Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the insurance would be in Vancouver, BC. ICBC was not helpful when I called. They said since the vehicle is new they could not provide a quote but what are people doing when their car arrives at the Dealership to be picked-up?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I was told it’s not in the system either so the insurance agent entered in the value of the vehicle and the system spit out a number. I paid the difference to top up (~$140). He said hopefully I won’t get a bill come renewal time since he entered a slightly higher vehicle value. (This is msrp plus taxes and fees. I guess as opposed to msrp only? Or msrp with taxes but no fees?).

To be fair, some of that difference is because I tweaked my insurance coverage too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I called they also said it wasn't in the system yet and to choose a similar vehicle for a quote. I told them to use the Ioniq 5 since it's basically the same car, but no, it has to be from the same brand; so the best I could get was a quote for a 2100kg Nero EV.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Odd that ICBC doesn't have it on their system. I'm in Nova Scotia and Co-operators have it and quoted $1086 for full coverage including 5 year waiver of depreciation clause.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not in Canda but a general issue I noted is that if it's not in the system (Geico in my case in the US), the price seems to be unnecessarily high. I found competition that have it in their system for hundreds less over the same half-year period.

·
Registered
GT-Line package 2 (initial 200) QC
60 Posts
I had quote from 1000 to 1900 here in Quebec and this with perfect file .
Note they charged me extra for matte paint because it costs more to repair…

·
Registered
137 Posts
Odd that ICBC doesn't have it on their system. I'm in Nova Scotia and Co-operators have it and quoted $1086 for full coverage including 5 year waiver of depreciation clause.
I checked with Cooperators about a month ago, it wasn't in their system and it still isn't on their auto insurance estimator on their website. I wanted to verify before placing an order but could not get a number either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I checked with Cooperators about a month ago, it wasn't in their system and it still isn't on their auto insurance estimator on their website. I wanted to verify before placing an order but could not get a number either.
I got my quote from my Co-operators insurance broker on April 25 while paying for my motorcycle policy. She asked all the right questions, short or long range, rear wheel or AWD, etc.. So, unless she's an EV6 nerd I have to assume their quote system was up and running. You may want to circle back now and see what's what.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Before my pre-order I check with CAA Home page with their system online and got $1,398.00
I called my insurance company (La Capitale now Beneva) at Beneva | Insurances & Financial Services for my house and car and for the same coverage and deductable around $968.00.
and usually its a bit higher in the National Capital Region because it take 2 minutes to cross the borded Gatineau / Ottawa. (2 Different Law Québec and Ontario) if you get into an accident or something.

40 Years driving experience with minor claim (Replacement windshield).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts