Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New member here in an information gathering stage. I’m currently in the market for EV crossover. I’m considering a Model Y and am cross shopping against similar products. This question may be more for overseas members (I’m in the US), as we haven’t seen deliveries in the states.

- Is anyone able to provide interior dimensions for the EV6 (legroom, shoulder room, hip room, head room, etc.). I read an Australian article that had similar dimensions for the Ioniq 5 and I was impressed.

- Do we know what ride height is for the EV6? I know it’s marketed as a crossover but will sit much lower. Im curious if anyone has measured ground to seat height.

-I know reservations for first editions has come and gone. Does anyone know if there will be a similar system for non FE trims, or will we be at the mercy of just looking at dealer lots for what we want?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
759 Posts
Hi All,

New member here in an information gathering stage. I’m currently in the market for EV crossover. I’m considering a Model Y and am cross shopping against similar products. This question may be more for overseas members (I’m in the US), as we haven’t seen deliveries in the states.

- Is anyone able to provide interior dimensions for the EV6 (legroom, shoulder room, hip room, head room, etc.). I read an Australian article that had similar dimensions for the Ioniq 5 and I was impressed.

- Do we know what ride height is for the EV6? I know it’s marketed as a crossover but will sit much lower. Im curious if anyone has measured ground to seat height.

-I know reservations for first editions has come and gone. Does anyone know if there will be a similar system for non FE trims, or will we be at the mercy of just looking at dealer lots for what we want?
Hi there @benboy12, happy Tuesday and welcome to the forum!

So, I believe that the EV6 & the MY will be very similar in most dimensions short of the rear. The MY has more cargo room.

We know that the ground clearance is just under 7" and the seat will be adjustable so that's kind of a tough measurement.

There will not be a similar system but you WILL be able to place orders for an EV6 if you want to get one the way you'd like it.

Murlinator

·
Registered
62 Posts
I saw this video earlier that had some good insight into the rear storage, among other things. They don’t compare it to a Model Y, but do include some Model 3, S, and X comparisons.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt, I've had immense difficulties scraping these together.
View attachment 1131
Great spreadsheet! We should sticky this somewhere.

I believe the Kia/Hyundai twins max out at 239 or 240kW (not 350kW... those are the chargers).

Also, man those are narrow tires on the Mach-E! I wonder if they're also highly inflated (like the Model 3) to achieve decent kWh/100km numbers given its inefficiencies (Weight, motor, electronics?)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there @benboy12, happy Tuesday and welcome to the forum!

So, I believe that the EV6 & the MY will be very similar in most dimensions short of the rear. The MY has more cargo room.

We know that the ground clearance is just under 7" and the seat will be adjustable so that's kind of a tough measurement.

There will not be a similar system but you WILL be able to place orders for an EV6 if you want to get one the way you'd like it.

Murlinator
Thank you. Any indication on how that ordering process will work?

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
764 Posts
Great spreadsheet! We should sticky this somewhere.

I believe the Kia/Hyundai twins max out at 239 or 240kW (not 350kW... those are the chargers).

Also, man those are narrow tires on the Mach-E! I wonder if they're also highly inflated (like the Model 3) to achieve decent kWh/100km numbers given its inefficiencies (Weight, motor, electronics?)
Thanks, yeah, I could maybe remove a bunch of personal notes, it actually has pages and pages of feature comparisons and comments.

And the tires on the Mach-E are definitely too small for the ER AWD, which weighs 5,000 lbs. It would corner a lot better with more performance-oriented dimensions, but I guess it's heavy and not as aerodynamic so they need to do narrower tires to eke out the range. On paper it's a perfect car. In reality it drives way too wide and heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.