Kia EV6 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
You should have something like this,

Shows you all the information once the car is in production.

View attachment 5088
Have you had any updates on your delivery yet?

I am hoping that mine is on the Morning Conductor which is due in tonight.

My dealer said that he would call this week, won't be holding my breathe for a call tomorrow :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how fast cars are moving through Immingham?

· Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Have you had any updates on your delivery yet?

I am hoping that mine is on the Morning Conductor which is due in tonight.

My dealer said that he would call this week, won't be holding my breathe for a call tomorrow :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how fast cars are moving through Immingham?
It was due to leave the workshop today, its landed and at Immingham but due to the boat docking late it has been delayed by a week so i am hoping next Saturday could finally be the day.

As for yours, if the boat docks on time they clear the cars within 24 hours, they take a day or two to enter the workshop and then that takes 4 to 5 days, then out, allocated to car transporter and delivered 2-3 days later.

My Dealer has said 2-3 days to check car over, fully charges etc.

Then handover.

· Registered
102 Posts
It was due to leave the workshop today, its landed and at Immingham but due to the boat docking late it has been delayed by a week so i am hoping next Saturday could finally be the day.

As for yours, if the boat docks on time they clear the cars within 24 hours, they take a day or two to enter the workshop and then that takes 4 to 5 days, then out, allocated to car transporter and delivered 2-3 days later.

Then handover.
Thanks for the update, my dealer said he will get the car on Monday (9th May) and he is planning for handover same day evening.
I asked about software udpates and other delivery related checks, he says can be done in few hours. Not really sure about that :-(

· Registered
369 Posts

Then handover.
That's annoying about the late docking, but you and I are pros at waiting 😁

The dealer gave me 15th/16th for delivery to them, so working on your times that would be right in a perfect world :unsure: so probably a week after that, hopefully before June so I can drive it up to Norfolk.

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Thanks for the update, my dealer said he will get the car on Monday (9th May) and he is planning for handover same day evening.
I asked about software udpates and other delivery related checks, he says can be done in few hours. Not really sure about that :-(
I would have thought it would take longer myself.

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
That's annoying about the late docking, but you and I are pros at waiting 😁

The dealer gave me 15th/16th for delivery to them, so working on your times that would be right in a perfect world :unsure: so probably a week after that, hopefully before June so I can drive it up to Norfolk.
(y)

· Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
223 Posts
:rolleyes:
I have been waiting 4 weeks for my weekly update.
Oh well.

· Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
223 Posts
I think i will be the same, heard once since i ordered the car, and that was only because i went into the dealer to ask.
Can’t be arsed going in again. When the car arrives, then they can wait for the payment.

Reactions: Jock55 and Inforce

· Registered
522 Posts
Does anybody know what happens to cars where the dealer has their own PDI centre? My dealer has a huge building where the PDI the cars within their network. Would my car come straight out of Immingham and go there or are things still done at Immingham and then the car comes to local PDI centre?

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Does anybody know what happens to cars where the dealer has their own PDI centre? My dealer has a huge building where the PDI the cars within their network. Would my car come straight out of Immingham and go there or are things still done at Immingham and then the car comes to local PDI centre?
It will still have to go through the Kia system ay Immingham before your dealer see's the car.

· Registered
102 Posts
Is it the dealer or the PDI centre doing the software update ?
What actually is done in the PDI centre and what is done at dealershop before delivery of car?
Can anyone give some pointers?

My delivery date got changed multiple times (just like most of you) even after completing the payment (may be only my case) :-(
Now my dealer is planning to give the car on the same day they receive it to avoid any further delay. Bit confused about it.
Don't really want to collect the car with any pending work, rather I can wait couple of days. Please advise.

· Registered
Ordered EV6 GT line S AWD with Heat Pump in Runway Red beginning December 2021 Collecting 9th Nov 22
72 Posts
:rolleyes:
I have been waiting 4 weeks for my weekly update.
Oh well.
I don’t get any update unless I go in myself to dealership 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Coddy and Inforce

· Administrator
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Is it the dealer or the PDI centre doing the software update ?
What actually is done in the PDI centre and what is done at dealershop before delivery of car?
Can anyone give some pointers?

My delivery date got changed multiple times (just like most of you) even after completing the payment (may be only my case) :-(
Now my dealer is planning to give the car on the same day they receive it to avoid any further delay. Bit confused about it.
Don't really want to collect the car with any pending work, rather I can wait couple of days. Please advise.
When I spoke to my dealer just over a week ago they said they fully charge the car to 100% to make sure it takes a full charge, check the software etc is all upto date, check there is no damage, check everything is how it should be tyre pressure etc etc and then hand the car over, he said it takes a day or two to do all the checks fully, maybe it would be in a day but I would rather they take two and give it to me all checked and updated. (y)

· Registered
102 Posts
When I spoke to my dealer just over a week ago they said they fully charge the car to 100% to make sure it takes a full charge, check the software etc is all upto date, check there is no damage, check everything is how it should be tyre pressure etc etc and then hand the car over, he said it takes a day or two to do all the checks fully, maybe it would be in a day but I would rather they take two and give it to me all checked and updated. (y)
Thanks, will check with my dealer. May delay delivery by couple of days for everything to be checked.

· Registered
5 Posts
Good news on my side. Took delivery yesterday, (7th May), just 4 weeks after a definite delivery date. We had to pay upfront but please check your order form. Our dealer had added the heat pump on twice & we had it amended before making any payment, (saved ourselves £900). We only had to pay the day before we took delivery for the funds to clear. Love the car, you won’t be disappointed.

161 - 180 of 194 Posts