Kia EV6 Forum banner
181 - 194 of 194 Posts

· Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
More EV6s lined up at Kia Edinburgh, 2 in Fife. Seen them on Friday on my way to work. red/white and a matte grey. Probs off the recent ship arrival.
Seems they are getting delivered which is good news for new owners.

· Registered
431 Posts
Saw 3 Ionic 5s in Exeter the other day, still not seen an EV6. I couldn't wait .. picked up a Peugot E208 to see me to next year. It's great fun, nice little pocket rocket.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yeah i've been getting no where for months, coming up to a year from order, but after some pestering, and speaking to lots of people that all give you slightly different information and a slip from some local dealers or two - Kia are basically telling us rubbish about delays now - theres no chip delay, just so many back order - its purely about whats the most economical way to produce the back log - they don't care about how long you have to wait as they have so many order - were just a number and basically they're not following any sort of order priority. What they're basically doing is, batches of cars in Colour (like a week long production run), so they literally do a silver batch of Niro HEV / Silver batch of Sportages 4s / of Sportage HEV etc etc across all the range variations and then ship them out to the waiting list - doesn't matter if you ordered you blue one 4 month before some one ordered a silver one. They are weighting the Green/Black/White one - so more production run of those colours, so you only get of a small number of a specific colour & spec produced every few months as that what a cycle take to go through colour/makes & models and then they get split up and dispatched around the country/europe, my dealer has said they've already shipped cars to people who ordered the same spec as mine 2 months after purely because its a different colour. i'll take any colour i'm not fussed - but no, you can't change your order or you have to go to the back of the que! Kia are a joke - they just got us all by the balls - as we waited so long whats a few more week - just tell people the truth and give a production window - so people can make an educated decision to cancel or not.

· Registered
53 Posts
i'll take any colour i'm not fussed - but no, you can't change your order or you have to go to the back of the que!
Can’t speak for UK but in Sweden it’s possible to change colour without loosing your place in line. The sales person just need to (in our case) contact KIA Sweden. I’m pretty sure that’s the case for you too as I can’t see why there would be some kind of ”special” way in Sweden only.

Good luck!

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Kia are a joke - they just got us all by the balls - as we waited so long whats a few more week - just tell people the truth and give a production window - so people can make an educated decision to cancel or not.
That's why they are not telling you as they do not want you to cancel, it's not right.

· Registered
431 Posts
At least the one good thing with these delayed order is that you are now going to get an MY23 with preconditioning. I lucked out with mine, as it came quickly and had preconditioning even tho it's a late 22 model.

· Registered
153 Posts
At least the one good thing with these delayed order is that you are now going to get an MY23 with preconditioning. I lucked out with mine, as it came quickly and had preconditioning even tho it's a late 22 model.
At this point I'd settle for having to get preconditioning sorted later if it would get me some info on my delivery!

Yeah i've been getting no where for months, coming up to a year from order, but after some pestering, and speaking to lots of people that all give you slightly different information and a slip from some local dealers or two - Kia are basically telling us rubbish about delays now - theres no chip delay, just so many back order - its purely about whats the most economical way to produce the back log - they don't care about how long you have to wait as they have so many order - were just a number and basically they're not following any sort of order priority. What they're basically doing is, batches of cars in Colour (like a week long production run), so they literally do a silver batch of Niro HEV / Silver batch of Sportages 4s / of Sportage HEV etc etc across all the range variations and then ship them out to the waiting list - doesn't matter if you ordered you blue one 4 month before some one ordered a silver one. They are weighting the Green/Black/White one - so more production run of those colours, so you only get of a small number of a specific colour & spec produced every few months as that what a cycle take to go through colour/makes & models and then they get split up and dispatched around the country/europe, my dealer has said they've already shipped cars to people who ordered the same spec as mine 2 months after purely because its a different colour. i'll take any colour i'm not fussed - but no, you can't change your order or you have to go to the back of the que! Kia are a joke - they just got us all by the balls - as we waited so long whats a few more week - just tell people the truth and give a production window - so people can make an educated decision to cancel or not.
Certainly based on what we've seen coming through these forums and the Facebook groups this seems to be accurate.

Reactions: Jock55

· Registered
431 Posts
This would be how any manufacturer would produce vehicles. Not only are there colours and trims to consider for one country, but there are also multiple regions with totally different trims (even UK and Irelands are different), LHD/RHD etc.
I bet the launch of the NIRO EV had a big effect. When I visited the dealer a week before picking up my EV6 they had a showroom full - on collection day they were gone. Empty showroom 😮

· Registered
260 Posts
This would be how any manufacturer would produce vehicles. Not only are there colours and trims to consider for one country, but there are also multiple regions with totally different trims (even UK and Irelands are different), LHD/RHD etc.
I bet the launch of the NIRO EV had a big effect. When I visited the dealer a week before picking up my EV6 they had a showroom full - on collection day they were gone. Empty showroom 😮
So this makes what they are doing right, Ian?

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
No it does not but when I ordered mine before the car was launched in showrooms I then had to wait while they built USA first edition models ordered months after mine.

That's manufactures for you, they want to ensure the models are on the roads in some form to drive more business.

Not right I agree but that's how demand is drummed up, if they launch the Niro and none are on the roads no one is going to see one and go, hay I like that and go to a Kia showroom.

Came across it in many with other manufactures in past years, promising limited edition, exclusive this, only this model etc etc to find a few months later that exclusive, only this model spec is now available to all.

Not right but what can we do.

· Registered
431 Posts
Nothing wrong with producing in batches, but launching new cars to the detriment of people waiting for orders placed a year ago is definitely wrong. If I recall most people that ordered from may 22 onwards in the UK should have been told 12-18 months lead time, so those orders are not even remotely close to the quoted time. I feel sorry for people that ordered before me and still haven't received their car. If I was in that situation I'd probably cancel and get a GV60, Model Y or take a punt on a Fisker Ocean.

· Premium Member
2022 EV6 First Edition Glacier/Green interior
143 Posts
To me, this “can’t change your color choice” rule sounds arbitrary and capricious. The dealer has no control whatsoever over the color of cars they receive. Therefore, the fairest and easiest thing for dealers to do is maintain their waiting list by Date of Order. Color or equipment shouldn’t matter. When an allocation comes in, those at the top of the list get first right of refusal. Take your choice of what we received. If you pass, you maintain your place in line. Realize that the more specific you are, the longer you are going to wait. Those who have waited the longest are the first to get a car. First Come, First Served. What could be fairer?

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
To me, this “can’t change your color choice” rule sounds arbitrary and capricious. The dealer has no control whatsoever over the color of cars they receive. Therefore, the fairest and easiest thing for dealers to do is maintain their waiting list by Date of Order. Color or equipment shouldn’t matter. When an allocation comes in, those at the top of the list get first right of refusal. Take your choice of what we received. If you pass, you maintain your place in line. Realize that the more specific you are, the longer you are going to wait. Those who have waited the longest are the first to get a car. First Come, First Served. What could be fairer?
This may work in the USA but in the UK the dealers do not have the same ordering system and can not order a car to sit in their showroom or stock, they can only at this time order cars that have an official order placed beside them from the customer.

· Registered
3 Posts
Can’t speak for UK but in Sweden it’s possible to change colour without loosing your place in line. The sales person just need to (in our case) contact KIA Sweden. I’m pretty sure that’s the case for you too as I can’t see why there would be some kind of ”special” way in Sweden only.

Good luck!
That should be the case until the production starts. But if the dealer is not bothered and not interested in helping you then you get what you signed for. As I understand, Kia has a bit of a weird organisation, and I think you are very much dependent on the seller you are buying your car from, also in Sweden. Where I live, they are selling both Kia and Mercedes, so they are not pure Kia agent, as VW or BMW is.

181 - 194 of 194 Posts