Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line AWD in Yacht Blue, UK '22' plate
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a weird thing...

Now I've decided on what I'm going to order, I was getting a few insurance quotes for an EV6 GT Line RWD.

I'd previously got quotes for an IONIQ5 Premium RWD - which is pretty much the same in most respects - and the Hyundai came out consistently more expensive. Same details for everything except the car insured, with the IONIQ quotes re-run to get up-to-date figures.

Here are a few examples (Kia vs Hyundai):

Tesco: £271.59 vs £299.47 - £27.88 (10.3%) more
esure: £323.38 vs £349.55 - £26.17 (8.1%) more
Sheila's Wheels: £323.41 vs £349.59 - £26.18 (8.1%) more
Hastings Direct: £291.61 vs £364.49 - £72.88 (25%) more

Can anyone suggest any good explanation for the difference? Are Hyundais that much more desirable for theft?

Anyway, I'm glad my selection process has come down on the side of cheaper insurance!

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,962 Posts
So here's a weird thing...

Now I've decided on what I'm going to order, I was getting a few insurance quotes for an EV6 GT Line RWD.

I'd previously got quotes for an IONIQ5 Premium RWD - which is pretty much the same in most respects - and the Hyundai came out consistently more expensive. Same details for everything except the car insured, with the IONIQ quotes re-run to get up-to-date figures.

Here are a few examples (Kia vs Hyundai):

Tesco: £271.59 vs £299.47 - £27.88 (10.3%) more
esure: £323.38 vs £349.55 - £26.17 (8.1%) more
Sheila's Wheels: £323.41 vs £349.59 - £26.18 (8.1%) more
Hastings Direct: £291.61 vs £364.49 - £72.88 (25%) more

Can anyone suggest any good explanation for the difference? Are Hyundais that much more desirable for theft?

Anyway, I'm glad my selection process has come down on the side of cheaper insurance!
Those are some great quotes, Direct Line are twice this for the AWD version.

Was this comprehensive quotes?

·
Registered
187 Posts
A lot of the cost depends on your post code. I am lucky and live in one of the best post code areas for motor insurance (low density population and enviable car crime statistics) I have had a quote from Direct line for an EV6 GTLS AWD of £203.00. Both fully Comp, with more than 30 years NCB. This is £99.00 less than for my 3.5 year old I-Pace. Particularly with Direct Line, I find it best to call them rather than "negotiate" over the net.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,962 Posts
A lot of the cost depends on your post code. I am lucky and live in one of the best post code areas for motor insurance (low density population and enviable car crime statistics) I have had a quote from Direct line for an EV6 GTLS AWD of £203.00. Both fully Comp, with more than 30 years NCB. This is £99.00 less than for my 3.5 year old I-Pace. Particularly with Direct Line, I find it best to call them rather than "negotiate" over the net.
Low crime area but quote is 680.00 pounds for car with over 20 years NCB.

Max is now 9+ years anyway.

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
168 Posts
Getting the car insured in The Netherlands seems to be a pain in the behind... Most insurance companies refuse to insure it because it lacks an alarm. So you need to fork out another 1300 euros for an alarm that doesn't work with the car key but needs a separate fob...

Thanks Kia. I am really starting to regret my order more and more everyday.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Getting the car insured in The Netherlands seems to be a pain in the behind... Most insurance companies refuse to insure it because it lacks an alarm. So you need to fork out another 1300 euros for an alarm that doesn't work with the car key but needs a separate fob...

Thanks Kia. I am really starting to regret my order more and more everyday.
It does have an alarm. Is it the wrong kind of alarm in The Netherlands?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.