Kia EV6 Forum banner
841 - 860 of 890 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Yippy !!!! looks like the GT will be getting the Intelligent Front-lighting System (Matrix headlights) AND sequential indicators !!!!! happy happy days !!!

Fantastic. Hopefully they can bring this to the GT-Line in the future. Or maybe bring in electric seats to the GT which would make me reconsider my GT-Line order.

· Registered
100 Posts
Time to get that charger installed.
Decided to go with the Zappi as it will intergrate with my solar very well.
Forgoing feed in credit of $0.07/ kWh , a "full tank" will "cost" me just .......... $5.40 ;):cool:

Got to admit that i will NOT miss going to the petrol station..... AT ALL !

· Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone who has money down on a GT heard anything from dealers yet? In theory they should have stock available in late Jan (coinciding with the Aus Open tennis). Hopefully by now they have some idea of how many cars they will be getting, and therefore which customers will be getting them.

· Registered
100 Posts
Sorry, just saw your post, Dave. (And you certainly will be Speedy in the GT!)

What dealership have you ordered through, and what colour car?
Not a peep from Rockingham. But to be fair, the mothership has a reputation for keeping dealers in the dark.
My order is for the Yacht Blue. ( I really like that "Forrest green" that some countries are getting, but don't think it is even available in Aus )
I did talk to Mandurah dealer and he said they also had a blue GT on order?

· Registered
59 Posts
Kia has made a press release about the GT.
Launch will be during the Australian Open, as expected.

Still no Kia Connect.
Heated seats includes the rear seats though. Does the GTL heat the rear seats? Or only the front (also with ventilation)?

· Registered
100 Posts
I think the Australian GT-Line only heats and cools the front. The back seat heaters have been omitted.
Press release states that rear seats are heated. We will just have to wait and see when they physically arrive in showrooms.
Pretty sure there is no cooling though, which is a pity.
Really like the cooling seats on my Sportage :)

Happy happy that matrix headlights and sequential indicators are included though (y)

( Pppsssst , If anyone knows of anyone looking for an as new diesel gt-line green sportage, my messages are open ;) )

· Registered
6 Posts
Blows my mind that I've had my GT-Line for 8 months now, and I can still look on carsales.com.au and find only TWO used AWD GT-Line's for sale in WA.

Sure there's been so few delivered, and everyone want's to hold on to them.. but I feel like I won a lottery and this is some crazy exclusive club I've never been a member of before :D

· Registered
59 Posts
I feel like I won a lottery and this is some crazy exclusive club I've never been a member of before :D
Well there certainly aren't many on the roads! I still have not seen a single one on the street except a dealer demo car I saw once. In contrast, I drove fewer than 10 minutes from home to the shops the other day and saw 2 x Model Y, 2 x Model 3, and a Model X. The 3 and Y in particular are everywhere. Well done to Tesla for their incredible sales, but Tesla's are far from exclusive these days.

· Registered
73 Posts
Perth, north of the river.

Specifically, I've seen an EV6 on Ocean Reef road, Woodvale Drive coming out of shops, and Pearsall IGA.

Ioniq 5s I've seen in Wanneroo, Hocking, and Pearsall (I think this was the same car though), on the road at Whitfords Ave, Mitchell Freeway, Kwinana Freeway, and Kent Street / Manning Road lights.

I see way more Tesla Model 3s and now a lot of Model Ys. Also seen a couple of MG electrics and a number of Kona electrics. There is an electric Audi with digital side mirrors at Curtin University and I've seen an electric Jag and the new BYD charging at the charger there as well. The BYD looks better in person though I hate the Build Your Dreams text on the back of the car.

Everytime on get on the road I am bound to see an electric car now, regardless of model, which is a good thing.

· Registered
73 Posts
Here are some photos. The EV6 photos are from my first test drive in Wangara (GT-Line AWD) at the start of the year.

Edit: Added the GV 60 I forgot I saw at my Hyundai dealship. I'm pretty sure I saw one on the road as well but I didn't get a good look.

Attachments

· Registered
59 Posts
Rang my Kia dealer today and got some mildly useful info re GT delivery timeframe.
He expects that the launch during the Aus Open will not include any cars ready for delivery to customers. It will be a few press/promotional vehicles only.
I am order #2 at my dealer. My order is currently sitting at an "Unscheduled" status. Once it progresses to "Scheduled" there is typically a 2 month lead time to delivery while they build and ship the car.

Also I asked him to confirm that Kia Connect will not be inluded on the first GTs, and his response was "I'm not so sure of that". He thinks there's still a chance, despite Kia press releases of the GT spec making no mention of it. I'm very doubtful, but that little spark of hope is still alive. 😄

· Registered
100 Posts
Also I asked him to confirm that Kia Connect will not be inluded on the first GTs, and his response was "I'm not so sure of that". He thinks there's still a chance, despite Kia press releases of the GT spec making no mention of it. I'm very doubtful, but that little spark of hope is still alive. 😄
I wonder if the more efficient new silicon carbide inverters will be shipped with them ?

841 - 860 of 890 Posts