Kia EV6 Forum banner
861 - 880 of 890 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
There is a guy in Hillarys which does it from his own shop - Whitworth's Automotive Polishing . It's a bit cheaper as it just him who does it be he does all variety of luxary and exotic cars. My brother is planning on getting his Tesla done there.

I used him (Lee) to ceramic coat my GT-Line Sportage.
Paint, glass and wheels cost me ~$1500
Turned out amazing.
Was a fair hike from my place and I left him the car for 1/2 + 1 + 1/2 days ( just how it worked out as I needed a lift back and then up.)

Happy to recommend

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Plant Car Vehicle Hood Grille

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Plant

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Car Plant Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

· Registered
127 Posts
Up
December 2022 map and software update for Australia has just been released at update.kia.com. Downloading it now......
Finished the update.
Minor cosmetic changes to the appearance of favourite radio buttons. I read (have not tested it yet) that this update will display some stored value for roadside speed limit if it fails to see a speed limit sign. Hope it works better with variable timed school zones.
Will test it on the road tomorrow....

· Registered
74 Posts
I got the Ceramic coat that was rated for 9 years instead of 5 years. Also Jason did lots of paint correction as either Kia (or me) did a bad job washing it, and left microscratches he had to correct. He also provided a courtesy car...$1600 . About $1400 or so if you want the 5 year ceramic coat.

· Registered
74 Posts
There are good reasons to get it done at the shop (temp and humidity controlled area, and good lighting for paint correction). I'm sure your guy did a good job though, and I cant argue with the price.

· Registered
127 Posts
Up

Finished the update.
Minor cosmetic changes to the appearance of favourite radio buttons. I read (have not tested it yet) that this update will display some stored value for roadside speed limit if it fails to see a speed limit sign. Hope it works better with variable timed school zones.
Will test it on the road tomorrow....
Tested the update on the road. This has been more of a map update than anything else. Updated charging stations and red light cameras as expected.
The only functionality change that I definitely noted is that the roadside speed limit is always displayed, even when there are no obvious speed signs. I am presuming that in the absence of speed signs, the navigation falls back to a stored speed limit for that stretch of road. Disappointing to note that with school zones, the limit of 40 is displayed regardless of the time of day. I was hoping that there would be some logic to determine whether the school zone limit was in force, but this does not seem to be the case. Maybe will be in the next update....

· Registered
6 Posts
Tested the update on the road. This has been more of a map update than anything else. Updated charging stations and red light cameras as expected.
The only functionality change that I definitely noted is that the roadside speed limit is always displayed, even when there are no obvious speed signs. I am presuming that in the absence of speed signs, the navigation falls back to a stored speed limit for that stretch of road. Disappointing to note that with school zones, the limit of 40 is displayed regardless of the time of day. I was hoping that there would be some logic to determine whether the school zone limit was in force, but this does not seem to be the case. Maybe will be in the next update....
Also did the update here. Nothing significantly noted other than the obvious maps being updated. School zone near me now correctly covers a 2nd parallel road, which never used to be there.
I was hoping to get something on the main display across the top banner bar again. When I first picked the car up, it showed temperature in the top right, however since the last update and now this one it's just an empty bar still (shows phone connecting via bt on first start up, but then it's just empty..)

· Registered
5 Posts
For any potential purchasers who are worried about how much the insurance may be, well it can be less than you expect.

This is the premiums for our 2 cars... it is way cheaper for the EV6 (including hire car) than our Kia Kona (less than half the cover and no hire car cover).

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

· Registered
13 Posts
Hey folks, has anyone had any luck charging at Tesla destination chargers? I've tried a couple now (all of which have been marked unlocked and used by non-Tesla drivers in Plugshare) however I've never been able to charge. Has anyone else come up against this?

861 - 880 of 890 Posts