Kia EV6 Forum banner
821 - 834 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Charged mine to 100% first time yesterday. Didn't really pay much attention to the range until this morning though. At 97% it was showing 537km in eco mode. Pretty happy with that. 4000km in I have an average of 16.2kwh per 100 but often see figures in the mid 15s between charges and individual trips in the 13s

·
Registered
122 Posts
Charged mine to 100% first time yesterday. Didn't really pay much attention to the range until this morning though. At 97% it was showing 537km in eco mode. Pretty happy with that. 4000km in I have an average of 16.2kwh per 100 but often see figures in the mid 15s between charges and individual trips in the 13s
I drive in ECO mode and I must say that for my use, that provides with more than enough power.
I try to limit the use of the A/C, and use level 3 Auto regen. I get figures of around 6.9 km/kwh (around 14.5 kwh per 100). Mine is RWD only.
I have noticed that the range changes significantly if you go up a mountain. As you climb the mountain, the range just starts dropping - but then you get it all back on the way down the mountain (assuming you stick to regenerative braking)....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drive in ECO mode and I must say that for my use, that provides with more than enough power.
I try to limit the use of the A/C, and use level 3 Auto regen. I get figures of around 6.9 km/kwh (around 14.5 kwh per 100). Mine is RWD only.
I have noticed that the range changes significantly if you go up a mountain. As you climb the mountain, the range just starts dropping - but then you get it all back on the way down the mountain (assuming you stick to regenerative braking)....
I agree ECO mode has more than enough power for day to day driving, normal or sport for overtaking on highways/freeways if required.
Now that spring here getting well over 600Kms, Winter was around 550Kms.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I took my EV6 for its new car chck up at KIA. No problems so far, however they kept it overnight as it was caught up in a recall relating to the door lock mechanism, or the computer module that controls it. Seems to be a quick fix. Might be something for owners to look out for.

Also... getting mine ceramic coated today!!
I agree ECO mode has more than enough power for day to day driving, normal or sport for overtaking on highways/freeways if required.
Now that spring here getting well over 600Kms, Winter was around 550Kms.
That's great. I noticed that you had Level 0 braking... Is that your normal setting?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you hold the right hand regenerative braking paddle you get automatic regenerative braking which seems to work well and adapts to the situation. I am unhappy that Kia Australia has not selected Kia connect for Australia but it is available in the US and Canada, very stupid choice. For some reason each country selects features they want and the Australian choices so far seem stupid. No deep forest green colour either which is arguably the most attractive colour offered on the EV6 but only available in Canada. There are no plans to retrofit Kia Connect either so unless you wait to 2023 you will miss out on it. As the Kia representative said to me "read your contract" (apparently too expensive to retrofit) He was not particularly polite, but I imagine there are many people who expected this feature who are disappointed that they didn't get it and cant have it fitted, I know I am. There seems to be a lot of features which you see in videos which simply don't make it here. For instance rear indicators in some countries which run from top to bottom in sequence and looks quite good, once again available overseas but not in Oz :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
I drive on "Auto" regen setting. At 80% charge is says I have 420kms range (or so) which I think is pretty good. 100% charge should get into the 500kms range (AWD gtline). I like driving the auto setting as full regen feels unusual to me. It also allows the car to coast on the open roads, which is good for economy. I am usualy in the 14-15kwh/100kms on the dashboard. I drive in "Normal" mode.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Australian price for the GT has apparently been leaked. $99,590, or around $110k onroad. I'm actually impressed that it has stayed as theorised 10 months ago and it means it's still on the table for me.

I've slowly come around to acceptance of the pissy range. For 98% of my usage that will be fine. For the occasional longer road trip it will be a bit of a pain. But something I can accept for the thrills the rest of the time.

The thing I'm still struggling with is the possible lack of Kia Connect (though I'm ever hopeful that it will be included).
For those with an EV6 Air or GT-Line, does the lack of Kia Connect bother you? For example, if you're charging at a public charger, do you feel free to wander away from your vehicle and go get some food? If so, do you fuss about what time to return to your vehicle so that it's not taking up the charger when finished and annoying other queued people?

I'm also pretty keen for the remote climate control (eg. When the car has been baking in the sun, turn the AC on 5 minutes before I want to leave, so that it's already pleasant when I get in. No more sweltering in the car while I wait for the AC to get the temperature down. This might be especially useful since the GT doesn't have the ventilated seats.

I really want to get the GT and the price seems right, but I'm wondering whether to wait for a future uplifted model if the first release doesn't have Connect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really want to get the GT and the price seems right, but I'm wondering whether to wait for a future uplifted model if the first release doesn't have Connect.
While I'm not looking at the GT, I'm waiting for the facelift to see if/when they add the mobile features. If you aren't in a rush then there shouldn't be any harm in waiting. From my point of view, I don't really want buyers remorse on a $90k plus purchase.

I'd probably consider the GT of they brought back the heated and cooled electric seats.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Australian price for the GT has apparently been leaked. $99,590, or around $110k onroad. I'm actually impressed that it has stayed as theorised 10 months ago and it means it's still on the table for me.

I've slowly come around to acceptance of the pissy range. For 98% of my usage that will be fine. For the occasional longer road trip it will be a bit of a pain. But something I can accept for the thrills the rest of the time.

The thing I'm still struggling with is the possible lack of Kia Connect (though I'm ever hopeful that it will be included).
For those with an EV6 Air or GT-Line, does the lack of Kia Connect bother you? For example, if you're charging at a public charger, do you feel free to wander away from your vehicle and go get some food? If so, do you fuss about what time to return to your vehicle so that it's not taking up the charger when finished and annoying other queued people?

I'm also pretty keen for the remote climate control (eg. When the car has been baking in the sun, turn the AC on 5 minutes before I want to leave, so that it's already pleasant when I get in. No more sweltering in the car while I wait for the AC to get the temperature down. This might be especially useful since the GT doesn't have the ventilated seats.

Glad to hear that you are getting the model that you wished for.
I have had my GT-line RWD for almost 6 months now, and I am happy with my choice.
I have never charged at a public charger yet, but I have already created accounts with EVIE and Chargefox. My understanding and expectation is that when charging at those places, you can actually use their app to monitor the progress of the charge, rather than relying on Kia Connect.(I stand to be corrected on this...)
While it is a frustration to not have Kia Connect, particularly with other features such as Over the Air updates, it is not a deal breaker to me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #833 ·

No having Kia Connect is a little annoying but not a big issue. If you charge with the main public players (Chargefox etc), you can see 'how full' from their apps, or simply do the calc. If you were 50% charged on arrival and have a 77 kWh battery, then you know if will be full after adding 38.5kW...or at 80% after adding 23 (0.3 * 77)

This doesn't work when charging from an odd fashioned powerpoint

Doesn't allow remote aircon etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also agree that the lack of Kia Connect wouldnt be a deal breaker for me, although I was kinda vocal about it before the car arrived. The car makes up for it in so many other areas.
The ability to watch the cars charge would be nice, but at home my Zappi app tell me when its charging or not, so I kinda know how its going. Ive never had to charge away from home, but as the previous posters said, the chargers apps will often tell you the progress.
It is possible to turn on the Aircon remotely by basically holding the start car button on the key fob. This should keep the car locked, and the aircon on. You just have to be closeish to the car to do it. I have never tried it yet, but its an option.
I did hear that there were a bunch of EV6 and Ioniq5 owners overseas that complained about the 12V battery being flat early in the cars ownership. Customers that regularly use the Kia connect app are probably slowly draining the 12V battery when they use it. There are probably a bunch of other contributors to this as well I guess.
Anyway , love it so far!!

821 - 834 of 834 Posts