Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

· Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been wondering this for some time, are we in the UK with long back orders being told the truth about our delays.

Every time I speak to my dealer he says the delay is due to this part or this part.

Now this now does not add up and I wonder if what I think has happened is in fact what happened.

Now stick with me on this,

I have had on order like others a Kia EV6 GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump on order since July 2021.

Now I am told the order is delayed because they are short on parts, now this is where my head starts to think, hang on a minute how can you be short of parts.

Kia is trying to get the EV6 across all market locations and are we being delayed due to this desire to get the car on all markets.

For example, the USA EV6 First Edition cars have just been delivered but they are using every single part that my order requires and these cars were offered after my order.

So is Kia supplying cars in other markets to get the brand out there at the expense of current customer orders.

I may be looking at this wrong but the excuses of parts can not be true when they are building other countries cars using these parts.

Shortage of Heat Pumps - Fitted to USA First Editions
Shortage due to Sunroof Parts - Fitted to USA First Editions
Shortage on AWD system - Fitted to USA First Editions

Every excuse of what's missing is being used on the First Edition USA cars.

So nothing against my USA friends, I want everyone to have there car but are Kia delaying our orders to supply other markets at our expense using excuses that do not add up.

And this may also be the case in other countries also that there First Editions cars are being made ahead of UK orders.

I maybe wrong but the more I think about it the more it makes sense and the more I think Kia and or the dealers are not being 100% truthful with us.

Sorry bit of a rant.

· Registered
BMW 530i xdrive. EV6 GT line AWD on order.
12 Posts
I suspect the messages you receive are like Chinese whispers.

The orders will be based on allocations to different markets and production plans for different model specs. On top there are all the global supply and semiconductor issues to complicate things further.

I'm in Sweden, but when I placed my order, it sounded very much like it was coming out of a production allocation for Kia Sweden - I saw on screen the number of cars available in different specs and colours with estimated delivery times. When I last followed-up with my dealer, I was emailed a screenshot of the different stages of delivery from order, through production and shipment etc with estimated date for each stage. My order has been delayed by 5 weeks (so far....), but he also said new orders for the same spec now have a 12 month wait, presumably because the initial allocation of cars to Sweden have all been sold/ordered (it was around 4 months when I ordered).

At least that's my interpretation of what's going on behind the scenes. Ultimately, Kia Korea are selling the car to Kia Sweden. They then sell to the dealer and to me.

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the supply issues but when I am told there is issue with parts and then they build other market cars using these parts it does not make sense to me.

All I can think is Kia are keen to get the cars on all Markets at the expense of orders place well before that market place.

· Registered
BMW 530i xdrive. EV6 GT line AWD on order.
12 Posts
I get the supply issues but when I am told there is issue with parts and then they build other market cars using these parts it does not make sense to me.

All I can think is Kia are keen to get the cars on all Markets at the expense of orders place well before that market place.
Right, but there are probably commitments between Kia Korea and the various importers/affiliates for a certain volume of cars, made well in advance of launch. I get your point and agree, but aside from some countries shouting louder than others, there's not much to be done - Kia HQ need to balance fulfilling orders with brand promotion, and having EV6s rolling on the streets around the world will help sell other Kia's. Normally this works more smoothly...

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, but there are probably commitments between Kia Korea and the various importers/affiliates for a certain volume of cars, made well in advance of launch. I get your point and agree, but aside from some countries shouting louder than others, there's not much to be done - Kia HQ need to balance fulfilling orders with brand promotion, and having EV6s rolling on the streets around the world will help sell other Kia's. Normally this works more smoothly...
That's the point I was making. (y)

· Registered
92 Posts
I actually think what is more annoying re the USA delivery situation is the fact there are dealers on F/book actually brazenly touting cars around that they have in stock.So these aren't orders there are surplus.

· Registered
522 Posts
I actually think what is more annoying re the USA delivery situation is the fact there are dealers on F/book actually brazenly touting cars around that they have in stock.So these aren't orders there are surplus.
They were probably orders where the customer wasn't happy to pay a $10k markup so they became surplus.

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agree and we were told in the UK that dealers were at this moment in time not allowed to order stock cars only customer cars but then I suppose with the issues in the USA over mark ups they could be customers cancelling there order.

· Registered
635 Posts
I think JK is right AND Kia is telling the truth. There is a shortage of the stated parts overall, and the ones they have, have already been reserved for other market launches, which results in those cars getting delivered whilst older orders in other markets are not.

· Registered
369 Posts
Yep, agree with this, Kia must be holding back our cars, so that they are able to distribute them over several countries.

Did mention it on a previous thread saying that they have used the parts on USA FE cars

Unfortunately I can see the sense of this, but it doesn't make me any happier that we are getting penalised because we want the top spec car. Maybe there is less profit on a GT-Line S AWD than the rest?

I want my car now and am going to hold my breath until I get it...........:mad:

· Registered
180 Posts
I don't think that there is a big conspiracy here. The parts that you need certainly exist but they have already been assigned to a vehicle that is destined to be shipped elsewhere. I don't see any issues with that...that's just how they set up their allocation.

Similarly, the UK got cars 6 months before Canada sees a single one...again, the car exists, and is being delivered, but all the cars made thus far are destined elsewhere.

· Registered
2,049 Posts
Yeah. For Canada, anyone who ordered in December (so not part of the initial batch of 200 units) will be waiting between May and September for delivery (depending on spec. GT-Line cars are late summer, lower trims are late spring/early summer). Those that are placing orders today are told to expect delivery as late as summer of 2023!

· Registered