Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can anyone who has the car already describe what the hatch / surround lights are like? The Mach-E has good lighting IIRC, but I'm noticing this after-market part and I would've thought this was standard.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Product Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can anyone who has the car already describe what the hatch / surround lights are like? The Mach-E has good lighting IIRC, but I'm noticing this after-market part and I would've thought this was standard.
View attachment 1488
There is a bright LED light in the load area when you open the tailgate, but nothing from the actual tailgate shining on the ground (like a puddle light) as per the illustration up above.

When you unlock the car, LED lights on the rear roof spoiler light up the side of the car bit they don’t illuminate the ground at the rear of the car.

In summary, the above accessory does add something different - it lights up the ground where you are standing to load the boot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’m disappointed that there isn’t two boot lights. Yes, one is standard on a lot of cars but it’s 2021. Can’t we move to two lights on either aide, especially now they’re LEDs?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Definitely not plug and play lights. Have to drill holes in the rear panel, run wires, and tap into existing courtesy light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those tailgate lights are part of trailer package comes with tow bar, at least in Finland
That's interesting!
Because I ordered this tailgate lights AND the tow bar at my dealer in Germany. The EV6 delivery is scheduled for Q3-Q4 2022.
I assume that my dealer just does not have a deep view in this accessoires and did't recognized that I don't need two sets of tailgate lights 😀

Do you have any links or pictures with the content of tow bar package?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trailerpack campaign: Detachable towbar, tailgate lights, luggage compartment mat, rubber mats, front luggage compartment mat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! It seems to be a special offer and content for Finland.
In Germany I need to order every part separatly: tow bar, cable tree, rubber mats, tailgate lights...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts