Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My car is expected to get delivered in 2 days and I just received a call from dealer and they are telling me that the car's infotainment is booting 3-5 minutes after the car starts, the dashboard screen works fine, and after the infotainment screen boots it works fine as well. They told me they couldn't find a solution yet, has anyone gone through this before?

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, at the time the car was delivered to me the infotainment screen was not working at all, I am still able to use the car and luckily I have access to seek button to search for radio stations but that is about it when it comes to features. The dealership has informed me that they ordered a new screen but no delivery date is coming in, looks like it could be weeks and months. But how come I cannot get a certain or even estimated date for delivery from a established automaker like KIA, when I can get it pretty accurately from anywhere else, that is another question.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's quite a serious issue and I would consider rejecting the car if they cannot sort this really quickly. Could they swap of from one of their demonstrators until your part arrives?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to accept the car, as it had to be delivered before 2022, so that I can enjoy a lower tax on the car in NL, but I don't think they would ever change the problematic part with one of their demo versions, I am not even sure if they know how to replace it in the first place as it is a new car, but I wrote an semi angry email to head of service and head of branch they haven't replied in the past few days. I guess it is what it is and all we can do is wait..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts