Forum banner
801 - 820 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Apparently the first Australian deliveries of the GT have been pushed back to January 2023.
So no nice Christmas present for me.
(I may not buy the GT anyway, but still holding out a vague hope for the price and features I want)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like I probably won’t be getting an ev6 after all. Ordered the air 6 months ago for the rebate in WA. With the price increase I won’t receive the rebate and it seems the Rockingham dealership aren’t going to honour the price which is sad considering I’ve read probably more have honoured than not. I’m still holding onto my pre order with the hope that maybe one day Kia australia will reduce the price down to what the kiwis are currently paying which is the original price but my experience over the past 6 months is whoever is steering the Kia australia ship is blind.
Anyways all the best to this community, might be one of yous one day but I doubt it, sounds like I’ll be driving a Subaru or Volkswagen ev next year instead

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks like I probably won’t be getting an ev6 after all. Ordered the air 6 months ago for the rebate in WA. With the price increase I won’t receive the rebate and it seems the Rockingham dealership aren’t going to honour the price which is sad considering I’ve read probably more have honoured than not. I’m still holding onto my pre order with the hope that maybe one day Kia australia will reduce the price down to what the kiwis are currently paying which is the original price but my experience over the past 6 months is whoever is steering the Kia australia ship is blind.
Anyways all the best to this community, might be one of yous one day but I doubt it, sounds like I’ll be driving a Subaru or Volkswagen ev next year instead
If my GT ever turns up, I expect the dealer to be very happy with the price I will have to pay.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone purchased a Tesla TAP for use with destination charges, etc? Are there any concerns purchasing one through Amazon in the US, or is there an Australian based seller that people are aware of? Any comments appreciated. Thanks. Amazon.com
My understanding is that the Tesla chargers in Oz all use the Type 2 plug anyway, so unless its a Tesla gen 1 Roadster, I think the Tesla chargers should all fit the EV6. Different story if they will allow a charge to a non Tesla though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am next in line at my dealership for delivery, having started at 6 in January when I placed my deposit
,Can members please advise what is the best home charger that I can get and where from.
I am in Melbourne

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am next in line at my dealership for delivery, having started at 6 in January when I placed my deposit
,Can members please advise what is the best home charger that I can get and where from.
I am in Melbourne
Congratulations - hope you get your delivery soon.
I use a Zappi charger - it comes in single phase or 3 phase. It's a smart charger, in that it can detect and use any excess solar generation to charge the car. It's not the cheapest, but I like it.
I got mine from Evolution Australia - EVolution | Portable and Wall EV Electric Car Chargers Australia NZ They are actually based in Melbourne.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've heard that insurance for EVs is wildly expensive, possibly because of the high cost of repairs and easy write-off.

Does anyone want to volunteer what sort of insurance costs they have for their EV6? Or how it compared to their previous car insurance?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've heard that insurance for EVs is wildly expensive, possibly because of the high cost of repairs and easy write-off.

Does anyone want to volunteer what sort of insurance costs they have for their EV6? Or how it compared to their previous car insurance?
These insurance questions are always impacted by many more factors than the make and model of the car. Postcode is a huge determinant, followed by driver profile, especially age.

That said, my EV6 cost $980 for comprehensive insurance in QLD 4300. That's not too bad. Whether they can actually get parts to repair it in the case of an accident...that's a different matter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congratulations - hope you get your delivery soon.
I use a Zappi charger - it comes in single phase or 3 phase. It's a smart charger, in that it can detect and use any excess solar generation to charge the car. It's not the cheapest, but I like it.
I got mine from Evolution Australia - EVolution | Portable and Wall EV Electric Car Chargers Australia NZ They are actually based in Melbourne.
I have a Zappi as well and this one works really well. The previous one came from a bad batch of Zappis and failed before its first charge. They replaced everything really fast though, and its great now.

One of the best charging solutions I have seen popped up last week. FRONIUS WATTPILOT GO. Its a 3 phase charger that you can install at home, but it also lets you take it with you on trips, so you can access 3 phase charging wherever you go. It also has an untethered type 2 cable attached, which is also handy. If I knew about this I would have looked into getting it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone else still waiting for delivery here heard anything lately? I still have no information on delivery time or price, actually was told by the dealer it could be another 6 months away but was anyones guess.

I've seen as of start of October, 426 have been delivered to Australia this year and their expecting around another 274 before years end, must be a big shipment coming in late Nov/Dec?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone else still waiting for delivery here heard anything lately? I still have no information on delivery time or price,
I have not heard anything since I last went into my dealership. On a side note, I saw a Genesis GV60 at my Hyundai dealer when I took my car into a service today. It looks even better in the flesh than in online media.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got the wallbox pulsar plus. It's quite a bit smaller than the Zappi which was too large to fit where we wanted it in our garage. Very happy with it and it is compatible with the ChargeHQ app (in beta) which means we only charge Evie from solar. Major props for ChargeHQ, great app. Have a dedicated 32amp line from the switchboard to the garage just for the charger so also got the electrician to install a higher amp socket off of this. This is a backup to use the level one charger just in case and it will charge a little bit faster than a regular socket. The level one charger that comes with the EV6 can be set to four charge levels (6, 8, 10 and 12A). See section 2.29 of the manual. This is a good article on EV charging. Insurance was the same as an ICE vehicle so no problems there. p.s: my wife and I love this car

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #814 ·

My EV6 insurance with Aami was cheaper than my insurance for my 3 year old Peugeot 3008...Melbourne based

·
Registered
44 Posts
For the Melbourne peeps, Kia Ferntree Gully currently has a matte grey GT-Line on their lot. Their demo vehicle is black, so I'm assuming this grey one is for sale - either second hand already or someone pulled out of a purchase.

Edit: Checked their website and it's listed there. It's RWD. They also have a black AWD GT-Line (not their demo car, which is not for sale).
They're not skimping on the mark up - the AWD GT-Line is listed as $105k plus government charges!

801 - 820 of 834 Posts