Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
馃嚚馃嚘 GT-Line Pkg. 2 (Initial 200)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scrolling through some of the EV6 Korean tags on Instagram and came across this.

After the first couple of photos in the carrousel - you can see what looks like a matte finish on the interior trim pieces that so far have all been piano black (at least in the reviews and videos I鈥檝e seen from come from Europe)

now this isn鈥檛 the protective white film we鈥檝e seen during the car shipping.

thoughts?
http://instagr.am/p/CWSUoLklNsw/
White Automotive design Motor vehicle Computer keyboard Grey

Registered
So the non GT-Line trims get physical buttons and plain matte plastic (and no ambient interior light) whilst GT-Line models have touch sensitive buttons for the heated seats, piano black trim and ambient lighting.

There might be a difference between Air and Earth models too. I believe the Irish Earth trim level has piano black trim. Not sure about the UK鈥檚 Air trim level.

Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
I really don't understand the concerns about piano black in the interior. My Infiniti has it, and one quick wipe with a dry microfiber towel makes it shine perfectly.

And if you don't like it, I'm sure a decal or maybe even vinyl wrap might go over it. A detailer could probably advise.

The capacitive buttons, on the other hand... Not appropriate for cars. Ever. IMHO

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't understand the concerns about piano black in the interior. My Infiniti has it, and one quick wipe with a dry microfiber towel makes it shine perfectly.

And if you don't like it, I'm sure a decal or maybe even vinyl wrap might go over it. A detailer could probably advise.

The capacitive buttons, on the other hand... Not appropriate for cars. Ever. IMHO
I just remember parts of my stinger with the piano black always being smudged. Also in some of the reviews in the EV6 - the centre console of the review units already had scratches.

I鈥檝e considered getting it either wrapped or nano coated. But first we need to get the car here in Canada.

Registered
Was saying in another post that my worst experience of this cheap black plastic was in my just sold 2019 Audi A4. Interior was covered with it, piano black everywhere! The stuff scratches if you look at it. Horrible. Wrap it in clear or gloss black vinyl?.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was saying in another post that my worst experience of this cheap black plastic was in my just sold 2019 Audi A4. Interior was covered with it, piano black everywhere! The stuff scratches if you look at it. Horrible. Wrap it in clear or gloss black vinyl?.
Exactly What I'm thinking as well.

I'm hoping I can find the CAD files for the interior, so I make some vinyl protectors using my cricut machine.

The other alternative - is I am going to ask my dealer to deliver the vehicle to me without taking off the protective coverings - so I can make my own if I can't find the files.

Registered
I found that when selling my car, taking some light swirl marks out of the black plastic was easier than expected. I used Poorboys Blackhole鈥 this had done a fantastic job of hiding! Not taking out the marks. As Blackhole is a filler-type product. Look great for sat 4 weeks. There are some great plastic polished out there... would t want to keep polishing I wouldn't think. Best to protect from day one for sure.

seen this... looks... ok, not sure on the quality tho..

And this

Registered

AGREE re heat & cool seat touch switches, too easy to accidently turn on. Need a few seconds delay.

Registered
Picking up my EV6 Wind AWD this weekend and am very happy no piano gloss black in it. Would like to have the ambient lighting and such, but would rather not worry about scratching that piano gloss black the first time I rest my arm on it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found that when selling my car, taking some light swirl marks out of the black plastic was easier than expected. I used Poorboys Blackhole鈥 this had done a fantastic job of hiding! Not taking out the marks. As Blackhole is a filler-type product. Look great for sat 4 weeks. There are some great plastic polished out there... would t want to keep polishing I wouldn't think. Best to protect from day one for sure.

seen this... looks... ok, not sure on the quality tho..

And this
I ended up purchasing this entire set including the handle covers, handle rest, Center gear console, rear console foot rest.

The Quality is actually better than I was expecting and actually scratch resistant. The only issue was it shipped from Korea - and during transport a couple of peices came with minor damage.

However - way better material and coverage than the stock trim. I鈥檒l take photo requests if anyone wants to see them in real life.

Registered
I ended up purchasing this entire set including the handle covers, handle rest, Center gear console, rear console foot rest.

The Quality is actually better than I was expecting and actually scratch resistant. The only issue was it shipped from Korea - and during transport a couple of peices came with minor damage.

However - way better material and coverage than the stock trim. I鈥檒l take photo requests if anyone wants to see them in real life.
I would like to see some pictures. Thanks!

Registered
I was scrolling through some of the EV6 Korean tags on Instagram and came across this.

After the first couple of photos in the carrousel - you can see what looks like a matte finish on the interior trim pieces that so far have all been piano black (at least in the reviews and videos I鈥檝e seen from come from Europe)

now this isn鈥檛 the protective white film we鈥檝e seen during the car shipping.

thoughts?
http://instagr.am/p/CWSUoLklNsw/
View attachment 728
I seen the plastic protection on my car as it was delivered, mine was blue plastic wrap coving the piano black. This looks like another colour option for Korea. They can all the best bits! including the LED light dance when the car is opened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.