Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it bother anyone that there is an image of the Niro on the Infotainment battery screen instead of the EV6...
I didn't notice it until my son pointed it out to me and now its bugging me...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly. People are also asking for them to make the color of the car in the surround view monitor match the color of your car because apparently now it doesn't.
I'm guessing this would be more difficult since you'd have to tweak the software for the different colors of the car. I've had other Kias and it's never matched. Best solution is to buy a white car :)

·
Registered
FE Glacier 1500/1500
90 Posts
I'm guessing this would be more difficult since you'd have to tweak the software for the different colors of the car. I've had other Kias and it's never matched. Best solution is to buy a white car :)
Yeah i had the 2020 Sonata in white and it matched. However one day after the mobile app update on my phone the car shown went from white to black.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Maybe they will eventually update it? Or am I asking too much from Kia?
You're asking too much from Kia--LOL j/k! I say that slightly tongue-in-cheek because the SVM in my 2018 Kia Optima doesn't know that the color of my car is black...

Wonder if it's possible to decode the paint color from a VIN; not quite the same scenario, but my 2004 GMC Yukon uses CDROM-based nav software; when the disc is loaded into the headunit of my GMC, the nav bootup screen shows the GMC logo; the same exact disc when inserted into a Cadillac (Escalade) that uses the same nav headunit will display the Cadillac logo upon bootup, and when the nav headunit gets reset for whatever reason (e.g., dead battery) it'll initially boot up with the Delphi logo before the headunit realizes that it's in a GMC and then subsequently displays the GMC logo after every bootup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vehicle color matching is not a complex problem - Tesla has had color matching for years. It's a service center programmable value, much like the wheel option, FSD, etc. Just lazy programming/design on Kia (and pretty much every other manufacturer).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts