Kia EV6 Forum banner
601 - 620 of 672 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Mine's a late 22 and has this screen.
I tested it today with the option enabled. Navigated to a fast charger and the little snowflake ❄ came up on the battery indicator.
Note that the text on the menu screen does not mention conditioning the battery when navigating. As far as I can tell it does.
"this screen"

You quoted a post that contains two photos. Which screen are you on about?

·
Registered
358 Posts
"this screen"

You quoted a post that contains two photos. Which screen are you on about?
I was referring to the photo I attached of my infotainment screen. It's a bit wierd because it doesn't mention the navigation to fast charger.
I tried it today and it seems to work as expected when navigating to a charger.
Automotive design Font Personal luxury car Gas Electronic device

·
Registered
2022 Preferred AWD LR Ioniq 5
55 Posts
I was referring to the photo I attached of my infotainment screen. It's a bit wierd because it doesn't mention the navigation to fast charger.
I tried it today and it seems to work as expected when navigating to a charger.
View attachment 10220
The European text is a lot less descriptive than the North American text but they seem to be the same feature.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mine's a late 22 and has this screen.
I tested it today with the option enabled. Navigated to a fast charger and the little snowflake ❄ came up on the battery indicator.
Note that the text on the menu screen does not mention conditioning the battery when navigating. As far as I can tell it does.
I've seen a pic taken of a vehicle that purportedly had the battery conditioning option in which the battery indicator had a squiggly/curly line icon on it; anyone know what status each symbol is supposed to indicate?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've seen a pic taken of a vehicle that purportedly had the battery conditioning option in which the battery indicator had a squiggly/curly line icon on it; anyone know what status each symbol is supposed to indicate?
That's the current "battery heating active" symbol for Ioniq 5s. I thought it used to be a snowflake, but I could well be wrong about that.

·
Registered
287 Posts
About 1 25-1.5hrs.
70% highway.
I’ll be hitting an EE station after 2-3 hours of driving on Thursday. I’ll monitor battery temps as I get close and see if they rise above the ~42º temps they’ve been settled at for the last few days. That’s also about where it starts each morning after sitting overnight.

·
Registered
AWD Wind, Bolt EUV Premier
64 Posts
So I did a thing tonite, I emailed directly the KIA Customer Care, the Executive Director of Consumer Affairs, Vice President of Service and Aftersales Operations and the President of Kia all with the same email message. I'm kinda hoping I get an email back from some higher up explaining wth the reasons are that half the model year has battery preconditioning and the other doesnt and other EU countries are getting updates and NA isn't.

I used this message and highly recommend everyone else just email the hell out of them to figure whats going and that may push them to give us the update. My Canadian brothers can change it up to fit them.

I looked high and low for the Canadian Executives emails but couldn't find them.

The message:

I'm disappointed to hear that Kia US is not currently planning to offer battery preconditioning to all 2022 EV6's on the basis of "technical limitations". If 2022 models have a functioning Winter Mode and can heat when plugged into a DC charger, it seems that they should be technically capable of pre-heating as well. Can you explain why that's not the case?

Furthermore, 2022 EV6 owners in Norway, Iceland, Finland and Denmark have been offered a software update to enable battery preconditioning. Also some (Built after July) 2022 US EV6's currently already have this ability and others (Such as mine built before July) do not. How come everything isn't the same across the board when it comes to the exact same vehicles? Why can't Kia US offer the same?

Battery preconditioning is a critical feature for US winters and I hope Kia US does the right thing and offers Kia US owners an update to enable it.
Thank you for the information,

xxx

USA Executive Contacts
Primary Contact
Michele Cameron
Executive Director, Consumer Affairs & Warranty Operations
111 Peters Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 468-4617
[email protected]

Secondary Contact
Greg Silvestri
Vice President, Service & Aftersales Operations
111 Peters Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92606
[email protected]

Chief Executive
SeungKyu (Sean) Yoon
President and CEO, Kia Motors America
111 Peters Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92606
[email protected]

·
Registered
287 Posts
So I did a thing tonite, I emailed directly the KIA Customer Care, the Executive Director of Consumer Affairs, Vice President of Service and Aftersales Operations and the President of Kia all with the same email message. I'm kinda hoping I get an email back from some higher up explaining wth the reasons are that half the model year has battery preconditioning and the other doesnt and other EU countries are getting updates and NA isn't.

I used this message and highly recommend everyone else just email the hell out of them to figure whats going and that may push them to give us the update. My Canadian brothers can change it up to fit them.

I looked high and low for the Canadian Executives emails but couldn't find them.

The message:
This is awesome! I'll be drafting up something similar later this morning to these three contacts. Thank you!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Everyone of those executives emails gets read and filtered by several levels of clerks and staff. If you're lucky your concern will get noted on a summary or briefing page.

Doesn't mean it's hopeless or not worth doing though.

The US is one of the largest EV markets in the planet. Kia will push the update in NA. They can't afford not to.

·
Registered
AWD Wind, Bolt EUV Premier
64 Posts
Everyone of those executives emails gets read and filtered by several levels of clerks and staff. If you're lucky your concern will get noted on a summary or briefing page.

The US is one of the largest EV markets in the planet. Kia will push the update in NA. They can't afford not to.
I mean sure, but if I put the email on repeat until a credible answer appears that makes me happy. Enough to piss them off, I mean they have no real incentive to send it out other than maybe some goodwill bc we’ve already bought the car and they already have our money.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Emailing executives is still much more likely to result in prompt non-generic email replies, and calls back from people who do have access to those executives. Some people who got sufficiently angry with customer care got replies directly from the heads of customer experience. It's quite clear that Hyundai heard us because they went from saying "there are technical limitations" so we won't ever get an update, to prioritizing engineer time to get it ready.

Kia is not ruling out releasing the update now, but they are also clearly not prioritizing it. So, the amount of email they get about it will directly inform how much of a priority it should be.

·
Registered
2022 Gravity Blue EV6 AWD w/ Tech Package
323 Posts
Also just wanted to add I got an automated out of office reply from Greg Silvestri. So I know that email is good and hopefully he looks at it.
I emailed these same people 20 days ago and no response as of yet. Others should respectfully email these people. My email is below.

Kia USA has not stated we are not getting the battery conditioning upgrade so hopefully they are just being coy about its deployment. They definitely need to take a class in using social media to be transparent. I am hoping they do not want to promise anything until their engineers confirm it is stable.

"First off, this is my first Kia and I am thoroughly impressed with the EV6. I looked at other non-Tesla EVs and chose the EV6 based on Kia's experience with making EVs and its feature set. The 800V charging speeds, efficiency/range, tech and quality is what sold it for me and the styling is icing on the cake. The ultra fast DCFC was a major selling point since I frequently do 500+ mile road trips throughout the year and did not wish to add hours of charging time to my travels.

In EV6s made after July 2022, the "Winter mode" setting of battery warming was replaced by "Battery conditioning mode" which warms the battery when a DCFC is set as a destination in the car's NAV. This functionality is critical to achieving satisfactory charging times during the colder months while road tripping. While "Winter mode" may warm the battery once you get to a DCFC, it does not preheat the battery prior to DCFC arrival so charging times are significantly longer.

Kia Europe recently announced that an update to "Battery conditioning mode" functionality is currently being deployed to EV6s manufactured prior to July 2022. My EV6 AWD Wind trim with technology package was manufactured in March 2022. Is Kia USA planning to release this functionality for my vehicle and if so when? I am hoping so because it will help to maintain a major selling point of the EV6 in colder months for your early adoption customers with pre-July 2022 built vehicles."

601 - 620 of 672 Posts