Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone is having this issue. I have 2022 EV6 Wind AWD. When I go to the car wash, the car seems to have an issue where despite putting it in neutral, the car acts as if it is in park. The back wheel (where the roller is that pushes the car along) pops over the roller in the car wash guide creating an issue.

Auto-hold is turned off, so it isn't that. I also thought it could be the regenerative properties of having it in Auto mode, iPedal or a higher level setting other than "0". Now... it did work okay with it set to Level 0 when I stayed in the car. But twice now, when I've gotten out (leaving key behind in the car), it seems to have the issue.

Anyone else having this issue? I bears noted that it is possible that when the attendant is moving the car into the tire guide, they are not moving it back to neutral, but it's happened three times now and I find it hard to believe that this would be the case. I know Tesla has a car wash mode, but see nothing like this with the EV6. Does the car go into park if you leave it in neutral and leave the driver's seat?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wondering if anyone is having this issue. I have 2022 EV6 Wind AWD. When I go to the car wash, the car seems to have an issue where despite putting it in neutral, the car acts as if it is in park. The back wheel (where the roller is that pushes the car along) pops over the roller in the car wash guide creating an issue.

Auto-hold is turned off, so it isn't that. I also thought it could be the regenerative properties of having it in Auto mode, iPedal or a higher level setting other than "0". Now... it did work okay with it set to Level 0 when I stayed in the car. But twice now, when I've gotten out (leaving key behind in the car), it seems to have the issue.

Anyone else having this issue? I bears noted that it is possible that when the attendant is moving the car into the tire guide, they are not moving it back to neutral, but it's happened three times now and I find it hard to believe that this would be the case. I know Tesla has a car wash mode, but see nothing like this with the EV6. Does the car go into park if you leave it in neutral and leave the driver's seat?

Thoughts?
I haven't tested it but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes into park automatically when you get out of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can confirm that the car goes indeed into Park when you open the drivers door, whether you're in Drive or Neutral. in the manual is a procedure for keeping it in Neutral for towing. Put it in Neutral and sit in the car for at least 3 min before opening the door.
When I took my car for the first and last time to my local touchless car wash they ended up dragging it a bit. after numerous attempts they figured out that somebody had to be in the car.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
76 Posts
When you open the drivers door the car shifts to "P"

Someone needs to sit in the car as it goes through the car wash, or you could try the following:-

John.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone... yes, I tested it and it definitely goes into park. I guess there is no way around this other than to stay in the car (or an attendant). You can't tell the attendant that takes the car from you to wait 3 minutes before exiting. That's crazy. Will try the suggestion about putting it in neutral AFTER the door is opened. If someone does this before me, please let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Thoughts?
Wait, you put your car through an automated car wash...😭

Not even a hand wash would I take my car... Buckets with nice fine grit to score the paintwork... Automated frayed ended brushes to score the paintwork... no no no 😂

TLC is all it needs, love it ❤ wash it yourself 👍

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The horror... the horror. LOL. I'll spend my TLC on the grandkids. We have some very good automated, brushless car washes here in the states. I put my 330 BMW hardtop convertible through my favorite car wash twice a month for 8 years and it was still pristine when sold. I do love your enthusiasm though.

·
Registered
KIA EV6 AWD Wind w/Tech Package
82 Posts
The horror... the horror. LOL. I'll spend my TLC on the grandkids. We have some very good automated, brushless car washes here in the states. I put my 330 BMW hardtop convertible through my favorite car wash twice a month for 8 years and it was still pristine when sold. I do love your enthusiasm though.
You lost me at pristine from using only a brushless carwash for 8 years.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know you can drive with the doors open. I have done it. You have to press whatever gear mode you want a few times and then it honors the request. It will not let you do it on the first try though. Just hold the door open and select neutral the second time. When you open the door again it will go to park on its own.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind Tech Gravity Blue
10 Posts

Thoughts?
Just went for the first automated car wash. Put the car in neutral, parking brake off, and the push mechanism engaged the tire and it started to move. This is a self car wash so we stayed in the car. I wasn't sure what was happening but did hear the popping noise and the car bounced slightly each time. At the end of the wash the rotary shift didn't work and it wouldn't shift into drive. In retrospect I assume that at some point it somehow engaged park. The operator had to stop the car wash because of cars piling up behind us. At the exit the car wouldn't shift into drive to leave the car wash. I frantically turned the car on and off several times before it eventually shifted into drive and we left all of the scared, angry honking drivers who were queued up and waiting behind us.
I'll pay more attention next time and ask the attendant to wait a few minutes before sending the next car through. I'll also make sure that the wipers are off so the rain sensor doesn't turn the wipers on (duh) and I'll also take the suggestion from another poster and turn the regen to 0. The regen was set to 2 and auto.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind Tech Gravity Blue
10 Posts
rtev, thanks for the video. I missed the prompt to press the OK button. It's good to have an OK button. I don't think I've ever had one before! Note that we stayed in the vehicle and at no time did we open either door.
My wife and I have been practicing and the procedure is a bit awkward even in the driveway. We'll see how it goes when we're confronted by active machinery while guiding the vehicle onto the track and being followed closely by other vehicles.
I'm still not sure what exactly happened though. My wife noticed that the screens went dark at some point while traveling through the machine. She's not sure exactly when but noted that as we exited the machine the screens were dark. I admit to being panicked so I'm not a reliable witness.
And no, for those so inclined and insistent, hand washing the vehicle is not an option. We had the PFF installed and the ceramic coating applied. A person can only do so much.

·
Registered
KIA EV6 AWD Wind w/Tech Package
82 Posts
rtev, thanks for the video. I missed the prompt to press the OK button. It's good to have an OK button. I don't think I've ever had one before! Note that we stayed in the vehicle and at no time did we open either door.
My wife and I have been practicing and the procedure is a bit awkward even in the driveway. We'll see how it goes when we're confronted by active machinery while guiding the vehicle onto the track and being followed closely by other vehicles.
I'm still not sure what exactly happened though. My wife noticed that the screens went dark at some point while traveling through the machine. She's not sure exactly when but noted that as we exited the machine the screens were dark. I admit to being panicked so I'm not a reliable witness.
And no, for those so inclined and insistent, hand washing the vehicle is not an option. We had the PFF installed and the ceramic coating applied. A person can only do so much.
Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Post a vid of one of these carwashes, and pic of brush ends 👍

1 - 20 of 26 Posts